WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gameday Prediction
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
Gameday Prediction
I am hoping this years Broncos team will make me eat crow, but given the track record of the team against the Hokies, even if it was under the direction of Gary Darnell, is abysmal. No points scored while not allowing less than 30 points.

While the offense has achieved a balance between the running and the passing game, this has only been achieved against subpar defenses. When pressured Zach Terrell has thrown two pick sixes. Without Franklin, Braverman and Davis, this offense wouldn't be 1/2 as good as it is. Without a go-to tight end as a safety outlet like Tony Scheffler was or the two guys that came after him the Broncos offense doesn't stand much of a chance against a Hokies defense that is ticked off about losing two straight home ganes against Eastern Carolina and Georgia Tech. I don't see the offense scoring any points today.

The Broncos defense has struggled this season but has shown some signs of life and coming together as a unit. The line is learning to use their speed to overcome their lack of size to get by the offensive linemen. The linebackers are still the weakest part of the defense. The safties and cornerbacks have started to learn to let their actions do their talking for them instead of their mouths. But they are going to face an offense that wants to take out the team's frustration out on them.

A Frank Beamer led team is known for its special teams play and when an opponent makes a mistake on special teams Beamer makes their opponents pay for that mistake.

VT - 55
WMU - 7
09-27-2014 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Gameday Prediction
I'm cautiously optimistic that we're seeing improvement from last season, based on the first 3 games, especially on the 'O' side of the ball. But I'd largely agree that while we've progressed to the point of beating 'who we should beat' (Idaho, Murray State) and putting up strong performances against a B1G team - albeit a bottom feeder - it still remains to be seen if we can run with a solid P5 power in Va Tech. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I don't think we're there yet.

I think the final is a tad narrower than your prediction. I'll peg somewhere in the 40s for VT, and give us a 17-20 range for us (so I think we'll finally score on them).
09-27-2014 09:53 AM
ChuckNorris Offline
1st String

I Root For: Row The Boat
VT 42
WMU 10

Close in first half, worn down in second.
09-27-2014 09:55 AM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
40-0
09-27-2014 10:01 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

This one could get out of hand in a hurry... I just hope we continue to progress and keep the injuries at a minimum. If we can get some points on the board and look a little more stout on defense I will be happy. I don't see this one close at the end, and have a feeling it could get ugly early.

VT-52
WMU - 13
09-27-2014 10:03 AM
Advertisement

Wheres_Waldo? Offline
Special Teams

I think WMU is catching VaTech at the wrong time. VaTech is going to try to send a message. Game is going to get ugly, VT goes for the throat early. 38-0 @ half. Final 58-10.
09-27-2014 10:21 AM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
56-0
09-27-2014 11:16 AM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

VA Tech 45, WMU 20
09-27-2014 11:19 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
I'm sticking to my earlier prediction: 44-17. Franklin allows us to score points, which I believe we'll get most of in 2nd half.

Wyoming just scored a TD against MSU (14-7, assuming xp). I told my friend not to choose MSU in his weekly picks (for or against spread), as MSU was favored by 32.5. I see MSU winning 44-13, which would be a "mere" 31 point win.
09-27-2014 11:34 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Smh. You guys need to Bronco up!
09-27-2014 06:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.