Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So, is La Tech vs. #4 Oklahoma NOT on any TV???
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
So, is La Tech vs. #4 Oklahoma NOT on any TV???
That was a game I was wanting to catch a little bit of but it's showing it's not on TV anywhere (at least not on DirectTV).
08-25-2014 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
RE: So, is La Tech vs. #4 Oklahoma NOT on any TV???
C-USA site says it is Pay per View only. http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-fo...14aab.html
08-25-2014 03:26 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
I'm shocked that it wouldn't be on CBSSports (they are showing Northern Arizona vs. SDSU), or on ESPNU (they are showing Idaho vs. unranked Florida) or Fox Sports 2 or NBCSports........why doesn't FS2 or NBCSports show any football games????
08-25-2014 03:37 PM
LATech95 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthrea...sports.com

This is a thread on our board about pay-per-view for our game. DirecTv is the only one yet to announce adding the game to its slate. An OU fan posted that DirecTv would not announce til Thursday what games it would have on Saturday. Frustrated as I am a DirecTV customer and planned on having a gathering Saturday night.
08-25-2014 03:51 PM
Advertisement

BuzDawg73 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: La Tech
It is still pay per view regardless of who is carrying it. You can also purchase the game on Sooner TV (internet) for $55.00.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 04:55 PM by BuzDawg73.)
08-25-2014 04:54 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
(08-25-2014 03:51 PM)LATech95 Wrote:  http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthrea...sports.com

This is a thread on our board about pay-per-view for our game. DirecTv is the only one yet to announce adding the game to its slate. An OU fan posted that DirecTv would not announce til Thursday what games it would have on Saturday. Frustrated as I am a DirecTV customer and planned on having a gathering Saturday night.

They'll have it. You'll probably see it in the guide on Friday night.
08-25-2014 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
(08-25-2014 03:37 PM)TTT Wrote:  I'm shocked that it wouldn't be on CBSSports (they are showing Northern Arizona vs. SDSU), or on ESPNU (they are showing Idaho vs. unranked Florida) or Fox Sports 2 or NBCSports........why doesn't FS2 or NBCSports show any football games????

CBSSN - they do not have rights to Big 12 football.

ESPN Nets - have rights to only 19 Big 12 games. They choose them wisely.

FS2 isn't in enough homes right now & NBCSN seems to be moving towards other sports like the NHL, auto racing (F1, NASCAR next year, IndyCar) and soccer (Barclays Premier League). NBCSN does have a small amount of FCS games from the CAA & Ivy League and will be able to air Notre Dame games in a couple years.

This game (La Tech at OU) was designated by FOX as OU's 3rd tier game. FOX must designate one game per team, for example North Texas at Texas, as the game that the school can distribute any way they see fit. Kansas St., for example, does not televise their game. They only webcast it.

Every Big 12 school has to have one game granted back to the school by FOX. If the school does not choose to air the game, it has to be offered back to FOX.

For a lot of Big 12 schools, the 3rd tier game is a game vs. a FCS opponent, but when you don't play one like Texas & Oklahoma did not (or in Iowa St.'s case, FOX designated the Toledo game instead of NoDak St.), sometimes it ends up being a better opponent.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 07:02 PM by mattsarz.)
08-25-2014 07:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
this thread defines why I am done with cf that is a cf....only 6 home games to suffer through this year.....then bye....just a reminder for myself
08-25-2014 10:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.