Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marlon Mack AAC rushing game record
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Marlon Mack AAC rushing game record
Only the start of the second year but great start by our freshman running back in his first college game to establish the AAC record rushing for one game.
04-cheers
08-30-2014 11:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
RE: Marlon Mack AAC rushing game record
Not to rain on his parade but Western Carolina had the 121st-ranked rushing defense last year out of 122 teams... in the FCS.

Last year, Auburn rushed for 511 yards against them and scored 5 rushing touchdowns. Appalachian State RB Marcus Cox also set a freshman rushing record with 215 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns against Western Carolina. They are literally among the worst rushing defenses in all of college football.

However, that's what these games are for, to build confidence.
08-30-2014 11:33 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Congrats bulls
08-30-2014 11:34 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-30-2014 11:33 PM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  Not to rain on his parade but Western Carolina had the 121st-ranked rushing defense last year out of 122 teams... in the FCS.

Last year, Auburn rushed for 511 yards against them and scored 5 rushing touchdowns. Appalachian State RB Marcus Cox also set a freshman rushing record with 215 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns against Western Carolina. They are literally among the worst rushing defenses in all of college football.

You cant judge this years teams by last years results. Still 275 yds and 4 TDs against anyone in your first college games it's a great accomplishment
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 11:40 PM by Cubanbull.)
08-30-2014 11:40 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(08-30-2014 11:33 PM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  Not to rain on his parade but Western Carolina had the 121st-ranked rushing defense last year out of 122 teams... in the FCS.

Really? Why am I not surprise?

...because if a UCF player did this we would have 8 different threads about the same thing. Mack turned down UL, UMich and UCLA to play running back for willie Taggart. The kid is a talent that is just going to get better as he gains more experience and the offense starts to gel.
08-31-2014 12:06 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
He has a ways to go to catch Montel Harris' Big East record :) http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=323220349
08-31-2014 12:36 AM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(08-31-2014 12:06 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  

...because if a UCF player did this we would have 8 different threads about the same thing. Mack turned down UL, UMich and UCLA to play running back for willie Taggart. The kid is a talent that is just going to get better as he gains more experience and the offense starts to gel.

I'll rephrase the first sentence...... :)

"Not to rain on his parade" but I'll go ahead and do it anyway.
08-31-2014 12:43 AM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
There were a few positive nuggets from this game however, it was painful to watch most of the way. My entire group was on the edge of our seats preying for the win while expecting the loss from years past. 03-banghead

Neither line looked good for most of the game and this was the area of most improvement, Taggart said. That gentlemen scares the hell out of me.

I'm optimistic that the team can build off of this but, by no means will I hold a rah, rah, session. 07-coffee3

"GO BULLS!!!!", may the past remain in the past and let this be our coming out party. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 04:43 AM by USFRamenu.)
08-31-2014 04:42 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(08-30-2014 11:10 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  Only the start of the second year but great start by our freshman running back in his first college game to establish the AAC record rushing for one game.
04-cheers

Memphis also had a freshman running back debut last night (Jarvis Cooper from West Memphis, AR, across the river) who I think will be a great one for us before he is through. He didn't get into the game until the 4th quarter when Fuente was trying to let off the gas. Showed a lot of power, adequate speed and fierce determination. I predict that as the season progresses, some of you will see what I mean.

Our offense had far too many fumbles last night, but fortunately recovered all but one. That, of course, had better be corrected fast.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 11:32 AM by Gray Avenger.)
08-31-2014 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(08-31-2014 12:43 AM)oldtiger Wrote:  

Your prerogative...but only time will tell, but some of those runs last night were special and had nothing to do with the level of competition. The scary part of his game is that he is supposed to be a good threat catching the ball from the backfield.
08-31-2014 11:39 AM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
(08-31-2014 11:39 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  

Your prerogative...but only time will tell, but some of those runs last night were special and had nothing to do with the level of competition. The scary part of his game is that he is supposed to be a good threat catching the ball from the backfield.

CB, oldtiger was just stating what 'St. H. Gink' meant by his first line and nothing more. 'St. H. Gink' was being called out for being contrary. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 11:46 AM by USFRamenu.)
08-31-2014 11:46 AM
Advertisement

NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
I hope he can produce similar results when Maryland and NC St come to Tampa the next two weeks. Two really good chances for USF to get a P5 win for the conference.
08-31-2014 12:16 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(08-31-2014 11:46 AM)USFRamenu Wrote:  
(08-31-2014 11:39 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  

CB, oldtiger was just stating what 'St. H. Gink' meant by his first line and nothing more. 'St. H. Gink' was being called out for being contrary. 07-coffee3

My bad....obviously not enough coffee.
08-31-2014 01:05 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-31-2014 12:16 PM)NothingButKnight Wrote:  I hope he can produce similar results when Maryland and NC St come to Tampa the next two weeks. Two really good chances for USF to get a P5 win for the conference.

Better chance vs NCST in two weeks than next week vs Maryland
08-31-2014 01:08 PM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
(08-31-2014 12:16 PM)NothingButKnight Wrote:  I hope he can produce similar results when Maryland and NC St come to Tampa the next two weeks. Two really good chances for USF to get a P5 win for the conference.

Yep. Maryland is below average and NC State needed a miracle to squeak by Georgia Southern, who just moved up to the Sun Belt from the FCS, if you even consider that moving up.

The Bulls will win both games.
08-31-2014 02:38 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Didn't all the Big East football records move over to the AAC?
08-31-2014 02:39 PM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-31-2014 02:38 PM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  

Yep. Maryland is below average and NC State needed a miracle to squeak by Georgia Southern, who just moved up to the Sun Belt from the FCS, if you even consider that moving up.

LOL. Sandbagging I see. So you rank on USF for barely beating a 1AA team and then pick us yo beat Maryland and NCST 03-lmfao

We know your game buddy. Pick USF to win so that you can come in and bash us if we lose
08-31-2014 02:41 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(08-31-2014 02:41 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

LOL. Sandbagging I see. So you rank on USF for barely beating a 1AA team and then pick us yo beat Maryland and NCST 03-lmfao

We know your game buddy. Pick USF to win so that you can come in and bash us if we lose

Coming off as being just a little paranoid. It's fair to comment on Western Carolina's horrible defense and how it lends itself to huge rushing yards to talented running backs. I think your young RB is a good one, but he needs a more equitable challenge to be seriously considered by the rest of us. Like Gink, I think USF can beat both Maryland and NC State.

Personally I think USF looked much better last night, than last year. Let's see if you guys have consistency. Good luck and looking forward
to stomping a mud hole in your asses in November.

04-cheers
08-31-2014 04:07 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-31-2014 04:07 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  

Coming off as being just a little paranoid. It's fair to comment on Western Carolina's horrible defense and how it lends itself to huge rushing yards to talented running backs. I think your young RB is a good one, but he needs a more equitable challenge to be seriously considered by the rest of us. Like Gink, I think USF can beat both Maryland and NC State.

Personally I think USF looked much better last night, than last year. Let's see if you guys have consistency. Good luck and looking forward

04-cheers

Not paranoid my friend just know full well how that particular poster operates.

We have a ways to go and I still think we are a 6-6 team at best this year which would be a huge improvement.

Best thing I liked about last night other than Mack's running was that the team refused to hive in when things weren't going well and came back to win. Hadn't seen that in past three years

Next week Maryland will be a favorite and it would be an upset if USF wins.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 04:20 PM by Cubanbull.)
08-31-2014 04:16 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(08-31-2014 04:16 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(08-31-2014 04:07 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  

04-cheers

Not paranoid my friend just know full well how that particular poster operates.

We have a ways to go and I still think we are a 6-6 team at best this year which would be a huge improvement.

Best thing I liked about last night other than Mack's running was that the team refused to hive in when things weren't going well and came back to win. Hadn't seen that in past three years

Next week Maryland will be a favorite and it would be an upset if USF wins.

Win it. Screw favorites. Get your name out there by punching that B1G wannabe in the mouth.
08-31-2014 04:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.