WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mack's 5 Keys to Victory
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Mack's 5 Keys to Victory
First let me say, that victory in this reporters mind can be defined in several ways. Last night for example the Baltimore Ravens won, but they lost in the eyes of the public who deplored their hiring of a male spousal abuser. That said, here is my take on Saturdays game. Having not written a keys to victory column before I asked for some assistance from a colleague. His advice, focus on turnovers, time of possession, penalties, offensive play, and weather conditions.

Turnovers- Admittedly I am not a student of the game. But I'm assuming that this is referring to the team breakfast on game day. I for one think turnovers are not the best meal to feed a football team. Turnovers are both high in sugar and carbohydrates. If they're going to serve high carb foods and sugar for breakfast a gluten free scone accompanied by some fresh fruit, and Pomegranate juice would be more healthy and the team would surely appreciate it more.

Time of possession- Possession of what? Frankly, in this consumer driven society possessions often create class envy. It would be best if both teams share their possessions equally. Period!

Penalties- As we have seen with the Ray Rice situation, there are penalties for bad behavior. In Rice's case the original penalty handed out by the NFL commissioner was insufficient. If any of the Vandals or Broncos have abused a female they need to be punished to the fullest extent by the penalty person, also known as the "game official." One of my problems with these "officials" is that they tend to be male. One has to wonder if they would see the game the same way a female official would view it. Hence, a video of all penalties should be reviewed by a female penalty person watching a replay. Mlive will be speaking with the NCAA this week on the idea of reviewing replays of penalties.

Offensive play- Clearly, any kind of offensive play should be discouraged or penalized. I have seen players grab their groin, flex their muscles, spit, and blow snot (mucus) out of their nostrils. Things of this nature are highly offensive.

Weather- The weather in Idaho is dreadful. I for one am glad that I will not be traveling there. It was recently brought to my attention that this game is being played indoors. None the less, the WMU players need to bring coats, boots, and mittens. It actually snowed in South Dakota last night (a clear sign of deadly climate change), so the players need to be prepared for a chilly walk from the bus to the football match field.

Prediction- WMU 4 Idaho 4
Each team scores four times, and everyone's self esteem is left intact.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 03:10 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-12-2014 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VandalPride97 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Idaho
RE: Mack's 5 Keys to Victory
(09-12-2014 01:11 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  First let me say, that victory in this reporters mind can be defined in several ways. Last night for example the Baltimore Ravens won, but they lost in the eyes of the public who deplored their hiring of a male spousal abuser. That said, here is my take on Saturdays game. Having not written a keys to victory column before I asked for some assistance from a colleague. His advice, focus on turnovers, time of possession, penalties, offensive play, and weather conditions.

Turnovers- Admittedly I am not a student of the game. But I'm assuming that this is referring to the team breakfast on game day. I for one think turnovers are not the best meal to feed a football team. Turnovers are both high in sugar and carbohydrates. If they're going to serve high carb foods and sugar for breakfast a gluten free scone accompanied by some fresh fruit, and Pomegranate juice would be more healthy and the team would surely appreciate it more.

Time of possession- Possession of what? Frankly, in this consumer driven society possessions often create class envy. It would be best if both teams share their possessions equally. Period!

Penalties- As we have seen with the Ray Rice situation, there are penalties for bad behavior. In Rice's case the original penalty handed out by the NFL commissioner was insufficient. If any of the Vandals or Broncos have abused a female they need to be punished to the fullest extent by the penalty person, also known as the "game official." One of my problems with these "officials" is that they tend to be male. One has to wonder if they would see the game the same way a female official would view it. Hence, a video of all penalties should be reviewed by a female penalty person watching a replay. Mlive will be speaking with the NCAA this week on the idea of reviewing replays of penalties.

Offensive play- Clearly, any kind of offensive play should be discouraged or penalized. I have seen players grab their groin, flex their muscles, spit, and blow snot (mucus) out of their nostrils. Things of this nature are highly offensive.

Weather- The weather in Idaho is dreadful. I for one am glad that I will not be traveling there. It was recently brought to my attention that this game is being played indoors. None the less, the WMU players need to bring coats, boots, and mittens. It actually snowed in South Dakota last night (a clear sign of deadly climate change), so the players need to be prepared for a chilly walk from the bus to the football match field.

Prediction- WMU 4 Idaho 4
Each team scores four times, and everyone's self esteem is left intact.

That seems like a pretty good list of keys. Don't worry about the dome, it's a solid 72 year round. Good luck guys, I think it's a good match and could be a damn good game! Cheers!
09-12-2014 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.