Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greenville this weekend
PirateJeff Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The American!!
Greenville this weekend
If we win just know there will be thousands of people in Greenville who are there for the party. My daughter just called and she is so hyped but she did not understand why so many students from other universities are coming to Greenville for the weekend. She has three friends from NCSU staying with her and her roommate this weekend without tickets and most of her friends have friends staying with them...just say'in there could be some problems reported.
09-17-2014 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: Greenville this weekend
[Image: party-gif.gif]
09-17-2014 08:48 AM
ECBrad Online
1st String

I already warned my work I might not be in on Monday, Greenville is going to be out of control.
09-17-2014 09:00 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I guess I just don't know why we'd go crazy over beating a team we're supposed to beat. Greenville should've gone crazy LAST Saturday when we beat VT.
09-17-2014 09:16 AM
ECBrad Online
1st String

Obviously because it's a home game vs an in state rival.
09-17-2014 09:22 AM
PirateJeff Offline
Special Teams

and people are sensing this "could be" a repeat of 1991 type of year except with a much bigger bowl game to end the season...huge step in that direction this weekend.
09-17-2014 09:27 AM
Advertisement

ECBrad Online
1st String

Whisper Peach Bowl in a Pirate fan's ear and watch their eyes light up.
09-17-2014 09:28 AM
ECU_Pirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
because its the envy we have with UNC and NC State. Simply put I wasn't born and raised in NC so my perspective may not be from a native. I have lived here in North Carolina for 23 years and I cant tell you how many time countless from fellow pirate fans stating this is a big game. Me personally, I am have never viewed any of the NC schools as football schools; so my answer is meh its just another game. So question gets posed by UNC/NCSU/DUKE/WAKE fans.. "...big game for the pirates" I say, no.. big game for both schools; but I expect the pirates to win.

While I will admit it will be a wild scene down in Grenville, I hope and pray things do not get out of control and we celebrate it as a normal game and act like we have been there before, because we have. We have bigger fish to fry this season and UNC is just another "deer in the headlights", ECU is a Humvee and its our job to mow right over them this weekend and begin conference play.

ecu_pirate
09-17-2014 09:32 AM
PirateJeff Offline
Special Teams

(09-17-2014 09:32 AM)ECU_Pirate Wrote:  because its the envy we have with UNC and NC State. Simply put I wasn't born and raised in NC so my perspective may not be from a native. I have lived here in North Carolina for 23 years and I cant tell you how many time countless from fellow pirate fans stating this is a big game. Me personally, I am have never viewed any of the NC schools as football schools; so my answer is meh its just another game. So question gets posed by UNC/NCSU/DUKE/WAKE fans.. "...big game for the pirates" I say, no.. big game for both schools; but I expect the pirates to win.

While I will admit it will be a wild scene down in Grenville, I hope and pray things do not get out of control and we celebrate it as a normal game and act like we have been there before, because we have. We have bigger fish to fry this season and UNC is just another "deer in the headlights", ECU is a Humvee and its our job to mow right over them this weekend and begin conference play.

ecu_pirate

My point was that this is not a "we" weekend. I am expecting to thousands of people in town without tickets for the after game party many are students from other U's in the state. I think every futon in Greenville will have a head in it at some point Sunday morning.
09-17-2014 09:37 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

(09-17-2014 09:37 AM)PirateJeff Wrote:  
(09-17-2014 09:32 AM)ECU_Pirate Wrote:  because its the envy we have with UNC and NC State. Simply put I wasn't born and raised in NC so my perspective may not be from a native. I have lived here in North Carolina for 23 years and I cant tell you how many time countless from fellow pirate fans stating this is a big game. Me personally, I am have never viewed any of the NC schools as football schools; so my answer is meh its just another game. So question gets posed by UNC/NCSU/DUKE/WAKE fans.. "...big game for the pirates" I say, no.. big game for both schools; but I expect the pirates to win.

ecu_pirate

My point was that this is not a "we" weekend. I am expecting to thousands of people in town without tickets for the after game party many are students from other U's in the state. I think every futon in Greenville will have a head in it at some point Sunday morning.

Yeah. I know that many of my ECU alumni friends who are traveling from California, Florida, Denver, etc... they could only choose 1 game to come to, and they chose this one over Homecoming.
09-17-2014 09:39 AM
ECU_Pirate Offline
Special Teams

(09-17-2014 09:39 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

ecu_pirate

Yeah. I know that many of my ECU alumni friends who are traveling from California, Florida, Denver, etc... they could only choose 1 game to come to, and they chose this one over Homecoming.

Don't you think that is a problem?
09-17-2014 09:44 AM
Advertisement

ECU_Pirate Offline
Special Teams

ecu_pirate

No doubt...
09-17-2014 09:46 AM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mp19qplkjt1sxt8lgo1_500.gif]
[Image: party%20zebra%20at%20disco.gif]
[Image: tumblr_m5fvsyAUZN1rpgf8io1_500.gif]
[Image: 37201-Carlton-dancing-gif-I2pZ.gif]
[Image: INCEPTION.gif]
[Image: ewie_dance.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: ecugw.0.gif]
[Image: ZvAhVI.gif]
09-17-2014 09:54 AM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:

ecu_pirate

Exactly, ECU shouldn't be overly celebrating or storming the field over a team they are favored. I actually seeing UCF being the bigger game of the two home games. ECU should beat UNC like a drum and I would say they would be vastly favored over NCSU again this season for another drubbing. I am grateful we don't ever see Cardin again. I know certain people will take this wrong way, but it is time for ECU to start acting like they have been there before. Do the Barry Sanders model when he scored, to him it was just expected. If ECU doesn't get the access bowl bid, I would love to see Duke and ECU play in a bowl, that would be a great game to watch.
09-17-2014 10:29 AM
First Mate Offline
1st String

(09-17-2014 08:47 AM)PirateJeff Wrote:  If we win just know there will be thousands of people in Greenville who are there for the party. My daughter just called and she is so hyped but she did not understand why so many students from other universities are coming to Greenville for the weekend. She has three friends from NCSU staying with her and her roommate this weekend without tickets and most of her friends have friends staying with them...just say'in there could be some problems reported.

This weekend is what college football is all about. Enjoy it and don't worry about bad things that may happen on the fringes of the weekend. You have idiots at every game around the country. The SEC has these types of games every weekend.

We just need to handle our business on the field. Enjoy it Pirate Nation! This is what we want
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 10:32 AM by First Mate.)
09-17-2014 10:31 AM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-17-2014 10:31 AM)First Mate Wrote:  
(09-17-2014 08:47 AM)PirateJeff Wrote:  If we win just know there will be thousands of people in Greenville who are there for the party. My daughter just called and she is so hyped but she did not understand why so many students from other universities are coming to Greenville for the weekend. She has three friends from NCSU staying with her and her roommate this weekend without tickets and most of her friends have friends staying with them...just say'in there could be some problems reported.

This weekend is what college football is all about. Enjoy it and don't worry about bad things that may happen on the fringes of the weekend. You have idiots at every game around the country. The SEC has these types of games every weekend.

We just need to handle our business on the field. Enjoy it Pirate Nation! This is what we want

BTW, you all could be a start of four game losing streak for UNC. I just looked at their schedule. The next games are @Clem, VT, @ND. I don't see them being favored possibly until the Ga Tech game.
09-17-2014 10:41 AM
Advertisement

apex_pirate Offline
All American

(09-17-2014 10:41 AM)msm96wolf Wrote:  
(09-17-2014 10:31 AM)First Mate Wrote:  

BTW, you all could be a start of four game losing streak for UNC. I just looked at their schedule. The next games are @Clem, VT, @ND. I don't see them being favored possibly until the Ga Tech game.

IF...we win Saturday....as much as I dislike UNC, I'm hoping they beat Clemson and ND, then lose in a close game to VT. That will help elevate ECU. After that, I'd prefer to see them play .500 ball as it won't affect ECU much. Surely don't need them to be world beaters as that makes recruiting tougher for us down the road.
09-17-2014 11:12 AM
ECU_Pirate Offline
Special Teams

(09-17-2014 10:29 AM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

ecu_pirate

Exactly, ECU shouldn't be overly celebrating or storming the field over a team they are favored. I actually seeing UCF being the bigger game of the two home games. ECU should beat UNC like a drum and I would say they would be vastly favored over NCSU again this season for another drubbing. I am grateful we don't ever see Cardin again. I know certain people will take this wrong way, but it is time for ECU to start acting like they have been there before. Do the Barry Sanders model when he scored, to him it was just expected. If ECU doesn't get the access bowl bid, I would love to see Duke and ECU play in a bowl, that would be a great game to watch.

If Duke was to get to the championship game, potentially they could get an at-large spot vs hmmm.. 04-rock

back to reality Cincy and UCF will be obstacles for us this year. More so Cincy because we go to Cincy...

seriously thinking about going to that game. love that city...

ecu_pirate
09-17-2014 12:34 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
09-17-2014 12:39 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
November 13th. That is all.
09-17-2014 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.