Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

View From Bowlimg Green
BCBronco Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
View From Bowlimg Green
http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/437790

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/437..._id=878183

Did not realize the beat indiana and our defense compared favorably to Wisconsin's against BGSU. Kind of whiny writing.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 07:06 AM by BCBronco.)
10-19-2014 06:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

I Root For: Row The Boat
RE: View From Bowlimg Green
274 total yards, and 75 of them came on the opening drive. The defense was so impressive yesterday.

I think they got 5 first downs on the opening drive and then only 9 more for the rest of the game.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 07:08 AM by ChuckNorris.)
10-19-2014 07:03 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

No credit to WMU whatsoever. Because he doesn't want to admit he got completely outclassed.

Quote:“I don’t remember what we did in the second half — I’m not sure we did much of anything,” BG coach Dino Babers said. “We weren’t good. We were off. We were missing on all cylinders.

“And that’s why we lost.”
10-19-2014 07:10 AM
ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

I Root For: Row The Boat
(10-19-2014 07:10 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  No credit to WMU whatsoever. Because he doesn't want to admit he got completely outclassed.

Quote:“I don’t remember what we did in the second half — I’m not sure we did much of anything,” BG coach Dino Babers said. “We weren’t good. We were off. We were missing on all cylinders.

And to think, Franklin fell down at the one to not up the score. We not only have a better football team than BG, we've got way more class. RTB!
10-19-2014 07:13 AM
BCBronco Offline
All American

(10-19-2014 07:10 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  No credit to WMU whatsoever. Because he doesn't want to admit he got completely outclassed.

Yup, I thought the same thing.
10-19-2014 07:24 AM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

Someone should tell Babers they got beat because they are soft. Knapke took one hard hit and was folding like a cheap tent in a wind storm the rest of the day.
10-19-2014 07:58 AM
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

Quote:We’re not going to start a quarterback controversy,” Babers said. “[Knapke] was good enough to beat Indiana, and he’s good enough to beat Western Michigan.

WMU proved otherwise yesterday!! With that attitude he could coach at CMU. Same logic their fans use.
10-19-2014 10:35 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
WKU(2-4), a team that blew out BG, lost to FAU yesterday. Kent was able to ground a UMass Offense that BG couldn't. The Falcon Defense is pathetic.
10-19-2014 11:55 AM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
lol Nothing surprises me coming out of BG anymore or from their intern hacks posing as journalists at the Blade. Remember the rainy BG game at Waldo somewhere between the late 90's and 2000. The Broncos had went up by 2 scores and Urban Meyer decides he's going to use all 3 of his timeouts with less than 15 seconds on the clock.

BG and Criminal Mischief U have always been a classy bunch of thugs, whiners and criers.
10-19-2014 11:55 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(10-19-2014 07:24 AM)BCBronco Wrote:  

Yup, I thought the same thing.

Babers is a great hire.

But seriously, I'm starting to think Dunn is a great AD.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 01:47 PM by Chipdip2.)
10-19-2014 12:01 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(10-19-2014 11:55 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  WKU(2-4), a team that blew out BG, lost to FAU yesterday. Kent was able to ground a UMass Offense that BG couldn't. The Falcon Defense is pathetic.

I agree, BG isn't nearly as good this year, even though I don't think there was a big drop off when Johnson went down. That said, it's very hard to win back to back on the road. And I do think we played a better BSU team than UT did. Milas is better than Mann, and Williams was back after injury.
10-19-2014 12:05 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Lions Saints is BORING compared to WMU.
10-19-2014 12:13 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

(10-19-2014 11:55 AM)John52168 Wrote:  lol Nothing surprises me coming out of BG anymore or from their intern hacks posing as journalists at the Blade. Remember the rainy BG game at Waldo somewhere between the late 90's and 2000. The Broncos had went up by 2 scores and Urban Meyer decides he's going to use all 3 of his timeouts with less than 15 seconds on the clock.

BG and Criminal Mischief U have always been a classy bunch of thugs, whiners and criers.

I dislike Urban Myer to this day for that stunt he pulled.
10-19-2014 12:44 PM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
(10-19-2014 12:44 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 11:55 AM)John52168 Wrote:  lol Nothing surprises me coming out of BG anymore or from their intern hacks posing as journalists at the Blade. Remember the rainy BG game at Waldo somewhere between the late 90's and 2000. The Broncos had went up by 2 scores and Urban Meyer decides he's going to use all 3 of his timeouts with less than 15 seconds on the clock.

I dislike Urban Myer to this day for that stunt he pulled.

Somewhere around the second or third timeout I was walking next to the hill closest to the scoreboard end zone and stepped on the wet grass and ended up on my rear. I'm still not happy about that act of calling his three timeouts.
10-19-2014 12:53 PM
Bronco'14 Online
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Saw a post on the MAC section, I believe, of some BGSU fan saying the refs handed us the game. Hellllloooooo, we shut them out in the second half.
10-19-2014 12:53 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(10-19-2014 07:13 AM)ChuckNorris Wrote:  

And to think, Franklin fell down at the one to not up the score. We not only have a better football team than BG, we've got way more class. RTB!
True; but I am still mad a Franklin for not going in for the score. He has way more class than me.
10-19-2014 12:56 PM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I don't see it as "class" so much as I see it as being "smart" with the clock given the situation... but yes, I wish he would've just taken it in selfishly.
10-19-2014 12:59 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(10-19-2014 12:56 PM)brovol Wrote:  True; but I am still mad a Franklin for not going in for the score. He has way more class than me.

Franklin must be a Democrat.
10-19-2014 01:21 PM
thegeneral Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU, OU
I don't see any strategic advantage to taking a knee at the one. WMU was already up 2 scores at that point with less than a minute left.

He takes it in and WMU is up 18. That's why I wondered in the game thread if that was his own idea or the coaches told him to do that if the situation presented himself.
10-19-2014 01:22 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-19-2014 01:22 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  I don't see any strategic advantage to taking a knee at the one. WMU was already up 2 scores at that point with less than a minute left.

He takes it in and WMU is up 18. That's why I wondered in the game thread if that was his own idea or the coaches told him to do that if the situation presented himself.

If Franklin strolls into the end-zone, then the Broncos go up 33-14 with a minute remaining.

It's a HUGE stretch, but that would allow BGSU to get the ball back. Let's say hypothetically, they score, convert the two-point conversion (33-22), recover an onside kick and score again (33-30), then recover another onside kick and make a miracle FG to tie it and go to overtime.

Like I said it's a HUGE stretch and the percent chance that happens is less than 1% (todd, please confirm?), but we've seen crazier things happen in college football. With BGSU's explosive offense, you just never know.

But if Franklin stops short of the goal line -- which he did -- the chances of BGSU getting the ball back is zero. So there's a little bit of strategy there. Like you said, I'd be curious to know if he was instructed to do that. Maybe David Drew will ask?
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 01:31 PM by Hoekjeness.)
10-19-2014 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.