Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Jeff Jagodzinski
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Might be someone for SMU to consider. He's only 50 years old infact.

I was wondering what ever happened to this guy and was kind of shocked at how far he's fallen. Seriously all he was fired for was asking to interview for an NFL head job and being denied and doing it anyway. That got him fired.

Look at his last few jobs..

Green Bay Packers (OC)
Boston College Head coach (20-8 record)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (OC) (fired preseason for not calling plays fast enough)
Omaha Nighthawks Head coach (fired for a 3-5 record)
Ave Maria (WR)
Georgia State (OC)

I've never even heard of Ave Maria, and Georgia State has to be one of the worst jobs in the nation. How does a guy that did a good job as head coach fall that far just for interviewing for NY Jets, NFL job. How can you deny an employee permission to interview when you are trying to better yourself.

He won the ACC Atlantic division both years he was coach and finished top 10 one season and is still young. Kind of amazing how his career turned.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 10:21 AM by StillJonesing.)
09-15-2014 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: OT: Jeff Jagodzinski
That would be a good hire. Tulsa should give him a call too.
09-15-2014 10:18 AM
SteveUCF19 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
This guys has been trending down since he left BC. I'm not sure why anyone thinks he would be a good hire for SMU.
09-15-2014 10:32 AM
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
He has the reputation of being a complete jerk. Not well liked during his time in Green Bay.
09-15-2014 10:33 AM
SteveUCF19 Offline
1st String

(09-15-2014 10:33 AM)MU88 Wrote:  He has the reputation of being a complete jerk. Not well liked during his time in Green Bay.

I also read that he didn't understand blocking schemes when he was the OC at Tampa Bay. That's kind of an important thing to know for an OC.
09-15-2014 10:37 AM
Advertisement

that's great raplh Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
No thanks
09-15-2014 10:41 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-15-2014 10:32 AM)SteveUCF19 Wrote:  This guys has been trending down since he left BC. I'm not sure why anyone thinks he would be a good hire for SMU.

You seriously wouldn't take a look at a 50 year old former NFL OC / ACC head coach that was 20-8 and won ACC divisional titles both years he was there and had a top 10 finish and was being interviewed for an NFL head job?

O'Brien
2005 9-3 #17
2006 9-3 #20 Atlantic Division champs

Jagodzinski
2007 11-3 #10 Atlantic division champs
2008 9-5 Atlantic divisions champs

The guys obviously not a complete disaster, I'm just more amazed how you go from where he was getting interviewed for an NFL job in the biggest market to WR coach at some place called Ava Marie in a matter of a couple years.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 11:57 AM by StillJonesing.)
09-15-2014 11:53 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-15-2014 10:37 AM)SteveUCF19 Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 10:33 AM)MU88 Wrote:  He has the reputation of being a complete jerk. Not well liked during his time in Green Bay.

I also read that he didn't understand blocking schemes when he was the OC at Tampa Bay. That's kind of an important thing to know for an OC.

I find that hard to believe. Probably didn't mesh with the coaching staff or philosophy.

He had been and offensive coordinator already at Boston College and for the Green Bay Packers prior to that as well as OL coach for the Atlanta Falcons and TE's coach for the Packers. He was OL coach at ECU when we were pretty good too. Pretty sure you don't hold those NFL kind of jobs for years and not know blocking schemes or what you are doing.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 11:59 AM by StillJonesing.)
09-15-2014 11:57 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

Jeff Jago has a bad rep. A jerk who who really doesn't understand the x's and o's of the game.
09-15-2014 01:18 PM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-15-2014 11:57 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  

I find that hard to believe. Probably didn't mesh with the coaching staff or philosophy.

He had been and offensive coordinator already at Boston College and for the Green Bay Packers prior to that as well as OL coach for the Atlanta Falcons and TE's coach for the Packers. He was OL coach at ECU when we were pretty good too. Pretty sure you don't hold those NFL kind of jobs for years and not know blocking schemes or what you are doing.

Jonesing. I read the same thing. Tampa Bay fired him or demoted him,, real early in the season because he din't know the basics..
09-15-2014 01:19 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-15-2014 01:19 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 11:57 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  

Jonesing. I read the same thing. Tampa Bay fired him or demoted him,, real early in the season because he din't know the basics..

How do you coach for 20 years in the NFL and college football, be OC at both levels and a head coach and not know the basics? That can't be it. You couldn't fake your way to the levels he did for as long as he did.

" On September 3, 2009, the day before the team's final preseason game, the Buccaneers announced that they had dismissed Jagodzinski from his role and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Greg Olson.[6] The firing came due to concerns about Jagodzinski's ability to communicate plays in a timely manner. Morris offered to let him stay on as quarterbacks coach, but Jagodzinski declined"

All of this seems like there is more to the story. You don't just go from being a successful head coach and NFL coordinator, being interviewed for NFL head coaching jobs to some D3 or whatever position coach he was in a matter of a couple years. I mean gezz is interviewing for a NFL head job when you are denied really that awful of baggage. That BC AD was a complete hard ass.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 02:07 PM by StillJonesing.)
09-15-2014 02:05 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(09-15-2014 10:11 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Might be someone for SMU to consider. He's only 50 years old infact.

I was wondering what ever happened to this guy and was kind of shocked at how far he's fallen. Seriously all he was fired for was asking to interview for an NFL head job and being denied and doing it anyway. That got him fired.

Green Bay Packers (OC)
Ave Maria (WR)
Georgia State (OC)

I've never even heard of Ave Maria, and Georgia State has to be one of the worst jobs in the nation. How does a guy that did a good job as head coach fall that far just for interviewing for NY Jets, NFL job. How can you deny an employee permission to interview when you are trying to better yourself.

He won the ACC Atlantic division both years he was coach and finished top 10 one season and is still young. Kind of amazing how his career turned.
05-mafia03-nutkick
09-15-2014 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

(09-15-2014 01:18 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Jeff Jago has a bad rep. A jerk who who really doesn't understand the x's and o's of the game.

I'll refer you to our offensive and passing numbers...errr...I mean...yes...no idea of x and o's...move along...nothing to see i the Georgia Dome.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 03:07 PM by panama.)
09-15-2014 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
(09-15-2014 10:11 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Might be someone for SMU to consider. He's only 50 years old infact.

Green Bay Packers (OC)
Ave Maria (WR)
Georgia State (OC)

HIS OC STEVE LOGAN won the ACC Atlantic division both years he was coach and finished top 10 one season and is still young. Kind of amazing how his career turned.
Fixed if for you.
09-15-2014 03:18 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-15-2014 03:18 PM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  

Green Bay Packers (OC)
Ave Maria (WR)
Georgia State (OC)

HIS OC STEVE LOGAN won the ACC Atlantic division both years he was coach and finished top 10 one season and is still young. Kind of amazing how his career turned.
Fixed if for you.

Please. Hate to burst your bubble but people act like Logan was the god of offense for averaging around 28ppg most years here.

His offenses at BC were pedestrian as they were many years here.

28ppg (56th nationally) and 24ppg (66th nationally)

The defense carried that program and was 20th and 17th ranked nationally in points allowed. Jags is clearly good enough to not screw things up though. Probably a better head coach than OC.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 03:35 PM by StillJonesing.)
09-15-2014 03:32 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-15-2014 03:07 PM)panama Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 01:18 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Jeff Jago has a bad rep. A jerk who who really doesn't understand the x's and o's of the game.

I'll refer you to our offensive and passing numbers...errr...I mean...yes...no idea of x and o's...move along...nothing to see i the Georgia Dome.

Even a blind hog will occasionally find an acorn.
09-15-2014 03:38 PM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

This thread is a smokescreen so that nobody plants the idea of offering Lincoln Riley 2m and a Texas HC gig into anybody's head.
09-15-2014 03:49 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(09-15-2014 03:38 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 03:07 PM)panama Wrote:  

Even a blind hog will occasionally find an acorn.

Exactly, please close thread :D
09-15-2014 04:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.