Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Orange round ball kick off!
Bookmark and Share
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
What does each school do to get basketball season started? WKU has a event called Hilltopper Hysteria.
[Image: Bz2Qjv7IQAAgD2n.jpg:large]
10-15-2014 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Orange round ball kick off!
Charlotte's is October 23rd
10-15-2014 07:14 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(10-15-2014 06:59 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  What does each school do to get basketball season started? WKU has a event called Hilltopper Hysteria.
[Image: Bz2Qjv7IQAAgD2n.jpg:large]

How old is "number 1" in the picture? He looks at least 40 years old.
10-16-2014 09:11 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

Anybody have video of your schools tip off event?

Jorden Wells of WKU's scout site did a nice job of putting a video together of WKU's event

http://westernkentucky.scout.com/2/1470496.html
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 11:21 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
10-20-2014 11:15 PM
Advertisement

Oduniceguy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big Blue Beast
ODU used to have the annual blue/white exhibition game. I don't think we do that anymore.
10-20-2014 11:41 PM
MarshallHerdFanz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall

.jpg  ImageUploadedByCSNbbs1413931850.109204.jpg (Size: 143.4 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg  ImageUploadedByCSNbbs1413931858.908894.jpg (Size: 145.03 KB / Downloads: 14)

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-21-2014 05:51 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
http://goblueraiders.com/news/2014/10/17...43245.aspx

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Be a part of the grand re-opening of Murphy Center when the Middle Tennessee men's and women's basketball teams participate in "Murphy Madness" Thursday, Oct. 30.

Murphy Madness will serve as a basketball tip-off celebration for the 2014-15 seasons and showcase the $12 million renovations to the historic Murphy Center, as well as highlighting both Blue Raider basketball teams. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with trunk-or-treat for youngsters on the concourse.

"We are excited about this event and the opportunity for our fans to get a first-hand look at the outstanding renovations to Murphy Center," Middle Tennessee Director of Athletics Chris Massaro said. "I believe our fans are going to enjoy the fresh look with the new lighting and sound system and the upgrades that have been made to our concession and restroom areas. Murphy Center has always been a great facility for our basketball teams and these improvements will only enhance the fan experience."

An explosive entrance involving the basketball teams begins at 6 p.m. inside Murphy Center so be sure to be in your seats to be a part of the excitement.

What to expect:
Trick-or-Treat on the concourse from 5:30-6 p.m.
DJ Dolewite with 101.1-FM The Beat Jamz will emcee the event and provide entertainment
Fans will have an opportunity to select their seats for the season
Activities involving students and supporters are planned throughout the evening
Three-point shooting competition
The Blue Raiders and Lady Raiders will also combine rosters for a unique blue-white scrimmage
First Tennessee Bank sponsored halfcourt shot where one lucky fan will have a chance to win $500
Special presentations planned throughout the evening
15 vendors including 102.5 broadcasting live

Both basketball teams are the defending C-USA champions and have several new faces on their 2014-15 roster so the event will also afford fans the opportunity to familiarize themselves with players on both programs.

Coaches with both teams have been impressed with the renovations during preseason practices and are excited for their teams to take the court in this setting in front of fans.

"We are all excited about the aesthetic look and the fan experience these renovations are going to make," Blue Raider Head Coach Kermit Davis said. "Our players are excited about Murphy Madness and the chance to meet the fans in a laid-back atmosphere before the season starts. Murphy Center is a great facility and these upgrades only make it better."

Lady Raider Head Coach Rick Insell said Murphy Madness is the perfect way to celebrate the renovations with fans and players from both teams interacting.

"The new look and the lighting is just incredible," Lady Raider Head Coach Rick Insell said. "Fans are going to love it. We were not on the main floor throughout the summer so when I came up the ramp and into the arena for the first time two weeks ago I got chill bumps.

"This is an opening ceremony so to speak and fans will not want to miss some of the things we have planned. They will want to get there early so they want miss any of the surprises or action."
10-21-2014 06:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(10-21-2014 06:10 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  http://goblueraiders.com/news/2014/10/17...43245.aspx

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Be a part of the grand re-opening of Murphy Center when the Middle Tennessee men's and women's basketball teams participate in "Murphy Madness" Thursday, Oct. 30.

Murphy Madness will serve as a basketball tip-off celebration for the 2014-15 seasons and showcase the $12 million renovations to the historic Murphy Center, as well as highlighting both Blue Raider basketball teams. The event begins at 5:30 p.m. with trunk-or-treat for youngsters on the concourse.

"We are excited about this event and the opportunity for our fans to get a first-hand look at the outstanding renovations to Murphy Center," Middle Tennessee Director of Athletics Chris Massaro said. "I believe our fans are going to enjoy the fresh look with the new lighting and sound system and the upgrades that have been made to our concession and restroom areas. Murphy Center has always been a great facility for our basketball teams and these improvements will only enhance the fan experience."

An explosive entrance involving the basketball teams begins at 6 p.m. inside Murphy Center so be sure to be in your seats to be a part of the excitement.

What to expect:
DJ Dolewite with 101.1-FM The Beat Jamz will emcee the event and provide entertainment
The Blue Raiders and Lady Raiders will also combine rosters for a unique blue-white scrimmage
First Tennessee Bank sponsored halfcourt shot where one lucky fan will have a chance to win $500

Both basketball teams are the defending C-USA champions and have several new faces on their 2014-15 roster so the event will also afford fans the opportunity to familiarize themselves with players on both programs.

Coaches with both teams have been impressed with the renovations during preseason practices and are excited for their teams to take the court in this setting in front of fans.

"We are all excited about the aesthetic look and the fan experience these renovations are going to make," Blue Raider Head Coach Kermit Davis said. "Our players are excited about Murphy Madness and the chance to meet the fans in a laid-back atmosphere before the season starts. Murphy Center is a great facility and these upgrades only make it better."

Lady Raider Head Coach Rick Insell said Murphy Madness is the perfect way to celebrate the renovations with fans and players from both teams interacting.

"The new look and the lighting is just incredible," Lady Raider Head Coach Rick Insell said. "Fans are going to love it. We were not on the main floor throughout the summer so when I came up the ramp and into the arena for the first time two weeks ago I got chill bumps.

"This is an opening ceremony so to speak and fans will not want to miss some of the things we have planned. They will want to get there early so they want miss any of the surprises or action."

Despite our disdain for the Hated Hilltoppers to the North; you've got to admit wku adds a great and successful b'ball history to CUSA and may help us forget the departed Memphis Tigers! In the meantime, I think the renovated Murphy Center (I graduated inside the then new Arena 40+ years ago) ARE AWESOME!!!
10-22-2014 09:34 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-21-2014 06:10 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  http://goblueraiders.com/news/2014/10/17...43245.aspx

What to expect:

did ya'll replace the indoor outhouses? 04-cheers
10-22-2014 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Did they get rid of the wookie steps? I hope not, those were good exercise...
10-22-2014 10:10 AM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(10-22-2014 10:08 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  

What to expect:

Hopefully, we kept them just so Hilltopper Fans will feel like you are still at HOME! Think of it as being like a trip to Grannie's House except for the fact that we spank your Butt for like the 5th or 6th time in the last 8 or 9 times we've played you!
10-22-2014 10:41 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.

What to expect:

Beed, we did indeed. I'm not gonna miss those corn cobs.

We even have mirrors now, so that those denture-less Western fans can see their remaining tooth 04-cheers
10-22-2014 10:44 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(10-22-2014 10:44 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  

What to expect:

Beed, we did indeed. I'm not gonna miss those corn cobs.

We even have mirrors now, so that those denture-less Western fans can see their remaining tooth 04-cheers

I'm glad MT did some renovations.....my wife had ask me if I'd ever have to take her back to that place again. Lol.. I guess I can say no and still make her go now
10-22-2014 03:08 PM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(10-22-2014 10:41 AM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  

What to expect:

Hopefully, we kept them just so Hilltopper Fans will feel like you are still at HOME! Think of it as being like a trip to Grannie's House except for the fact that we spank your Butt for like the 5th or 6th time in the last 8 or 9 times we've played you!

nobody will confuse the plywood bathrooms at middle with diddle arena amigo. it never was that ghetto even before our renovations.

another question. do ya'll still sell pepsi from 2 liter bottles in the concession stands? now that one floored me. i thought i was at a cub scout meeting and was looking around for some rice-krispie treats wrapped in saran wrap for sale.
10-22-2014 06:21 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(10-22-2014 06:21 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  another question. do ya'll still sell pepsi from 2 liter bottles in the concession stands? now that one floored me. i thought i was at a cub scout meeting and was looking around for some rice-krispie treats wrapped in saran wrap for sale.

Naw they switched to Royal Crown Cola from two liter bottles.

I'm going to have to go down there in February and check out the renovations and see the Tops whip their butts in person...
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 06:49 PM by Hilltopper2K.)
10-22-2014 06:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.