Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First two ASN games (featuring ODU and FIU) are "national" broadcasts
Bookmark and Share
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
Judging by the fact that the Sinclair station from Raleigh, NC will be broadcasting both games it appears that if there is only one game on ASN during a specific window then that game will be on all Sinclair affiliates at the very least.

Now we just need to see the production value...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-22-2014 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
RE: First two ASN games (featuring ODU and FIU) are "national" broadcasts
Are they making any progresss to broadcast all over the place? We really need Sinclair in Cleveland..
08-22-2014 09:21 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
Awesome news! Here in Roanoke, VA the ABC affiliate is Sinclair. The sister station is not a MyTV channel but RTV (retro TV) that plays old reruns but they do broadcast all the Liberty home games (the station is actually out of Lynchburg, VA). I'm not sure if they're playing ASN games but I sent a message to find out.
08-22-2014 09:54 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(08-22-2014 09:16 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  Judging by the fact that the Sinclair station from Raleigh, NC will be broadcasting both games it appears that if there is only one game on ASN during a specific window then that game will be on all Sinclair affiliates at the very least.

Now we just need to see the production value...

I imagine they'll do a pretty fair job with production. Even the local CW affiliate in Charlotte did a pretty good job last year. Our announcers weren't very good, but the camera work wasn't terrible. Not bad for (relative) amateurs in their first year.

I'm sure Sinclair will do a better job than they did.
08-22-2014 09:59 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
CW58 in Nashville. We don't have one in Miami unfortunately :(
08-22-2014 10:11 AM
FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
(08-22-2014 10:11 AM)Ole Blue Wrote:  CW58 in Nashville. We don't have one in Miami unfortunately :(

Take the drive up to Boca, our market has three or four IIRC, and we still get some MIA/FTL stations.
08-22-2014 10:14 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(08-22-2014 10:14 AM)FAUAEPi Wrote:  
(08-22-2014 10:11 AM)Ole Blue Wrote:  CW58 in Nashville. We don't have one in Miami unfortunately :(

Take the drive up to Boca, our market has three or four IIRC, and we still get some MIA/FTL stations.

So I guess I will find out soon than what channel in Lexington carries it? Website says Fox 56 in Lexington is a Sinclair station, but all guide shows next Sat. is infomercials during the day next Saturday on FOx with a game that night on Fox....Anyone know what network is carrying Georgia Southern at NC ST?., its on my guide on a local CW channel next Saturday..
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 10:22 AM by WKUFan518.)
08-22-2014 10:21 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
The ABC affiliate (WCHS) shows a college football game playing at 3:30 Eastern, but doesn't say what game. I guess there's a chance that's the ODU game since it's played at that time, but I highly doubt it since WVU vs Alabama is slated for 3:30 on ABC. No college preview on any channel for the FIU game at 7.

They could put the C-USA games on WCHS/WVAH .2 channels which are just a few channels up from the regular WCHS/WVAH stations on Suddenlink and you don't have to unplug your box or do anything different to get them. They're just there usually playing country music videos or old movies. Hopefully they are at least there.

CW is playing the Georgia Southern/NC State game and MyTV shows no college football preview.

(Just a report from here in WV, not saying it will be like this where you all are.)
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 10:58 AM by MUsince96.)
08-22-2014 10:53 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Sinclair has 3 stations in Birmingham. The ASN games will be shown on WABM 68.

CW 21 in Birmingham has picked up the ACC Game of the Week to replace their previous SEC deal.
ABC 33/40 has the ABC games.
08-22-2014 10:56 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(08-22-2014 10:21 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

So I guess I will find out soon than what channel in Lexington carries it? Website says Fox 56 in Lexington is a Sinclair station, but all guide shows next Sat. is infomercials during the day next Saturday on FOx with a game that night on Fox....Anyone know what network is carrying Georgia Southern at NC ST?., its on my guide on a local CW channel next Saturday..

Raycom/ACC Network

Does your Fox have a sub channel?

08-22-2014 11:16 AM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Did a quick check and found both the Old Dominion and FIU games back to back being broadcast on the CW or MyTV channels in San Antonio, Miami FL, and Birmingham. Basically all CUSA cities. Haven't seen much outside of the CUSA cities.

If somebody has the time, you can check to find the broadcasts by using TitanTV and typing in the zip code for the broadcast stations and the Sinclair list. Thats how I found the cities above in the guide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcasting
http://titantv.com/

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 11:27 AM by Miami (Oh) Yeah !.)
08-22-2014 11:24 AM
Advertisement

FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Where in Miami? That hasn't been announced yet down here. Thanks in advance.
08-22-2014 11:26 AM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
I hope they get their on line platform lined up.
08-22-2014 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
All American

(08-22-2014 11:26 AM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Where in Miami? That hasn't been announced yet down here. Thanks in advance.

West Palm Beach - Ft. Pierce, FL

WTCN - MyTV
Channel 34.3

Had both games listed.

Go to TitanTV and enter in the zip code and you'll see both listed.

College Football
WTCN - 34.3 - Sat, 8/30, 3:30 PM 3 hrs 30 min
"Hampton Pirates at Old Dominion Monarchs from Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium"

College Football
WTCN - 34.3 - Sat, 8/30, 7:00 PM 3 hrs 30 min
"Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Florida International Golden Panthers from FIU Stadium"
08-22-2014 11:29 AM
All American

The sub-channels like 34.3 may or may not be on cable. If that is the case you'll need a cheap antenna to pick it up over the air which can be found at:

http://www.channelmaster.com
OR
http://www.gomohu.com

or amazon, wal-mart, etc... but those two websites are good. There are also high-end DVRs (Channel Master DVR+)and cheap DVRs (iView) that can record and pause live TV or rewind just like cable boxes.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 03:36 PM by Miami (Oh) Yeah !.)
08-22-2014 11:35 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Good to see these games being picked up. The more football the better. I'm going to need 8 screens. 05-stirthepot
08-22-2014 12:30 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(08-22-2014 11:16 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  

Raycom/ACC Network

Not on Direct TV, I might be out of luck....WKU has only one game so just might catch it online if I have too...

Not a surprise but doesn't look like Lexington Sinclair channel is going to pick up any of these games, have to get those infomercials in...
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 12:40 PM by WKUFan518.)
08-22-2014 12:35 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(08-22-2014 12:35 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(08-22-2014 11:16 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  

Raycom/ACC Network

Not on Direct TV, I might be out of luck....WKU has only one game so just might catch it online if I have too...

Not a surprise but doesn't look like Lexington Sinclair channel is going to pick up any of these games, have to get those infomercials in...

Does DirecTV have an option like Dish where you can plug in your antenna straight into the receiver and integrate the OTA stations into the DirecTV guide and DVR?

08-22-2014 12:50 PM
monarchman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Re: RE: First two ASN games (featuring ODU and FIU) are "national" broadcasts
(08-22-2014 11:24 AM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  Did a quick check and found both the Old Dominion and FIU games back to back being broadcast on the CW or MyTV channels in San Antonio, Miami FL, and Birmingham. Basically all CUSA cities. Haven't seen much outside of the CUSA cities.

If somebody has the time, you can check to find the broadcasts by using TitanTV and typing in the zip code for the broadcast stations and the Sinclair list. Thats how I found the cities above in the guide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcasting
http://titantv.com/

These games will also be on 35.2 in the Richmond, Virginia market.
08-22-2014 02:04 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
Just randomly checked Buffalo, which has two stations owned by Sinclair and one of them (the MyTV affiliate) is showing both games. The other station is a FOX affiliate.

Also got some info from C-USA. AmericanSportsNet.com will be where the games will be shown online, but it does not look like the site will be ready this week. As others have mentioned, ConferenceUSA.com is expected to host this week's telecasts if it isn't ready.

As for affiliate lists, was told they will be on the conference website & posted on social media accounts on Wednesdays. Thursdays at the latest.
08-25-2014 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.