Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A head start on the GS/GA ST. game
Bookmark and Share
CC Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga. Southern
A head start on the GS/GA ST. game
The only solace of Georgia Southern's bye week is that it provides an extra week's head start on identifying all of the ways in which Georgia State falls woefully short of competing with the Eagles on the gridiron.

I"ll start with the easiest jab of all - hey GagSt., maybe win an FBS game before ever thinking that you can hang with the real GSU. You should hold as many money drops as is necessary to get even one-tenth of your students/fans to show up. That sort of bump in support might equal the Georgia Southern contingent that is going to spend a solid 48 hours pregaming their win before kicking your doors in and putting another notch in the win column.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 09:27 AM by SkullyMaroo.)
10-13-2014 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

trueblue21 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS and TAMU
RE: A head start on the GS/Gag St. game
[Image: evil-laugh.gif]
10-13-2014 12:56 AM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
Man. If by some miracle we beat Southern we might actually see some people kill themselves.
10-13-2014 01:18 AM
GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
seriously looking forward to putting Gast away after listening to years of their dribble about how they belong and all of their "potential" 03-puke
10-13-2014 06:19 AM
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA Southern
[Image: 2rm9v6a.png]
10-13-2014 06:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

So basically like any other week with Southern fans. So glad y'all don't think this is a rivalry. I guess if it was you'd be posting this a month before hand.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-13-2014 07:06 AM
Advertisement

Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(10-13-2014 07:06 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  So basically like any other week with Southern fans. So glad y'all don't think this is a rivalry. I guess if it was you'd be posting this a month before hand.

You did see all the App State threads, right?
10-13-2014 07:20 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

And, we don't think it's a rivalry. We just don't like you guys.

Yall ran your mouths when you started your program, so now we all get to sit back and laugh while you stumble to get a footing.

I'll be at the dome (not sure how easy it is to walk from lot to lot) if any of yall want to drink a beer in the parking lot before kickoff.
10-13-2014 07:23 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
So do the reasonable GS folks start posting on this thread at some point, or have y'all given up on trying to balance out your jackasses?
10-13-2014 07:23 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-13-2014 07:23 AM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  So do the reasonable GS folks start posting on this thread at some point, or have y'all given up on trying to balance out your jackasses?

we will do that when you guys do the same.
10-13-2014 07:25 AM
ButlerGSU Offline
Special Teams

(10-13-2014 07:06 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  So basically like any other week with Southern fans. So glad y'all don't think this is a rivalry. I guess if it was you'd be posting this a month before hand.

It can't be a rivalry till GA State has had a winning season...which could be a few more years...
10-13-2014 07:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

(10-13-2014 07:23 AM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  So do the reasonable GS folks start posting on this thread at some point, or have y'all given up on trying to balance out your jackasses?

Reasonable like this?

Quote:Ahahahahaha! What would that be, 5.7 million in monopoly money?! LOL, you poor inbreds couldn't raise $5 million in 5 years, let alone one. There is a reason EVERY single team on this board you used to play and beat in the 80s and 90s is now FBS and you're not. The degree from Southern is not worth its weight in toilet paper. Your impoverished alumni base is a sad joke of poverty stricken people that will never have money to finance a move to FBS.

The term beautiful coined by Erk is a perfect example of this. Statesboro and its alumni have always been the epitome of misery and poverty, so naturally you have to come up with imaginary words and meanings to escape the reality that you are the poorest alumni base in the country. Hey, whatever works. Beautiful eagle creek. Also, how about Wealthy Stateboro alumni, LMAO!!!

And you wonder why we don't like you guys.
10-13-2014 07:35 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(10-13-2014 07:35 AM)The Black Flag Wrote:  

Reasonable like this?

Quote:Ahahahahaha! What would that be, 5.7 million in monopoly money?! LOL, you poor inbreds couldn't raise $5 million in 5 years, let alone one. There is a reason EVERY single team on this board you used to play and beat in the 80s and 90s is now FBS and you're not. The degree from Southern is not worth its weight in toilet paper. Your impoverished alumni base is a sad joke of poverty stricken people that will never have money to finance a move to FBS.

The term beautiful coined by Erk is a perfect example of this. Statesboro and its alumni have always been the epitome of misery and poverty, so naturally you have to come up with imaginary words and meanings to escape the reality that you are the poorest alumni base in the country. Hey, whatever works. Beautiful eagle creek. Also, how about Wealthy Stateboro alumni, LMAO!!!

I don't know if you just searched that one up, or if you've been holding onto it waiting for the right moment to throw it out, but either way, kudos.

And I don't wonder why you don't like us. Trust me, from the moment I joined the FCSosphere on the web, I've been told how I deserve to see my team burn because of some obnoxious GSU fans. Which, y'know, internet. Whatever.

My initial post was more about the fact that excessive GS smack this year has often been tempered by the more reasonable Eagle contingent keeping things in perspective. It seems as your win column grows and the days till 10/25 lessen, that's falling off a bit...
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 07:43 AM by Pounce FTW.)
10-13-2014 07:42 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

(10-13-2014 07:42 AM)Pounce FTW Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 07:35 AM)The Black Flag Wrote:  

Reasonable like this?

I don't know if you just searched that one up, or if you've been holding onto it waiting for the right moment to throw it out, but either way, kudos.

And I don't wonder why you don't like us. Trust me, from the moment I joined the FCSosphere on the web, I've been told how I deserve to see my team burn because of some obnoxious GSU fans. Which, y'know, internet. Whatever.

My initial post was more about the fact that excessive GS smack this year has often been tempered by the more reasonable Eagle contingent keeping things in perspective. It seems as your win column grows and the days till 10/25 lessen, that's falling off a bit...

We're a proud bunch. We have one of the best records in all of college football in the past 30 years. Winning is what we do. The transition made a lot of us nervous. We weren't sure how our teams would handle the higher level of talent, especially during a coaching change. Everyone on this board told us how terrible we'd be, and how we might not win a game for 3 years, so pardon us while we beat our own chest for a while going 4-0 during all this change.

Posts like the one above were more of the garbage that was spat at us during the transition. There is a lot of crow to be eaten by a lot of posters. Take a back seat if you need to, we are just getting the smoker ready.
10-13-2014 07:49 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

Proud is one thing. This is another. This is getting to be the equivalent thing to showing pictures of your children to anyone who passes you by and saying, well, I am proud parent. But please go on. Who here has a kid named Erk? I know one of you have to have one.
10-13-2014 08:10 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(10-13-2014 08:10 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Proud is one thing. This is another. This is getting to be the equivalent thing to showing pictures of your children to anyone who passes you by and saying, well, I am proud parent. But please go on. Who here has a kid named Erk? I know one of you have to have one.

that is a dumb analogy. This is a sun belt sports forum, and it is in the middle of football season. What the hell else would you expect?
10-13-2014 08:13 AM
Advertisement

bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I just hope they schedule kick off soon. I am hoping for a late time so that I can go to the Hall of Fame prior to the game and still tailgate a little.
10-13-2014 08:16 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA....SOUTHERN

They might be jackasses, but they are our jackasses
10-13-2014 08:30 AM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

(10-13-2014 08:10 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Proud is one thing. This is another. This is getting to be the equivalent thing to showing pictures of your children to anyone who passes you by and saying, well, I am proud parent. But please go on. Who here has a kid named Erk? I know one of you have to have one.

I'm just going to steer clear of these threads for the next two weeks because I know we've got a particular forum or two on our board (recently revived of course) that has well over a hundred pages of posts of Ga State fans from 2-3 years ago rubbing their invite into the FBS in our face and telling us we'd never amount to anything.

I'll be the first to admit when I joined the "forum world" about 2 years ago I didn't understand the animosity of some of our fans toward Ga State, till someone directed me to that thread and I read all of the ridiculous comments thrown at us. It's going to be a LONGGG two weeks, I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

EDIT: Unless of course we actually talk football, but I'm not so sure that's gonna happen. Should be fun though to watch the Sun Belts #1 scoring offense go against the last place Scoring Defense.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 08:35 AM by TrueBlueAlum.)
10-13-2014 08:32 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

(10-13-2014 08:13 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  

that is a dumb analogy. This is a sun belt sports forum, and it is in the middle of football season. What the hell else would you expect?

I don't know. Now this thread was specifically started with us 2 in mind, but every State thread turns into the Southern worship us crap. Every friggin one.

95% of the people on here, including me, who said your transition would be tough has gone back and given y'all credit. So that chip should be filling back in on your shoulder.

As for 5 years ago when 5 people from State were proud when we finally got a football team, and excited again when we got the FBS invite, unless those 5 raped your women, kidnapped your children, pillaged your village than I would understand... whatever this is between our two schools. But alas, I guess Southern fans are the only ones that can get proud and excited about anything.

Do I think the Southern game is going to be a tough one? Yes. Do I think it is going to be like yesterday? No. You never know which State team is going to show up. If we don't have a running game, Air Arbuckle will be grounded. But don't expect any of us to give you the keys to the Dome, especially 2 weeks out.
10-13-2014 08:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.