MAC Stats
10-13-2014 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: MAC Stats
Good ol Servicable noodle arm's wobbly passes sure seem to be finding their mark.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 09:16 AM by DesertBronco.)
10-13-2014 09:16 AM
ghost bronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
(10-13-2014 09:16 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Good ol Servicable noodle arm's wobbly passes sure seem to be finding their mark.

So this is your new shtick? Shadow Kimbo and then use his comments about Terrell to paint yourself as the defender of a kid? Last month I would've taken an even money bet you didn't even know the name of our starting QB now you are his biggest supporter.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 09:24 AM by ghost bronco.)
10-13-2014 09:21 AM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Kinda surprised we're #3 in total punts.
10-13-2014 09:43 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(10-13-2014 07:56 AM)BCBronco Wrote:  http://mac-sports.com/custompages/stats/...nfldrs.htm

Good link. Thanks. We seem to have pretty good balance in the offensive and defensive categories. Wish we could cover punts.
10-13-2014 09:51 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Statistically, Terrell is the most efficient quarterback in the MAC. Doesn't surprise me. The playbook lends itself to this. I know some will take that as a "left-handed jab" and a "dig" but it's not. It is what it is. The playbook we're seeing is designed for short, simple, and precise routes.

Think back to the Toledo game where all Terrell had to do was dump the ball off to Phillips in the flat and let him go to work. Same goes with Braverman in a lot of instances. Sharp and simple routes, get the ball in his hands, and let him do the work. Hit Davis on a slant or a post, let him go up and make the catch, and break a tackle or two.

I'd love to know what our receivers' YAC's are up until this point. Betting we're at (or near) the top of the league in that category.

Not trying to minimize what Terrell is doing, but this is exactly why he's been successful. He's done a great job managing the offense so far.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 09:52 AM by Hoekjeness.)
10-13-2014 09:52 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
He's made some great plays, keeping the down alive, being mobile and checking down. I like his upside.
10-13-2014 09:58 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

You have to understand also... those jet sweep tosses to Braverman... are considered completed passes... so.... there's a handful of completion right there per game that are pretty high percentage and likely skewing his numbers a little.
10-13-2014 10:38 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(10-13-2014 09:58 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  He's made some great plays, keeping the down alive, being mobile and checking down. I like his upside.

What game are you watching? Mobile?

Terrel can run, but he's no more mobile than Tim Hiller. He can roll out, but he has NEVER completed a pass while rolling out, it's always a throw away. He rarely throws timing routes. As Hoke said, he is given a vanilla play book, that allow for easy passes and require good blocking down field an runs after the catch.

I don't disagree with it at all, but at some point people will pick up on those trends and react to them quicker. At that point the plan has to be a little less vanilla and we need to see the ball go down field. It's a great way to set up double moves by the receivers, and to get DB's to bite on pump fakes.

I expect that as the year progresses they'll let Terrel sling it a little more, but right now his numbers are more a result of safe passes and yardage after the catch, than great throws.
10-13-2014 10:46 AM
Ubish Offline
All American

Re: RE: MAC Stats
(10-13-2014 09:52 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Statistically, Terrell is the most efficient quarterback in the MAC. Doesn't surprise me. The playbook lends itself to this. I know some will take that as a "left-handed jab" and a "dig" but it's not. It is what it is. The playbook we're seeing is designed for short, simple, and precise routes.

Think back to the Toledo game where all Terrell had to do was dump the ball off to Phillips in the flat and let him go to work. Same goes with Braverman in a lot of instances. Sharp and simple routes, get the ball in his hands, and let him do the work. Hit Davis on a slant or a post, let him go up and make the catch, and break a tackle or two.

I'd love to know what our receivers' YAC's are up until this point. Betting we're at (or near) the top of the league in that category.

Not trying to minimize what Terrell is doing, but this is exactly why he's been successful. He's done a great job managing the offense so far.

Those slants are actually very difficult passes to throw. The timing causes many qbs issues.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-13-2014 10:50 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

surprised Braverman isn't ranked higher in all purpose yards/game.
10-13-2014 11:45 AM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
(10-13-2014 10:38 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  You have to understand also... those jet sweep tosses to Braverman... are considered completed passes... so.... there's a handful of completion right there per game that are pretty high percentage and likely skewing his numbers a little.

You do realize that almost all of the high powered offenses that throw the ball a lot have very similar plays. Hell Texas AM or Washington st. throw WAY more easy screens than we do. These are staples of the college game right now. I don't see those plays a skewing the numbers. This is college football today. There are very few Baylor's out there that throw the ball downfield on the regular. The screen is the new I formation Toss.
10-13-2014 05:56 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2014 05:56 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 10:38 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  You have to understand also... those jet sweep tosses to Braverman... are considered completed passes... so.... there's a handful of completion right there per game that are pretty high percentage and likely skewing his numbers a little.

You do realize that almost all of the high powered offenses that throw the ball a lot have very similar plays. Hell Texas AM or Washington st. throw WAY more easy screens than we do. These are staples of the college game right now. I don't see those plays a skewing the numbers. This is college football today. There are very few Baylor's out there that throw the ball downfield on the regular. The screen is the new I formation Toss.

Just indicating that Terrell flipping a ball on a sweep play to a player less than a yard away, behind the line, is considered a pass. High percentage on a level quite higher than your standard screen. (Which we employ also)
10-13-2014 07:31 PM
Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

Equal plus equal is equal. Same play is available to everyone, right?
10-13-2014 08:00 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
If Terrell has an upside left to his game, and he has two more years of eligibility left after this season, does he keep Stewart on the bench? Would Stewart stick around as a backup?

Do we care?
10-13-2014 08:13 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
I think Stewart is a competitor. And I think he'd wait for his opportunity to win the job even if it happens his junior year.

However, I could see Cam Thomas going somewhere to get on the field
10-13-2014 09:57 PM
Advertisement

stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Interesting that we both a) lead the league in red zone offense (by %) and b) are the only team without a turnover in the red zone.

Also - Akron leading the league with a +7 in turnover margin, +5 better than anyone else?! 01-wingedeagle
10-13-2014 11:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(10-13-2014 08:13 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  If Terrell has an upside left to his game, and he has two more years of eligibility left after this season, does he keep Stewart on the bench? Would Stewart stick around as a backup?

Do we care?

Terrell has been very solid so far this year. If nothing else, he has elevated the expectation level for the quarterback position next year and beyond.

Another QB would have to perform - and must be expected to perform - at a really high level to justify leaving Terrell on the sidelines holding up one of those big signs with all the different pictures on them...
10-14-2014 12:01 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I don't care who starts if we're winning. I do care that it seems we'll have lots of competition at QB and elsewhere--always a plus.
10-14-2014 01:06 AM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

The guy that wins the job should start. That's all I care about, and I think that is all Terrell and Stewart care about. Stewart will still have two years to play if he can't beat out Terrell in 2015 and 16, so I don't think he leaves. Of course at that point he will have to beat out Wassink.

I still believe that Stewart is a very talented kid. He is going to be able to make throws that Terrell ultimately can't. What it comes down for Stewart is, can he command a huddle, run the offense efficiently, and limit turnovers.
10-14-2014 02:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.