Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
stAte vs Louisiana Pre-Game Thread.
Bookmark and Share
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
stAte vs Louisiana Pre-Game Thread.
Let's keep it all in here guys. We can quit cluttering all the other threads with the growing hatred from the school up north. I have always found it interesting that 99% of Louisiana fans have respect for what stAte has accomplished since it closely mirrors what the Cajuns have done. But with Louisiana getting most of the recognition and seemingly "The Class of The Sun Belt" according to some, the folks up in Arkansas are starting to show a very strong dislike for our program. In fact turning to the same tactics shared by a few other Sun belt programs when it comes to disrespecting the universities branding efforts. I get it, stAte feels disrespected and forgotten. Since the only recognition they seem to get is for continuing to win despite changing coaches 5 years in a row. They have won 3 straight Belt titles either outright or shared. They feel as though they are the bell cow of the Sun Belt. Perception is trending towards Louisiana Ragin Cajuns as the face of the Sun belt despite dropping 2 of the last 3 to stAte. Make no mistake about it, Tuesday will be a war! We will welcome back our former OC Blake Anderson to Cajuns Field for the 1st time since leaving Ricky Bustle's staff after one season for USM.

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

stAte: 2 outright Sun Belt Titles 1 Co-Championship 2-1 Bowl Record.
Louisiana: 1 Co-Championship and a 3-0 Bowl Record.

For all practical purposes the winner of this game will be the leader for the Sun Belt Title or a share with GaSo how skates to a schedule without either stAte or Louisiana on it for 2 years.
10-16-2014 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: stAte vs Louisiana Pre-Game Thread.
(10-16-2014 09:58 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  Let's keep it all in here guys. We can quit cluttering all the other threads with the growing hatred from the school up north. I have always found it interesting that 99% of Louisiana fans have respect for what stAte has accomplished since it closely mirrors what the Cajuns have done. But with Louisiana getting most of the recognition and seemingly "The Class of The Sun Belt" according to some, the folks up in Arkansas are starting to show a very strong dislike for our program. In fact turning to the same tactics shared by a few other Sun belt programs when it comes to disrespecting the universities branding efforts. I get it, stAte feels disrespected and forgotten. Since the only recognition they seem to get is for continuing to win despite changing coaches 5 years in a row. They have won 3 straight Belt titles either outright or shared. They feel as though they are the bell cow of the Sun Belt. Perception is trending towards Louisiana Ragin Cajuns as the face of the Sun belt despite dropping 2 of the last 3 to stAte. Make no mistake about it, Tuesday will be a war! We will welcome back our former OC Blake Anderson to Cajuns Field for the 1st time since leaving Ricky Bustle's staff after one season for USM.

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

For all practical purposes the winner of this game will be the leader for the Sun Belt Title or a share with GaSo how skates to a schedule without either stAte or Louisiana on it for 2 years.

I don't think there is the hate for the Cajuns program that you talk about. Hate is a strong word that we wish solely on Memphis and the Razorbacks.

In fact, I'd argue that most of our fans have a strong respect for your program. We don't like losing to you guys, but that's true for anyone. The two major things we disagree on would appear from a distance to be: 1. Is the Sun Belt right for the two programs (Polls on our board show our fans want no part of CUSA. and 2. Which program is the best in the league.

I think there is a small frustration when ESPN makes grandiose claims about Cajun Football, and we go unnoticed despite enjoying an equal amount of success. But that's at ESPN more than it is you guys.

As for the branding thing, you are barking up the wrong tree. Our administration chooses to call you ULL or Louisiana Lafayette. We don't use the branding you choose. If our administration constantly does it that way, our fans are likely not going to jump on the UL bandwagon. That's just how it works. Blaming the fans for it is a tad ridiculous. We've been playing you guys for 40 years. Its not something we're going to change immediately.
10-16-2014 10:07 AM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-16-2014 09:58 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  Let's keep it all in here guys. We can quit cluttering all the other threads with the growing hatred from the school up north. I have always found it interesting that 99% of Louisiana fans have respect for what stAte has accomplished since it closely mirrors what the Cajuns have done. But with Louisiana getting most of the recognition and seemingly "The Class of The Sun Belt" according to some, the folks up in Arkansas are starting to show a very strong dislike for our program. In fact turning to the same tactics shared by a few other Sun belt programs when it comes to disrespecting the universities branding efforts. I get it, stAte feels disrespected and forgotten. Since the only recognition they seem to get is for continuing to win despite changing coaches 5 years in a row. They have won 3 straight Belt titles either outright or shared. They feel as though they are the bell cow of the Sun Belt. Perception is trending towards Louisiana Ragin Cajuns as the face of the Sun belt despite dropping 2 of the last 3 to stAte. Make no mistake about it, Tuesday will be a war! We will welcome back our former OC Blake Anderson to Cajuns Field for the 1st time since leaving Ricky Bustle's staff after one season for USM.

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

I guess you meant to say "who skates through a schedule" ?

Granted we might have drawn the path of least resistance, but that sled pulls both ways.

Count your blessings 05-mafia

I wonder that since ULL is the "class of the Sun Belt" - if your leaders had any pull in dodging Georgia Southern? Just a thought. 07-coffee3

Go stAte!
10-16-2014 10:07 AM
sham84 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
That 2010 game at Cajun Field was the most miserable game I have ever attended..felt like the game was being played on Mercury.

2012 was the first time I visited Jonesboro, really enjoyed the game despite the score and being hungover from a long night on Beale St...

Looking forward to Tuesday nights showdown!
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 10:12 AM by sham84.)
10-16-2014 10:08 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(10-16-2014 10:08 AM)sham84 Wrote:  That 2010 game at Cajun Field was the most miserable game I have ever attended..felt like the game was being played on Mercury.

Mercury only described how warm the seat of each coach was heading into that game. Neither made it past that year.
10-16-2014 10:11 AM
epiccajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
(10-16-2014 10:07 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

Granted we might have drawn the path of least resistance, but that sled pulls both ways.

I wonder that since ULL is the "class of the Sun Belt" - if your leaders had any pull in dodging Georgia Southern? Just a thought. 07-coffee3

Go stAte!

More like Benson wanted to offer the path of least resistance to Georgia Southern,since he has a history of treating the conference's most successful and profitable programs with disdain.
10-16-2014 10:15 AM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Cajuns will have to play their best game of the year in all phases to win this one. Should be a war.
10-16-2014 10:18 AM
sham84 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-16-2014 10:11 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 10:08 AM)sham84 Wrote:  That 2010 game at Cajun Field was the most miserable game I have ever attended..felt like the game was being played on Mercury.

Mercury only described how warm the seat of each coach was heading into that game. Neither made it past that year.

Yep and both great decisions.

Still amazes me how your program has been a consitent winner despite 5 coaches in 5 years.
10-16-2014 10:19 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(10-16-2014 10:07 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

I don't think there is the hate for the Cajuns program that you talk about. Hate is a strong word that we wish solely on Memphis and the Razorbacks.

In fact, I'd argue that most of our fans have a strong respect for your program. We don't like losing to you guys, but that's true for anyone. The two major things we disagree on would appear from a distance to be: 1. Is the Sun Belt right for the two programs (Polls on our board show our fans want no part of CUSA. and 2. Which program is the best in the league.

I think there is a small frustration when ESPN makes grandiose claims about Cajun Football, and we go unnoticed despite enjoying an equal amount of success. But that's at ESPN more than it is you guys.

As for the branding thing, you are barking up the wrong tree. Our administration chooses to call you ULL or Louisiana Lafayette. We don't use the branding you choose. If our administration constantly does it that way, our fans are likely not going to jump on the UL bandwagon. That's just how it works. Blaming the fans for it is a tad ridiculous. We've been playing you guys for 40 years. Its not something we're going to change immediately.

Look, I peruse just about every teams fan forum in the Sun Belt. You guy on the Den consistently mock our branding preference. It only started once Louisiana started gaining more recognition from the national media than stAte has. This is in large part to the fact that HUD is a PR machine. Y'all success has also been part of stAte's problem. You guys are viewed now as a proving ground for great young coaches. Not a place that a coach wants to stay at, that the national perception. I think Anderson stays for at least 4 years IMO, but Freeze, Malzan, and Harsin all left after one season for much better jobs. Meanwhile Hudspeth has chosen to stay at Louisiana after a $1.3M offer from Tulane, interview with Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy. Now he may not have been the front runner at any of those SEC programs, but he still was thought of as a good enough candidate to warrant an interview.

What stAte has accomplished is nothing short of amazing over the last 4 years. It will be 4 straight bowl games and possibly 4 straight Sun Belt titles. That is pretty damn good no matter who it is.

Louisiana on the other hand has 1 title and 3 straight bowl wins in front of 3 straight record crowds in the New Orleans Bowl. We are firing on all cylinders as a whole program. Of course our fans will be brash, whose fans wouldn't be after the year we had. We will be just as formidable in every sport again this season. Although GaSt will be the class of the Belt in basketball.

We are no longer an also ran program, that most of y'all remember. We are in the infancy of the revival of what can be one of the Top 5 non-AQ athletic departments in the country.
10-16-2014 10:20 AM
sham84 Offline
Bench Warmer

Both programs have done great things in the past few years and are the class of the conference....no use getting into a pissing match. It's like splitting hairs now.

Georgia Southern however..you can s*ck it...04-rock02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 10:24 AM by sham84.)
10-16-2014 10:22 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

Go stAte!

Yeah right, you must not have followed the Sun Belt closely before GaSo got the invite. This conference has done no favors for the Louisiana program. Our AD Scott Farmer who is a GaSo alum wanted to play you guys and that is just how the schedule panned out.

GaSo may very well win against Louisiana or stAte, but seriously doubt that they would win both in the same year. you guys were a good add for the Sun Belt, even though I had never heard of y'all since I did not follow any FCS programs prior to the expansion crap started.

Also the only program that was every catered to by this conference is no longer in the Sun Belt, WKU.
10-16-2014 10:25 AM
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(10-16-2014 10:07 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  I wonder that since ULL is the "class of the Sun Belt" - if your leaders had any pull in dodging Georgia Southern? Just a thought. 07-coffee3

You've obviously not gotten the conspiracy memo.
10-16-2014 10:25 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(10-16-2014 10:20 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 10:07 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

Look, I peruse just about every teams fan forum in the Sun Belt. You guy on the Den consistently mock our branding preference. It only started once Louisiana started gaining more recognition from the national media than stAte has. This is in large part to the fact that HUD is a PR machine. Y'all success has also been part of stAte's problem. You guys are viewed now as a proving ground for great young coaches. Not a place that a coach wants to stay at, that the national perception. I think Anderson stays for at least 4 years IMO, but Freeze, Malzan, and Harsin all left after one season for much better jobs. Meanwhile Hudspeth has chosen to stay at Louisiana after a $1.3M offer from Tulane, interview with Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy. Now he may not have been the front runner at any of those SEC programs, but he still was thought of as a good enough candidate to warrant an interview.

What stAte has accomplished is nothing short of amazing over the last 4 years. It will be 4 straight bowl games and possibly 4 straight Sun Belt titles. That is pretty damn good no matter who it is.

Louisiana on the other hand has 1 title and 3 straight bowl wins in front of 3 straight record crowds in the New Orleans Bowl. We are firing on all cylinders as a whole program. Of course our fans will be brash, whose fans wouldn't be after the year we had. We will be just as formidable in every sport again this season. Although GaSt will be the class of the Belt in basketball.

We are no longer an also ran program, that most of y'all remember. We are in the infancy of the revival of what can be one of the Top 5 non-AQ athletic departments in the country.

We've been calling you guys LaLa for a decade plus. We play ULM every season as well. We're not going to bend towards the will of the branding. Our administration doesn't use it, and our fans certainly don't.

Please quit acting like every person on a message board who calls you guys ULL is intentionally offending your program. Its just not something you're going to convince those of us who have been playing you guys for a full decade plus in the SBC to change.
10-16-2014 10:26 AM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-16-2014 10:15 AM)epiccajun Wrote:  

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

Go stAte!

More like Benson wanted to offer the path of least resistance to Georgia Southern,since he has a history of treating the conference's most successful and profitable programs with disdain.

Sounds like a contradiction to me.
10-16-2014 10:26 AM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
I really don't have to write a lot of paragraphs or provide stats.

The point is to win championships. We have three sets of rings. End of story.

If you do well this year and next, you can equal that.
10-16-2014 10:37 AM
epiccajun Offline
Special Teams

(10-16-2014 10:26 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 10:15 AM)epiccajun Wrote:  

Last 10 games:
2004 27-24 Louisiana
2005 39-36 stAte
2006 28-13 Louisiana
2007 52-21 stAte
2008 28-23 Louisiana
2009 21-18 Louisiana
2010 31-24 Louisiana
2011 30-21 stAte
2012 50-27 stAte
2013 23-7 Louisiana
2014 ?

Go stAte!

Sounds like a contradiction to me.

You would think so, but justwait when it is Georgia Southern's turn at bat and the almighty Karl Benson doesn't do anything to help promote the Eagles in regards to seeding, Bowl selection, marketing, Sun Belt network representation, etc.

I think you will be left feeling underwhelmed with how he handles supporting a member school that had a successful season ...just wait and see!

Between this and the television contract revenue, it is the biggest reason I want out of the Sun Belt!
10-16-2014 10:41 AM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(10-16-2014 10:37 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  I really don't have to write a lot of paragraphs or provide stats.

We have won 3 of the last 5 and 6 of the last 10. You guys act like y'all have dominated the series and the win over the Cajuns have resulted in direct Sun belt Championships.

I could argue that is the Cajuns don't choke away games against UNT, WKU, ULM and South Al you guys wouldn't have 3 titles.

This is about head to head match ups. Also you are on acid if you think any program in the Sun belt will ever match what the Cajuns accomplished last year. That is why we are The Class of the Belt not because of football.
10-16-2014 10:44 AM
sham84 Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-16-2014 10:37 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  I really don't have to write a lot of paragraphs or provide stats.

But is the point in college football to win conference championships or bowl championships?
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 10:48 AM by sham84.)
10-16-2014 10:44 AM
epiccajun Offline
Special Teams

Now to stay on course of the thread - Can NOT wait for this upcoming game with Arky State!!!

This has always been my favorite SBC game, and is always an electric atmosphere when we play!!!

I will be at Cajun Field early, enjoying many a Canebreak!

This is the most big time game the SunBelt has to offer!
10-16-2014 10:45 AM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(10-16-2014 10:44 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  That is why we are The Class of the Belt not because of football.

Well, duh.

We all know it's not because of your football program.
10-16-2014 10:50 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.