WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MACk talks MAC sports- With WMU athletics beatwriter
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
MACk talks MAC sports- With WMU athletics beatwriter
This week in Bronco Football WMU beatwriter Julie Mack talks with the MAC commissioner John Steibrecher. Here's a teaser of what you'll find. Julie Mack asks the hard hitting questions that people want to know about.

Mack- Commissioner, don't you think it would be better if all MAC games ended in a tie, and the players all got little trophies and ribbons?
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 01:23 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

RE: MACk talks MAC sports- With WMU athletics beatwriter
This week in Bronco Football WMU beatwriter Julie Mack talks more Bronco football. Here's a teaser of what you'll find.

Former Bronco athlete caught smoking in a WMU No Tobacco Zone

After petitioning for a Freedom of Information act warrant, I was able to find out that former WMU Bronco, 71 year old Johnny "Crazy Legs" Mulligan, a member of the 1965 Bronco Football program was caught smoking a Camel in Lot 88 while tailgating. Mulligan was ticketed, and no arrests were made. We tried to contact's Mulligans former coach for a comment, but found out he was dead. We'll have several updates on this story as we find out more.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 04:43 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 11:44 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

This week in Bronco Football WMU beatwriter Julie Mack talks more Bronco football. Here's a teaser of what you'll find.

Buster Bronco dangerous to children

The Mlive staff took a photographer to Waldo Stadium this week to observe the reactions of children when meeting Buster Bronco. We spoke with parent Ovra Pertektiv. Pertektiv had taken her two year old daughter Pansy to get a picture with Buster. When the beastly horse high fived the toddler, her daughter pulled back and began to cry. Said Pertektiv, she was very scared and I don't know why. SHe loves the horsey ride at Meijers, but Buster was just too big I guess.

In a recent Mlive poll 3 people told us that yes, Buster was a menacing presence, while several just rolled their eyes when asked the question. We took that as meaning highly frightened. We'll have several follow up stories on this in the coming days, stay tuned to Mlive sports.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 04:42 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 11:52 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Dilly Bars contribute to team obesity

This week we spoke with WMU Athletic Director Kathy Bauregard, and asked this question. With obesity being so high in the United States, was it wise to build a football Stadium across from a Dairy Queen?

Linda Mah and I went undercover at the West Michigan Ave. Dairy Queen directly across from Waldo Stadium. This was conducted right after a WMU football practice. We found that several large young men from the WMU football team had walked over to the DQ and purchased several Dilly Bars and Blizzards. Many weighed well over 300 pounds and would be considered obese by the US Center for Disease Control.

When confronted on this epidemic of obesity Bauregard stated, "As far as I know Waldo was here before the Dairy Queen, and those Dilly Bars are damn good." Mlive could not confirm when the Dairy Queen was built, but will continue investigating.

We'll have further updates on this breaking story as news trickles in.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 01:32 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 12:02 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Equality for the Band

This week I watched as the WMU Band took the field. I found it odd that the band had to sit through two quarters of WMU football violence, while the football team immediately left the field and did not have to watch the band. I confronted head coach PJ Fleck.

It appears to this reporter that the football team is avoiding watching the band, and are in some respects behaving in a sexist manner, as many band members are female. I asked Fleck the following.

Coach Fleck, couldn't the players just stay on the bench at half time, eat some orange slices provided by the team mom, and support the band?

Said Fleck, Ms. Mack, we have an elite band, and we hear them practice every day. Some of our players are intimate with some of the band members, it's not like we don't appreciate them. So far, we don't have a team mom. I've got to go. Row the Boat!.

I followed Fleck for more answers, and while he said he was going to row a boat, this reporter never witnessed it. It is this reporters belief that he never rowed a boat and that he may have been hiding something. We'll have more on this in upcoming articles.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 12:53 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 12:10 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
I'm sensing a personal issue between you and her.
09-09-2014 12:18 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

WMU Tennis admits to gun useage

In a shocking development, this reporter found out that a small cannon shooting tennis balls was regularly used at WMU Tennis practice. Players often referred to this as "the gun." We observed the gun in use and spoke to the WMU head tennis coach at the West Hills practice facility.

While watching the players try to fend off balls shot from the gun (using only tennis rackets as a shield), several of the players laughed as the dodged errant shots. But we wondered, was that laugh a cry for help? These guns shoot balls at over 80 mph. We spoke with the WMU head coach.

In light of the recent epidemic of sports concussions, are you concerned that one of these balls could hit a player in the head and cause brain damage? And also, isn't WMU a Gun Free Zone?

Coach Gloria Snitzel seemed to dodge the question by saying, it's a tennis ball you idiot, not a bullet, what kind of a pu$$y are you?

We'll have additional follow ups on this story as things develop.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 04:47 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 12:20 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
I like the subtlety of her writing. She seems like a real go-getter.

[Image: big-boi-george-clinton-o.gif]
09-09-2014 12:22 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Well, if you two didn't butt into Dip's own personal thread, he might have set a record for posts on a thread by one person without a response.

Unfortunately I think that chip poster enema likely holds that record.
09-09-2014 12:27 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

She's chasing the dream of not having to share a cubicle at the Mlive retail store front head quarters.
09-09-2014 12:28 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(09-09-2014 12:27 PM)EA3 Wrote:  Well, if you two didn't butt into Dip's own personal thread, he might have set a record for posts on a thread by one person without a response.

That guys good.
09-09-2014 12:29 PM
Advertisement

EA3 Offline
Heisman

(09-09-2014 12:29 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 12:27 PM)EA3 Wrote:  Well, if you two didn't butt into Dip's own personal thread, he might have set a record for posts on a thread by one person without a response.

That guys good.

With recent thread titles such as...

PENN-A-TRATION STATE

HOKE(Y) POKE AND LOU DOLTZ

CHImPS AND BLAZING SADDLES

I mean...you have to be good
09-09-2014 12:36 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Is the Carny food wagon killing people
While attending a recent WMU football match I witnessed several hundred people purchasing elephant ears and greasy corn dogs at a carny wagon located in the West endzone. We confronted president John Dunn on this.

We asked Dunn about possible options such as Tofu sliders, gluten free cupcakes, and pine nuts. Dunn, had no comment as he raced away with a stack of grease laden onion rings. We'll have further updates on this as we gather more information.
09-09-2014 12:36 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Inequality of seating takes front and center at WMU football games
While attending this weeks football match at Waldo Stadium it was clearly apparent that discrimination in seating is being practiced at Waldo Stadium.

We learned that people setting behind the goalie posts sat on cold hard steel seats and were often far from the action, and at times obstructed by an All State Insurance sign hoisted between the goalie posts. In addition, we found that some people had cushy chair back seats and even others had the luxury of a heated suite or a press box with chair side services.

It was later found that these luxury amenities are not usually available to people in poverty do to their exorbitant cost, and that most were held by the rich. We tried to speak with Dave Corstange on this, but he said he was headed to the pi$$er.

We'll have more on this disparity in seat distribution as the facts trickle in.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 12:48 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 12:45 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Racism at Lawson Arena
This week the crack Mlive sports staff headed over to Lawson Ice Arena to confront Andy Murray on the the lack of African American players on his team.

When confronted on the topic Murray tried to weasel out of the question, stating that there just aren't many African American kids playing hockey these days. After a thorough Nexus search this reporter found two 12 year old African American's playing hockey in Bemije, Minnesota. When confronted with this evidence, Murray stated that he can't offer 12 year olds.

Mlive is investigating this dubious claim and will report back in the following days.
09-09-2014 01:41 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Is a tire fire eminent at Waldo Stadium
In a recent conversation with former Mlive sports writer Dave Drew, it was revealed that thousands of pounds of ground up tires have been spread over the artificial turf at Waldo Stadium in order to cushion the falls. In light of the 3 year old Wayland tire fire, we wondered about the dangers.

I tried to contact head coach PJ Fleck on this but he did not return my call, so instead we spoke with the manager of Discount Tire. When asked if a lightening strike at Waldo stadium could set off a tire fire. The Discount manager claimed he didn't have a clue if it would. Smelling a cover up we asked Gazette business reporter Al Jones to investigate these possibilities. However, Jones had clean up duty this week at the Mlive headquarters and couldn't do the follow up.

I'll be off next week as I've been assigned to stuffing Gazette discount fliers in peoples windshields. We'll be back in two weeks with more Bronco sports.
09-09-2014 01:55 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
This is good. Keep it going.
09-09-2014 02:00 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

Hawkins pleads guilty
While investigating a recent outbreak of parking violations at WMU, we witnessed WMU head basketball coach Steve Hawkins paying a $15 fine. When confronted Hawkins had this to say.

"The lot at Jimmy John's was full so I parked across the street in student parking. My parking pass is only good for staff parking, and I received a ticket."

Hawkins apparently threw himself on the mercy of the parking court and pleaded guilty. Said Hawkins, "It's one of those things where you hope you don't get caught, but in this case I did." Hawkins seemed to show little remorse, and as I chased him out the door with follow up questions he proceeded to ignore me.

Clearly Mr. Hawkins has an issue with female reporters, or people with ginger hair. When I confronted him on this he had no answer. We'll have more on this story in upcoming Mlive editions.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 04:55 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-09-2014 02:11 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

WMU vendor refuses to take EBT card
In a shocking story of poverty discrimination, Mlive has uncovered a concerning trend at WMU sporting events.

This reporter witnessed a popcorn vendor in the stands refuse an EBT card. We spoke with Don Beyer on this.

Said Beyer, "I haven't a clue, I sell tickets, not popcorn. But I'm guessing they're just, like 14 year old kids selling popcorn in the stands, and all they can take is cash."

We contacted Kathy Beuregard to speak to her about Beyer's dubious claim but she didn't return our phone call.

We'll have additional stories on this in the upcoming days.
09-09-2014 02:35 PM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

We cant get enough.....hey juulie.....juulie Julie Mack when are ya comin back!!!
09-09-2014 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.