WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bronco Stampede is like a social experiment
wmutkelaw Offline

I Root For: WMU and VALPO
Bronco Stampede is like a social experiment
I just got done reading a thread about why 2 fairly prolific posters were censored (banned?).

Now the thread is "closed" and will not accept any more replies.

This site has turned into a fun mini-government of sorts. Very dysfunctional, but fun to follow.

On one side you got DB and on the other you have everyone else it seems. On one side you got the PJ crowd, the other you have the others (Pro Cubit, anti-slogans, old school) who favor a more traditional approach.

And on top of everything, we are all governed by mysterious entity (unknown moderators) who resort to taking the high road by making statements like this: The reason the person has been censored is of no ones concern but the censored person. Yet it seems that the censored person was trying to reach out to others to obtain clarification regarding the offensive conduct that led to the censorship. Mysterous behind the scenes covery government

Then there are the people who want to censor DB...same people who are censored?

This thing is an amazing social experiment.
09-22-2014 08:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
RE: Bronco Stampede is like a social experiment
Unfortunately, its become rather ridiculous for those of us that actually want to discuss whats going on and give our opinions pro or con on things.

Generally, we get about 3 meaningful posts and another 8 pages of garbage that has nothing to do with anything relevant.
09-22-2014 08:48 AM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Re: RE: Bronco Stampede is like a social experiment
(09-22-2014 08:48 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  Unfortunately, its become rather ridiculous for those of us that actually want to discuss whats going on and give our opinions pro or con on things.

Generally, we get about 3 meaningful posts and another 8 pages of garbage that has nothing to do with anything relevant.
Pretty much the whole reason why I only post in game threads anymore unless I'm actually contributing content. Everything devolves into bickering very quickly
09-22-2014 08:50 AM
WMU83 Offline
Banned

i think the reason was because the posters got caught for multiple id's.
09-22-2014 08:57 AM
thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
This place certainly is entertaining, that's for sure.

If you're banned under one username, you should be banned on all usernames, IMO. So, unfortunately, we should never be hearing from Persky/BannedBronco/HJ again.
09-22-2014 09:02 AM
WMU83 Offline
Banned

(09-22-2014 09:02 AM)thegeneral Wrote:  This place certainly is entertaining, that's for sure.

If you're banned under one username, you should be banned on all usernames, IMO. So, unfortunately, we should never be hearing from Persky/BannedBronco/HJ again.

Lol
09-22-2014 09:16 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Outside of the improvement, no one will notice the difference.
09-22-2014 09:20 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I thought HJ got banned for giving props to something DB said on Dip's NFL thread.
09-22-2014 09:48 AM
Chibronco Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
In all honesty. How in the world has the 124 page name calling, in fighting and rumor mongering "Fire Fleck" thread not been locked and unstuck. There are posts in that thread that are against almost all of the forum rules. I mean you can start a new "Fire Fleck" thread to take its place, but that current one is a dumpster fire that has to go.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 10:10 AM by Chibronco.)
09-22-2014 10:07 AM
BrewtownBronco Offline
2nd String

(09-22-2014 10:07 AM)Chibronco Wrote:  In all honesty. How in the world has the 124 page name calling, in fighting and rumor mongering "Fire Fleck" thread not been locked and unstuck. There are posts in that thread that are against almost all of the forum rules. I mean you can start a new "Fire Fleck" thread to take its place, but that current one is a dumpster fire that has to go.

what he said.
09-22-2014 10:27 AM
JPWMU Offline
1st String

I Root For: \/\/ |\/| |_|
Guys (and gals?), a few well placed posters on ignore really helps. I'm being serious, it cleans things up quite a bit. The key is forcing yourself to not click "show this post", which is easy when 95% of the time it's the same old garbage that you'd expect from that poster.

It makes it easier to catch up on stuff (less posts to sort through) and a lot less frustrating (broken record stuff is eliminated, mostly). Give it a try.
09-22-2014 10:38 AM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

(09-22-2014 08:48 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  Unfortunately, its become rather ridiculous for those of us that actually want to discuss whats going on and give our opinions pro or con on things.

Spot on.
09-22-2014 10:40 AM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan
I feel like I've said all of this before.
09-22-2014 11:08 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:i think the reason was because the posters got caught for multiple id's.

My issue is -- what's the reward in not telling others? Keeping it a secret does not prevent, and almost asks for over time, for the same thing to happen by others.

Can you imagine folks in society being arrested, but not being told what for? "Oh, you know." And to others, keeping it a secret? You'd think the only time that would happen is if it's super-borderline, almost implying that it wasn't a good reason. Or it was a good reason, but if exposed, it would embarrass the whole site itself or something.

IMO, let it be known if/when asked about. It doesn't have to be explained to the nth degree or on-going. But just a clear, concise explanation - that's all. I'm still scratching my head...
09-22-2014 11:18 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

First, not talking about moderation issues is site policy and all mods follow that policy. Obviously there are cons to that policy, but it's GTS's site and his rules and we'll follow them.

Second, Nacho and HJ are NOT banned they just have a warning level high enough to require their posts to be approved. Warning level is determined by what violation of the AUP occurred in a reported post (also if a post isn't reported a mod isn't going to act on it unless simply by chance they happen upon the post). Each AUP violation has a warning level attached to it, there is nothing arbitrary about it.

Third, posters wanting other posters "censored" doesn't cause a mod to do a damn thing. Only a violation of the AUP in a reported post causes a mod to do something.

Fourth, multiple IDs is an issue for someone at the admin level to take up. If you suspect someone of multiple IDs report it to an admin.
09-22-2014 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Thanks for explanation, moe.
09-22-2014 12:40 PM
Advertisement

Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(09-22-2014 12:18 PM)moe24 Wrote:  First, not talking about moderation issues is site policy and all mods follow that policy. Obviously there are cons to that policy, but it's GTS's site and his rules and we'll follow them.

Second, Nacho and HJ are NOT banned they just have a warning level high enough to require their posts to be approved. Warning level is determined by what violation of the AUP occurred in a reported post (also if a post isn't reported a mod isn't going to act on it unless simply by chance they happen upon the post). Each AUP violation has a warning level attached to it, there is nothing arbitrary about it.

Third, posters wanting other posters "censored" doesn't cause a mod to do a damn thing. Only a violation of the AUP in a reported post causes a mod to do something.

Fourth, multiple IDs is an issue for someone at the admin level to take up. If you suspect someone of multiple IDs report it to an admin.

My only issue is these rules seem enforced for some people but not for others. There has been times where people other than ones that have been "moderated" have had multiple ID's. And looking at the rules, they are broken all the time without consequence, and a lot of the time by the same people. It leads people to speculate that some people may have a different set of rules than others.
09-22-2014 01:20 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

If a site can't police itself then its going to suck no matter what the mods do. Mods can't make a place civil. Posters have to place a higher level of importance on civility and try to set an example. Sometimes that means putting chronic trolls like you know who on ignore, or not engaging in one sentence angry exchanges in the middle of an informative thread. We'll get the board that we deserve based on how we conduct ourselves. Just because you are right doesn't mean that others will be less aggressive or substantive.

The problem comes in when some people prefer more organization and more frequent posters have a running, free flowing insider conversation that extends back several years and they don't care the topic or forum. Thats frustrating for people who come here, click a link and expect info and not Dip talking about what a lock the GOP is in the Alaska Senate race or ghost bronco getting harangued by Majorhoople and DB. It would be nice if our more frequent posters were more welcoming to newcomers instead of calling them multi ID trolls too.
09-22-2014 02:14 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
HJ flipped a certain poster the bird on a thread.

That poster pretended to be offended and reported it.

GT put HJ on double secret probation.

Bottom line, the "offended poster" (we all know who this is) played the mod, and the mod bought it because the "perp" who flipped "you know who" off had been warned in the past. He probably looked at the offended party's reputation and compared those stellar numbers to the perps numbers and concluded one is a "beloved" long time member of Broncostampe and the other is a trouble maker. Even murdering bank robber John Dillinger had a loyal following.

Just internet drama courtesy of the internet drama queen.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 02:28 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-22-2014 02:23 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

Don't fight with a pig in the mud because you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it.
09-22-2014 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.