GO TIGERS GO
10-11-2014 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Tell me again how good we are???
We will go to a bowl game something the players deserve.
10-11-2014 09:43 PM
Halfcourt Offline
Rec League All-Star

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Shouldve gone for it instead of kicking that last FG.
10-11-2014 09:44 PM
TIGER DENO Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(10-11-2014 09:43 PM)Crazier Wrote:  We will go to a bowl game something the players deserve.

I hope you're right . I'm really frustrated with the way we coached and played . We should have had contain on QB from the start , Paxton looked rattled and we couldnt hold onto the ball .

I'm really frustrated !
10-11-2014 09:50 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

Houston is a good football team. Memphis a good football team. Houston won because it made a couple more plays than Memphis. Lynch cannot carry this team on his arm. Like 90% of QB's at this level, he needs a running game to be an effective passer.
10-11-2014 09:52 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2014 09:50 PM)TIGER DENO Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:43 PM)Crazier Wrote:  We will go to a bowl game something the players deserve.

I hope you're right . I'm really frustrated with the way we coached and played . We should have had contain on QB from the start , Paxton looked rattled and we couldnt hold onto the ball .

I'm really frustrated !

Ward made some really good runs. When you gamble with the fire house blitz, you can get burned. And we did twice.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 09:54 PM by midtowncowboy.)
10-11-2014 09:53 PM
Advertisement

mapdude Online
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
Go look at the box score....it was an even game...they scored TD's every time...we settled for one FG.
10-11-2014 10:39 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
We are damn good! Okay?
10-11-2014 10:47 PM
Tigerlabel Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2014 10:47 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  We are damn good! Okay?

We're you at the same game I was at tonight? 5 turnovers. Offensive that was manhandled, defense that could not contain a QB and had no other offensive threats. What is your definition of good?
10-11-2014 11:15 PM
stoby Offline
All American

I think we just need to run the ball up the middle on every 1st down.
10-11-2014 11:21 PM
TigerBo Offline
All American

(10-11-2014 11:15 PM)Tigerlabel Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:47 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  We are damn good! Okay?

We're you at the same game I was at tonight? 5 turnovers. Offensive that was manhandled, defense that could not contain a QB and had no other offensive threats. What is your definition of good?

Some of you need to get a grip.. we are basically a year ahead of schedule.
10-11-2014 11:21 PM
Advertisement

MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

did I miss the memo on when we became alabama
10-11-2014 11:27 PM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

(10-11-2014 11:27 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  did I miss the memo on when we became alabama

Yes, apparently we are Alabama. Never seen the stupidity on this board get this high with a 3-3 team.
10-11-2014 11:41 PM
tharmon15 Offline
Special Teams

A let down game for sure. Our offense in the second half looked completely lost, and our defense lost to a mediocre QB tonight. Credit to Houston's defense who was solid, but not credit to Houston's offense, who has been lost all season until tonight. Based off what I saw tonight, Ward is a mediocre QB, but a good, elusive runner. So many times we should have sacked him and he got away and either ran for a good chunk of yards or found someone open to throw to. However, turnovers killed us. Paxton had a really bad game and hopefully will be able to shake it off and move on from it. He seemed to lose a lot of confidence in the second half.

We still have a LOT to be proud of on this team, and still can see us winning out if we can play the way we have been playing minus tonight. It's extremely hard to go undefeated in a conference, so we shouldn't be surprised to see a loss or two. We are still much improved. Hope we can fix our mistakes and move on from this.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 12:07 AM by tharmon15.)
10-11-2014 11:42 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(10-11-2014 11:42 PM)tharmon15 Wrote:  A let down game for sure. Our offense in the second half looked completely lost, and our defense lost to a terrible QB tonight. Credit to Houston's defense who was solid, but not credit to Houston's offense, who has been lost all season until tonight. Ward is a terrible QB, but a good, elusive runner. So many times we should have sacked him and he got away and either ran for a good chunk of yards or found someone open to throw a lame duck to. However, turnovers killed us. Paxton had a really bad game and hopefully will be able to shake it off and move on from it. He seemed to lose a lot of confidence in the second half.

We still have a LOT to be proud of on this team, and still can see us winning out if we can play the way we have been playing minus tonight. It's extremely hard to go undefeated in a conference, so we shouldn't be surprised to see a loss or two. We are still much improved. Hope we can fix our mistakes and move on from this.

Wards 1st start of the year was tonight so how exactly do you know hes terrible?
10-11-2014 11:44 PM
tharmon15 Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2014 11:44 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:42 PM)tharmon15 Wrote:  A let down game for sure. Our offense in the second half looked completely lost, and our defense lost to a terrible QB tonight. Credit to Houston's defense who was solid, but not credit to Houston's offense, who has been lost all season until tonight. Ward is a terrible QB, but a good, elusive runner. So many times we should have sacked him and he got away and either ran for a good chunk of yards or found someone open to throw a lame duck to. However, turnovers killed us. Paxton had a really bad game and hopefully will be able to shake it off and move on from it. He seemed to lose a lot of confidence in the second half.

Wards 1st start of the year was tonight so how exactly do you know hes terrible?

Were you watching what I was watching? He had a great game on the ground, but just seeing him throw the ball anyone would tell you he is not a great QB. Terrible might be extreme, but he was not good. He makes plays happen with his feet not his arm. He looked like, well, a WR playing QB.
10-11-2014 11:52 PM
Advertisement

tharmon15 Offline
Special Teams

Clarifying: Ward is not terrible, but based on his performance tonight, you can conclude that he is a great, elusive runner (which helps him make plays), but a mediocre passer that wanted to scramble first before he thought about throwing it downfield. However, that is how he makes plays; by his legs not his arms. But based on his ability to throw, it did not look good by no means. That is my clarification :)
10-12-2014 12:12 AM
TIGER DENO Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
10 - 2 record was what was being said and repeated .

I love this team and will pull for them always but when I heard people saying we are going to be 10 - 2 all I could do was just laugh . We have a long way to go and the coaches and players need to realize that as well as some fans . 9-3 anyone ????????????

JMO

.07-coffee3
10-12-2014 09:26 AM
Tigerx3 Online
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2014 09:41 PM)TIGER DENO Wrote:  We were totally not ready for that scrawny QB . 03-banghead

Congrats Houston you took it

GO TIGERS GO

We have flaws. We are not now nor ever were a 10-2 team this year.
Winning involves a myriad of dynamics of which we were missing enough to lose. With 6 games left I am among those that can see progress, see us ahead of where most thought we would be and expect a bowl bid. We will miss you if you are jumping ship ( just from your topic line)

Don't forget we recruited Ward hard. Ward was a foot away from doing the same thing to UCF in his first start at QB last week.

Houston is ranked 1-2 in most defensive categories and ahead of us.
We lost our one true RB that is ready for a workload between the tackles.
Our WR have improved but still not fast enough or physical enough.
Our OL is not god enough to win in the trenches. That impacts several aspects of our game.

We have an off week and then another winnable game.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 09:42 AM by Tigerx3.)
10-12-2014 09:40 AM
Cletus Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2014 09:44 PM)Halfcourt Wrote:  Shouldve gone for it instead of kicking that last FG.

I'm not a coach but I did wonder why Jarvis Cooper didn't play at all?

Especially in that series; which the announcers also brought up.

10-12-2014 09:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.