W @ Idaho: 10-15, 241 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 267.6 rating
L vs. Toledo: 30-37, 370 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 174.0 rating

Okay
W vs. Murray: 20-29, 228 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 139.5 rating
W @ Ball State: 20-29, 290 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 180.2 rating

Not Good
L @ Purdue: 23-41, 243 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 117.1 rating
L @ Va. Tech 18-32, 212 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 105.6 rating

I've been one of Terrell's biggest critics, but he has really been playing some good ball at crucial times, so I've got to give him credit. 04-clap2

Today's game against Ball St. wasn't his greatest, but it was enough to get the job done and help orchestrate a great comeback on the road. He showed me a lot after the Toledo game, and he fought through kind of a rough outing today in the first 25 minutes and got the ball into his play-makers' hands. Coaches are doing a nice job with that as well. In most cases, they're setting him up to be successful with good offensive play-calling.

He's always going to have accuracy issues, and maybe he'll eventually learn to get off his first read faster with experience... but if he can develop some consistency and continue not to try and do too much, I think he can lead this team to bowl eligibility. He's definitely improving day-by-day. He's having a gritty season.
10-11-2014 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ghost bronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
RE: Kudos to Zach Terrell
He executes the offense well even if it doesn't always look fluid. I'm proud of his development thus far.
10-11-2014 09:50 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
He showed he could execute late. Haven't seen that out of a WMU QB in a long while.

I don't think he's naturally gifted, but I do think he's got cerebral skills, and learns from his mistakes.
10-11-2014 10:18 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
Kid is a playmaker and a winner. I like him. He has "that knack" and makes great decisions on big downs.
10-11-2014 10:22 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2014 10:22 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Kid is a playmaker and a winner. I like him. He has "that knack" and makes great decisions on big downs.

There are weeks when I believe Matt Stafford is the best QB in the NFL, and then the next week I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

That said, I need to see more evidence before I'm all in on Terrel. I'm more than happy to see him become the next Tim Lester and leave me wondering how I didn't have faith in him all along.
10-11-2014 10:35 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I feel the same way about Fleck.
10-11-2014 10:58 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2014 10:58 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  I feel the same way about Fleck.

On the contrary, you've made it clear no matter how Fleck performs you want his hair gelled butt gone.
10-11-2014 11:03 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(10-11-2014 11:03 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

On the contrary, you've made it clear no matter how Fleck performs you want his hair BALDING gelled butt gone.

That aside which is true, I like you do ZT, wonder if Peej is the answer. One minute we look great, other's not so much. I need more evidence.

Quote:That said, I need to see more evidence before I'm all in on Terrel. I'm more than happy to see him become the next Tim Lester and leave me wondering how I didn't have faith in him all along.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 11:14 PM by DesertBronco.)
10-11-2014 11:07 PM
ghost bronco Offline
Banned

Wow calling a winning coach bald when the board is asleep. Classy. Bill and his family must be proud
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 12:27 AM by ghost bronco.)
10-12-2014 12:27 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(10-12-2014 12:27 AM)ghost bronco Wrote:  Wow calling a winning coach bald when the board is asleep. Classy

What winning coach did I call bald?
10-12-2014 12:28 AM
ghost bronco Offline
Banned

(10-11-2014 11:07 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:03 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

On the contrary, you've made it clear no matter how Fleck performs you want his hair BALDING gelled butt gone.

That aside which is true, I like you do ZT, wonder if Peej is the answer. One minute we look great, other's not so much. I need more evidence.

Quote:That said, I need to see more evidence before I'm all in on Terrel. I'm more than happy to see him become the next Tim Lester and leave me wondering how I didn't have faith in him all along.

05-ban
10-12-2014 12:28 AM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2014 10:35 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:22 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Kid is a playmaker and a winner. I like him. He has "that knack" and makes great decisions on big downs.

There are weeks when I believe Matt Stafford is the best QB in the NFL, and then the next week I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

That said, I need to see more evidence before I'm all in on Terrel. I'm more than happy to see him become the next Tim Lester and leave me wondering how I didn't have faith in him all along.

A "playmaker" he is not. A "winner" -- also, not quite there yet. Yesterday was a nice step towards that, but he's still 4-8 as a starter of this team.

I wouldn't say I'm all-in on Terrell, but I am pretty convinced now after 6 games this season that he is the best quarterback for this team right now.

If he continues to play this way all season long -- and we reach bowl eligibility -- Fleck is going to have a harder decision at the QB spot than I originally thought next spring/fall.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 06:40 AM by Hoekjeness.)
10-12-2014 06:39 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

#24 passer rating in the country according to ESPN.

It is scary that he really only looks at his #1 target most plays, but he has battled well so far against 2 MAC opponents.
10-12-2014 08:48 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

He's a major reason for the improvement. Hats off to the kid for sticking with it and delivering.
10-12-2014 09:45 AM
Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

(10-11-2014 09:49 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  Good
W @ Idaho: 10-15, 241 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 267.6 rating
L vs. Toledo: 30-37, 370 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 174.0 rating

Okay
W vs. Murray: 20-29, 228 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 139.5 rating
W @ Ball State: 20-29, 290 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 180.2 rating

Not Good
L @ Purdue: 23-41, 243 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 117.1 rating
L @ Va. Tech 18-32, 212 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 105.6 rating

I've been one of Terrell's biggest critics, but he has really been playing some good ball at crucial times, so I've got to give him credit. 04-clap2

Today's game against Ball St. wasn't his greatest, but it was enough to get the job done and help orchestrate a great comeback on the road. He showed me a lot after the Toledo game, and he fought through kind of a rough outing today in the first 25 minutes and got the ball into his play-makers' hands. Coaches are doing a nice job with that as well. In most cases, they're setting him up to be successful with good offensive play-calling.

He's always going to have accuracy issues, and maybe he'll eventually learn to get off his first read faster with experience... but if he can develop some consistency and continue not to try and do too much, I think he can lead this team to bowl eligibility. He's definitely improving day-by-day. He's having a gritty season.

The kid isn't perfect but despite flaws must be head and shoulders better than his backups.
I mean if he is always going to have accuracy issues why bother with him? What would be the point of sticking with him? If the argument is your guy isn't ready but has the more accurate gun all he he has to do is "manage" as you say and let the playmakers you say make ZT good make the more accurate backup be even more successful.

Looks like the header has a different take then the naysayers who are
Now forced into left handed compliments.

LOL and in another attempt to CYA you attribute confirmation of ZT's mediocracy to a 4-8 record as a starter is tied directly to the person who has selected him to play. Go figure.
10-12-2014 10:58 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-12-2014 10:58 AM)Cucumber Salad Wrote:  I mean if he is always going to have accuracy issues why bother with him? What would be the point of sticking with him? If the argument is your guy isn't ready but has the more accurate gun all he he has to do is "manage" as you say and let the playmakers you say make ZT good make the more accurate backup be even more successful.

Looks like the header has a different take then the naysayers who are
Now forced into left handed compliments.

LOL and in another attempt to CYA you attribute confirmation of ZT's mediocracy to a 4-8 record as a starter is tied directly to the person who has selected him to play. Go figure.

I pretty much just said that Terrell is our best option right now, and to his credit he's been playing well and improving.

I haven't seen Cam Thomas or Chance Stewart enough to know what their accuracy is like. But I've seen plenty of ZT to know that he struggles with his accuracy at times. Would you disagree?

I said Terrell is 4-8 as the starter of this team. Is that inaccurate? I'm not sure what your point is here. I'm not blaming Terrell for anything. Just giving you facts.

As long as he keeps things simple and gets the balls into his playmakers hands, he'll do very well for us.

Would love to hear your take on ZT.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 12:41 PM by Hoekjeness.)
10-12-2014 12:40 PM
Advertisement

Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

No, you aren't blaming ZT.
But in tipping your hat to him you do so left handed as in a conditional compliment.

Fine but if is only 4-8 as a starter what is the coaching staff?
You laud them for adjustments, recruiting and play calling without a hint of condition. Why?
You talk about a low ceiling, inaccurate arm, not a playmaker every time you give him an atta boy. Always conditional.

The atta boy is only temporal. Difficult decision for the staff next spring! Why? If he is just a manager of the O, lolly pop arm and inaccurate to boot what does that say about either backup? And if the staffs decision to play him despite ZT being all that you claim what does that say about their competence?

Don't do too much? Like go 30-37 in a driving rain against possibly the best the MAC. Has to offer? Only to have the elite D get marched on in 1:11 to force a tie.

This isn't about you providing critical analysis or not. It's about you and others being disingenuous in your complimenting ZT.
10-12-2014 07:57 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(10-12-2014 07:57 PM)Cucumber Salad Wrote:  No, you aren't blaming ZT.
But in tipping your hat to him you do so left handed as in a conditional compliment.

Fine but if is only 4-8 as a starter what is the coaching staff?
You laud them for adjustments, recruiting and play calling without a hint of condition. Why?
You talk about a low ceiling, inaccurate arm, not a playmaker every time you give him an atta boy. Always conditional.

The atta boy is only temporal. Difficult decision for the staff next spring! Why? If he is just a manager of the O, lolly pop arm and inaccurate to boot what does that say about either backup? And if the staffs decision to play him despite ZT being all that you claim what does that say about their competence?

Don't do too much? Like go 30-37 in a driving rain against possibly the best the MAC. Has to offer? Only to have the elite D get marched on in 1:11 to force a tie.

This isn't about you providing critical analysis or not. It's about you and others being disingenuous in your complimenting ZT.

Am I having a Hiller moment, re: Josh Schaffer? 03-weeping

I apologize Mr. Terrell. 04-bolt
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 08:15 PM by Hoekjeness.)
10-12-2014 08:14 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
Good ole noodle arm has the best passer rating in the Mac and 24th in the nation just behind Bryce Petty. Number 1 in the Mac in yards per attempt nationally ahead of Kenny Hill and bryce petty. also has the best completion percentage in the Mac.
10-12-2014 09:15 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(10-12-2014 09:15 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  Good ole noodle arm has the best passer rating in the Mac and 24th in the nation just behind Bryce Petty. Number 1 in the Mac in yards per attempt nationally ahead of Kenny Hill and bryce petty. also has the best completion percentage in the Mac.

Can't argue with the results. I had/have my questions about some of the things he does, but he has performed well. Good to see he has become someone that the staff can count on.
10-12-2014 09:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.