Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American?
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Football program seems solid, & would be great for basketball. I'd love for the American to add Nova & UMASS. But would nova ever accept?
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 07:36 AM by BIGDTiger.)
08-30-2014 07:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American?
We have too many teams already
08-30-2014 07:38 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(08-30-2014 07:38 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  We have too many teams already

Kick out Houston and get Nova. j/k
08-30-2014 07:47 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 07:49 AM by BIGDTiger.)
08-30-2014 07:48 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

10 should be the max number in a conference IMO but I realize money talks. It was so awesome last year in hoops having a home and home with everyone.
08-30-2014 08:22 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
ECU is a great addition.
08-30-2014 08:57 AM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
(08-30-2014 07:48 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs the Big 12 to take a couple of teams from the AAC. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.

FIFY
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 09:02 AM by mairving.)
08-30-2014 09:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
There is no point whatsoever to bring in Nova. They are in a lower division, and Temple would never allow it.
08-30-2014 09:42 AM
EvilLore Offline
Caligula of the Toy Department

I Root For: Tiger blood

I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.

ECU football is probably the strongest brand we have, along with Cincinnati and UCF.

With their stadium expansion, they'll be averaging close to 50k every home game.

Tulsa and Tulane were the head-scratchers in expansion. New Orleans is a great destination but they bring absolutely nothing to the table athletically. Tulsa is the dying brand. They should have stayed in C-USA while we extended an all-sport invite to Villanova or an MWC school.
08-30-2014 09:44 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

(08-30-2014 09:44 AM)EvilLore Wrote:  

ECU football is probably the strongest brand we have, along with Cincinnati and UCF.

With their stadium expansion, they'll be averaging close to 50k every home game.

Tulsa and Tulane were the head-scratchers in expansion. New Orleans is a great destination but they bring absolutely nothing to the table athletically. Tulsa is the dying brand. They should have stayed in C-USA while we extended an all-sport invite to Villanova or an MWC school.

Hope you are right about ecu. They really haven't made much noise lately. I agree about Tulsa & Nova. Tulsa brings nothing. Nova brings their basketball brand & the rest of the Philly audience.
08-30-2014 02:45 PM
TigerTimmy Offline
Outsider

I Root For: Tigers & Titans
ECU was a good addition for football.
08-30-2014 02:54 PM
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-30-2014 02:45 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

Hope you are right about ecu. They really haven't made much noise lately. I agree about Tulsa & Nova. Tulsa brings nothing. Nova brings their basketball brand & the rest of the Philly audience.

Nova is D2 and wouldn't be competitive. Not to mention, Temple would NEVER allow this.

Tulsa brings a lot more to the table since everything is about football.
08-30-2014 02:56 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

(08-30-2014 02:56 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  

Nova is D2 and wouldn't be competitive. Not to mention, Temple would NEVER allow this.

You didn't notice they pushed Syracuse to double ot last night? Really shoulda won. They are ready for the jump.
08-30-2014 02:58 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-30-2014 02:58 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  
(08-30-2014 02:56 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  
(08-30-2014 07:48 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.

You didn't notice they pushed Syracuse to double ot last night? Really shoulda won. They are ready for the jump.

Nope. Cuse is horrible.
08-30-2014 03:23 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Dont worry about E.C.U. they will be in the ACC soon enough. I like the idea of nova and u mass
08-30-2014 04:23 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

If Tulsa, Tulane & ECU are so awesome, why didn't they ever make cusa awesome? Fact is, we've reassembled cusa+uconn.
08-30-2014 11:37 PM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(08-30-2014 11:37 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  If Tulsa, Tulane & ECU are so awesome, why didn't they ever make cusa awesome? Fact is, we've reassembled cusa+uconn.

Like Tulane because of location. The other two not so much.
08-31-2014 07:45 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

So why don't you cry about it, damn...I'm proud to add teams like ECU and Navy.
08-31-2014 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(08-30-2014 11:37 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  If Tulsa, Tulane & ECU are so awesome, why didn't they ever make cusa awesome? Fact is, we've reassembled cusa+uconn.

ECU and Tulsa did add quite a bit to CUSA.
08-31-2014 11:01 AM
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
NO NO NO NO NO ........NO !
08-31-2014 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.