Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why Coach Hud is a class act.
Bookmark and Share
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
Quote:Hudspeth went to the Jaguars locker room after the game to congratulate the team on the way it competed under adverse conditions.

Southern was nearly two hours late leaving campus and didn’t arrive at Cajun Field until 45 minutes before kickoff. The delay happened because university officials were trying to certify that several players were academically eligible. Eventually time ran out and five Jaguars who would have started had to be left behind.

Odums said on the Southwestern Athletic Conference coaches conference call Monday morning that he learned of Hudspeth’s visit when he returned to the locker room after doing his post-game interviews.

“The players and assistant coaches said he came in and really encouraged them,” Odums said. “If you know coach Hudspeth, you know he’s a great guy and his heart is always in the right place.

“He told them they have a chance to be a really good team. He said, “from watching interviews I know (Odums) talks about a process and a mindset and you displayed that with the show that you put on. You competed and you didn’t fold your tent in the face of adversity. You gained the respect of a lot of people around here with the way you handled yourselves.””

Odums said he was “really appreciative” for what Hudspeth said about his players.

http://blogs.theadvocate.com/jaguarnatio...uns-coach/
09-01-2014 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Why Coach Hud is a class act.
You guys have a very good coach, hopefully he stays, however I think this could be his last year at ULL. Enjoy him while you have him.

So if anyone is keeping count, we already have two coach openings at the end of the season. Who gets hired at Troy and ULL and what other jobs come open?
09-01-2014 07:19 PM
GreenHornet33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Jackson State Tigers
I've been a fan of Coach Hudson since his days at North Alabama. Just a classy guy all the way around.
09-01-2014 08:49 PM
McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St
(09-01-2014 06:54 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
Quote:Hudspeth went to the Jaguars locker room after the game to congratulate the team on the way it competed under adverse conditions.

Southern was nearly two hours late leaving campus and didn’t arrive at Cajun Field until 45 minutes before kickoff. The delay happened because university officials were trying to certify that several players were academically eligible. Eventually time ran out and five Jaguars who would have started had to be left behind.

Odums said on the Southwestern Athletic Conference coaches conference call Monday morning that he learned of Hudspeth’s visit when he returned to the locker room after doing his post-game interviews.

“The players and assistant coaches said he came in and really encouraged them,” Odums said. “If you know coach Hudspeth, you know he’s a great guy and his heart is always in the right place.

“He told them they have a chance to be a really good team. He said, “from watching interviews I know (Odums) talks about a process and a mindset and you displayed that with the show that you put on. You competed and you didn’t fold your tent in the face of adversity. You gained the respect of a lot of people around here with the way you handled yourselves.””

Odums said he was “really appreciative” for what Hudspeth said about his players.

Why would they not know of academic eligibility until the morning of the game? Summer school is over so grades are known. Fall semester is so new what could have happened in a few days?
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 08:51 PM by McLeansvilleAppFan.)
09-01-2014 08:51 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(09-01-2014 07:19 PM)Usajags Wrote:  You guys have a very good coach, hopefully he stays, however I think this could be his last year at ULL. Enjoy him while you have him.

So if anyone is keeping count, we already have two coach openings at the end of the season. Who gets hired at Troy and ULL and what other jobs come open?

No...its time for him to go to the SEC. Some other SBC school needs to hire a new head coach now.
09-01-2014 08:54 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-01-2014 08:54 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 07:19 PM)Usajags Wrote:  You guys have a very good coach, hopefully he stays, however I think this could be his last year at ULL. Enjoy him while you have him.

No...its time for him to go to the SEC. Some other SBC school needs to hire a new head coach now.

07-coffee3
09-01-2014 08:58 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(09-01-2014 08:58 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

07-coffee3

Don't you think he would look great in Gator Blue and Orange Zee?
09-01-2014 09:03 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(09-01-2014 08:51 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  

Why would they not know of academic eligibility until the morning of the game? Summer school is over so grades are known. Fall semester is so new what could have happened in a few days?

SWAC
09-01-2014 09:20 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

Been hearing that every year. I guess someone will eventually be right and get to brag about it.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-01-2014 09:29 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte
(09-01-2014 09:20 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 08:51 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  

SWAC

Yes, last year when we opened with UAPB, they found out the day before the game that something like 13 starters were ineligible.
09-01-2014 09:39 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
(09-01-2014 09:03 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

07-coffee3

I'm thinking LSU purple and gold would be the best.
09-01-2014 10:00 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

He has had a lot of success the last 3 years and is still there. Unlike our coaches there is something lacking or someone desperate for wins would have hired him. Of course whatever it is is good for Louisiana he has done a great job for them.
09-01-2014 10:28 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(09-01-2014 10:28 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  He has had a lot of success the last 3 years and is still there. Unlike our coaches there is something lacking or someone desperate for wins would have hired him. Of course whatever it is is good for Louisiana he has done a great job for them.

He is lacking a regular season signature win! He has solid wins against San Diego State and East Carolina, but no major wins during the regular season. He was contacted to interview for the Kentucky job and Tulane. He actually accepted the Tulane job before turning it down. He turned down the opportunity to interview with Kentucky, smart move on both occasions.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 11:07 PM by CrazyCajun.)
09-01-2014 11:06 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I don't think any of our last three guys had a signature win. Harsin even shared the conf. title.
09-02-2014 04:38 AM
swampbear Offline
1st String

07-coffee3

I can understand your perspective on this....
09-02-2014 07:18 AM
swampbear Offline
1st String

(09-01-2014 10:00 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  

07-coffee3

I'm thinking LSU purple and gold would be the best.

03-lmfao LSU fans would burn their University down before hiring a Football Coach from UL.....
09-02-2014 07:26 AM
Advertisement

MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: .
Your coach shouldn't be condoning this type of behavior. He should have kicked open the locker room door and berated the university officials for showing up late.

All joking aside your coach sounds like a nice guy
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 09:34 AM by MobileBama.)
09-02-2014 09:34 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
He is a great guy when it comes to football and competing but most people who know him would say he is a bit intense and can be overbearing.

BTW, when he leaves my money is on Miss. State.
09-02-2014 09:51 AM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

(09-02-2014 09:51 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  He is a great guy when it comes to football and competing but most people who know him would say he is a bit intense and can be overbearing.

BTW, when he leaves my money is on Miss. State.

And that's why Cajun fans root for State. 04-cheers
09-02-2014 10:10 AM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(09-02-2014 04:38 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  I don't think any of our last three guys had a signature win. Harsin even shared the conf. title.

Harsin was hired by a program that he played for and coached. A very similar hire as Texas Tech with Kliff Kingsbury, all about relationships. Hudspeth has one concern, signature wins period. Once he overcomes that question and wins a SBC championship, he name will come up again. And, as I said Hudspeth had two opportunities to leave and he hasn't, so your question isn't exactly based upon the interest in him. Kentucky is still an SEC program. Boise State is still a G5 program.
09-02-2014 10:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.