WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jamie Wilson
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
Jamie Wilson
2 catches for 19 yards this week vs. Grambling.

Why would he transfer to a school that doesn't throw the ball? 17 and 18 attempts in the first two games of the season. We had drives when he was here that we threw the ball that many times. He really must have wanted to be close to his daughter or he has never really recovered from his knee surgery. To bad, he was such a talent here. I wish him all the best. He had no stats in their first game of the season
09-15-2014 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
RE: Jamie Wilson
Who does he play for again?
09-15-2014 10:54 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Bethune Cookman
09-16-2014 06:03 AM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Think if Braverman this year got as many targets as Wilson did 2 years ago.
09-16-2014 07:09 AM
Liam9903 Online
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan
Kids choose colleges for all kinds of personal reasons, so I don't want to be critical of him for making a choice that was for him and his family but I think he did enough here to demonstrate himself to be an FBS level talent. The educational value of some HBCUs like BC are pretty questionable and the level of football there has deteriorated in past several decades as few if any barriers exist for African-American athletes. Its been my experience (which is limited to doing some academic advising for transfers at a southern university) that kids go the HBCU route for social reasons more than for academic or athletic excellence.

So I'm guessing the style of football wasn't a big factor in his decision. More likely he just wanted to be comfortable and close to family. Which is a decision that normal college students make all the time.
09-16-2014 12:25 PM
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

It was 100% because he wanted to be closer to his daughter in Florida. Can't fault him for that.
09-16-2014 01:29 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
I honestly don't think Fleck cared one way or another if he returned. I think they worked him out and felt they could use his scholarship more than they could use him. Maybe he'd lost some of his physical skills from the injury, or maybe he brought too much baggage to the table. Either way, I think both parties were fine with the decision.

Fleck worked harder to keep Clark Mussman than he did Wilson. He needed a TE, but I think he felt he had enough in the tank at WR to let Wilson move on. Same with Bynes, King, and Justin Collins (who was our best receiver by the end of Cubit's last season).

While Cubit has a great eye for QB's I think Fleck's expertise is clearly with WR's. The fact that Ferguson (Flecks pick up) is not a WR tells you he's got an eye for that position.
09-16-2014 01:36 PM
Advertisement

Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

(09-16-2014 01:36 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I honestly don't think Fleck cared one way or another if he returned. I think they worked him out and felt they could use his scholarship more than they could use him. Maybe he'd lost some of his physical skills from the injury, or maybe he brought too much baggage to the table. Either way, I think both parties were fine with the decision.

Fleck worked harder to keep Clark Mussman than he did Wilson. He needed a TE, but I think he felt he had enough in the tank at WR to let Wilson move on. Same with Bynes, King, and Justin Collins (who was our best receiver by the end of Cubit's last season).

While Cubit has a great eye for QB's I think Fleck's expertise is clearly with WR's. The fact that Ferguson (Flecks pick up) is not a WR tells you he's got an eye for that position.

Corey Davis is all the evidence I need to believe that Fleck at least understands talent when he sees it at the WR position. No other real offers but us.

I don't think talent evaluation at any spot is a problem for him or the staff. These guys have been around enough pros to know what it takes. I think it's the ability to communicate their system and get the players to be in the right spot that is in question still. However, I do believe that progress has clearly been made in that department. This is an improved football team, and it improved from week one to week two, albeit marginally.
09-16-2014 02:51 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(09-16-2014 02:51 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  
(09-16-2014 01:36 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I honestly don't think Fleck cared one way or another if he returned. I think they worked him out and felt they could use his scholarship more than they could use him. Maybe he'd lost some of his physical skills from the injury, or maybe he brought too much baggage to the table. Either way, I think both parties were fine with the decision.

Corey Davis is all the evidence I need to believe that Fleck at least understands talent when he sees it at the WR position. No other real offers but us.

I don't think talent evaluation at any spot is a problem for him or the staff. These guys have been around enough pros to know what it takes. I think it's the ability to communicate their system and get the players to be in the right spot that is in question still. However, I do believe that progress has clearly been made in that department. This is an improved football team, and it improved from week one to week two, albeit marginally.

Defensive line improved by leaps and bounds. I think they figured out a good combo of Smith, Ash, Simpkins, and Braster. At LBer Brant showed he belongs in the starting rotation.

I'm more concerned about our DBs right now. They face guard, don't get their heads around, and NEVER break on a ball.
09-16-2014 02:59 PM
HuskieJWN Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Just to give you a heads up, Fleck definitely knows WR talent. Not only was that position his job, he also then coached the position.

I know you guys see Corey Davis. But this dude recruited Martel Moore, Perez Ashford, and most of the WRs that were players from his time in DeKalb. Perez caught everything in sight and the Moore was arguably the best receiver in the conference his senior year. He had like 1,100 yards and 13 TDs in a run based offense.

WMU is in good hands at that position as long as fleck is in town.
09-16-2014 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.