Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

UCLA Tickets
Bookmark and Share
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
UCLA Tickets
Got my 4 tickets for the UCLA game in the mail. My first trip to the Rose Bowl. UCLA is top 10 in preseason polls I have seen, some even top 5. Excited about the game. I think UCLA will overlook our Tigers & find we are very competitive. Seats don't look very good, but on par for visitor seats for most college games. Section/aisle 14-L, row 15. Assume this is a Memphis section. Anyone familiar with the Rose Bowl have an opinion on the seats?
08-19-2014 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTiger90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: UCLA Tickets
Normally the visiting section at UCLA games is down low and a section up top. The fact that you have tickets up top may suggest that we have already sold the lower section tickets; which would be fantastic!
08-19-2014 12:24 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2014 12:24 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  Normally the visiting section at UCLA games is down low and a section up top. The fact that you have tickets up top may suggest that we have already sold the lower section tickets; which would be fantastic!

Looking at a seating chart of the Rose Bowl (I'm no expert), it would appear these tickets are below the tunnel entrance to this section. I would think this is considered "low". What are you looking at to consider these seats high?
08-19-2014 12:47 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(08-19-2014 12:47 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(08-19-2014 12:24 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  Normally the visiting section at UCLA games is down low and a section up top. The fact that you have tickets up top may suggest that we have already sold the lower section tickets; which would be fantastic!

Looking at a seating chart of the Rose Bowl (I'm no expert), it would appear these tickets are below the tunnel entrance to this section. I would think this is considered "low". What are you looking at to consider these seats high?

I just assumed that because you said they weren't great seats that they were high. You say they are low though so they are still working on filling the lower visiting section. Hopefully we can fill it somewhat respectably. We have a group of 24 going
08-19-2014 12:55 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-19-2014 12:55 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  

I just assumed that because you said they weren't great seats that they were high. You say they are low though so they are still working on filling the lower visiting section. Hopefully we can fill it somewhat respectably. We have a group of 24 going

My opinion was based upon an idea I have (right or wrong) that the Rose Bowl has a large area beyond the end zones & bench area before seating begins some distance from the playing field. That plus section 14 is a corner section, not unlike most visitor seating at most college stadiums (like we provide to visitors), so not great seats or so I'm guessing. Just wondering if some on here might have better knowledge of the Rose Bowl. And BTW, where are your seats?
08-19-2014 01:27 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(08-19-2014 01:27 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(08-19-2014 12:55 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  

My opinion was based upon an idea I have (right or wrong) that the Rose Bowl has a large area beyond the end zones & bench area before seating begins some distance from the playing field. That plus section 14 is a corner section, not unlike most visitor seating at most college stadiums (like we provide to visitors), so not great seats or so I'm guessing. Just wondering if some on here might have better knowledge of the Rose Bowl. And BTW, where are your seats?

I'm not sure. We pick ours up at will call.
08-19-2014 02:03 PM
Advertisement

tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

Donators
Going to have to miss going. Is the game being televised and if so what media?

Thanks. TT
08-19-2014 07:18 PM
JRR_IV Offline
All American

(08-19-2014 07:18 PM)tigertom Wrote:  Going to have to miss going. Is the game being televised and if so what media?

Thanks. TT

Starts at 9:00 CT on the Pac 12 Network.
08-19-2014 07:18 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
I have a feeling there will be plenty of empty seats to move almost anywhere you want. I feel certain the crew I am going with will not sit in the end zone.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2014 10:06 PM by dannyb73.)
08-19-2014 10:06 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(08-19-2014 10:06 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  I have a feeling there will be plenty of empty seats to move almost anywhere you want. I feel certain the crew I am going with will not sit in the end zone.

The more we stay in the end zone, the bigger our representation will look..
08-19-2014 10:10 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

Donators
(08-19-2014 07:18 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  
(08-19-2014 07:18 PM)tigertom Wrote:  Going to have to miss going. Is the game being televised and if so what media?

Thanks. TT

Thank you. 04-bow
08-19-2014 10:22 PM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(08-19-2014 12:55 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  I just assumed that because you said they weren't great seats that they were high. You say they are low though so they are still working on filling the lower visiting section.

Low seats will better accommodate singing the Tiger Fight Song along with the team as we celebrate our victory.
08-20-2014 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Section 14 is the corner of the end zone; I presume lower section if on row 15.

https://seatgeek.com/venues/rose-bowl/se...hart/views
08-24-2014 03:12 PM
U of M/ND fan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers & Irish
(08-19-2014 10:05 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Got my 4 tickets for the UCLA game in the mail. My first trip to the Rose Bowl. UCLA is top 10 in preseason polls I have seen, some even top 5. Excited about the game. I think UCLA will overlook our Tigers & find we are very competitive. Seats don't look very good, but on par for visitor seats for most college games. Section/aisle 14-L, row 15. Assume this is a Memphis section. Anyone familiar with the Rose Bowl have an opinion on the seats?

Your 3 rows behind us.......04-cheers
08-24-2014 08:45 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

(08-19-2014 07:18 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  

Thanks. TT

I love having FiOS but they 04-chairshot don't carry it 04-chairshot
08-24-2014 08:58 PM
whoyarootinfor Offline
1st String

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Seats are far away from the field. They don't go as high as they go further away from the action the higher the row number. Really great venue with great food options. The tri tip sandwiches are amazing.
08-24-2014 10:30 PM
Advertisement

BruinPatti Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCLA
A quick word about the Rose Bowl seating. The H and L on the tickets do not refer to high or low rows. They refer to high or low seat numbers. As you enter the stadium the H high seat numbers 101,102,103 will be to one side and the L low seats numbers, 1,2 ,3 will be to the other. So the H/L is merely telling you if you will be turning left or right off the aisle.

The rows themselves are numbered 1-77 Obviously, 77 being the highest. The tunnels enter the stadium at about row 30. In the end zones there are some lettered rows A-K. I think most if not all of the lettered rows on the sidelines have been removed as part of the latest renovation just completed this summer.

Hope to see lots of you out in Pasadena in a couple weeks. Any questions about the Rose Bowl, parking, tailgating, etc, just ask.... I'll try to pop in here a few times to answer them for you.
08-25-2014 11:54 AM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(08-25-2014 11:54 AM)BruinPatti Wrote:  A quick word about the Rose Bowl seating. The H and L on the tickets do not refer to high or low rows. They refer to high or low seat numbers. As you enter the stadium the H high seat numbers 101,102,103 will be to one side and the L low seats numbers, 1,2 ,3 will be to the other. So the H/L is merely telling you if you will be turning left or right off the aisle.

The rows themselves are numbered 1-77 Obviously, 77 being the highest. The tunnels enter the stadium at about row 30. In the end zones there are some lettered rows A-K. I think most if not all of the lettered rows on the sidelines have been removed as part of the latest renovation just completed this summer.

Hope to see lots of you out in Pasadena in a couple weeks. Any questions about the Rose Bowl, parking, tailgating, etc, just ask.... I'll try to pop in here a few times to answer them for you.

Where is the best location/parking lot for tailgating for visiting fans?
08-25-2014 12:05 PM
BruinPatti Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCLA
(08-25-2014 12:05 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  Where is the best location/parking lot for tailgating for visiting fans?

Depends on what time you want to get there. Lot H and Brookside golf course are the main general public parking areas. I would NOT recommend arriving less than 2 hours before kickoff. Traffic will suck.

Lot H, a large grassy area just to the SE of the stadium is best for being where the action is. It's hot and sunny and no shade at all unless you bring an EZ-up canopy. It typically fills up pretty early as it is very popular with the die hard tailgaters....parking opens 6 hours prior (which would mean 1pm for our game) there is typically a line over 100 cars long waiting an hour before parking opens and it is not unusual for Lot H to be full an hour or 2 after it opens. I think it holds about 1500 cars.

Next best suggestion is up on the golf course, directly north of the stadium. It's quite nice up there and you have some shade from the trees. Nothing like tailgating on a golf course, huh? 04-cheers It can be a slightly more reserved crowd and more family friendly than Lot H.

Here is a map ...this also has some great links on it for other info.

http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/visitor-c...ing-here-2

On that map Lot H is the grassy area just SE of the stadium. The other areas near the stadium are paved and are by pass only.

No booze is sold at or near the stadium...and no stores within walking distance mile (Rose Bowl is in a residential neighborhood)....so you will need drive all your booze/food/etc in with you.
08-25-2014 12:43 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

(08-25-2014 12:43 PM)BruinPatti Wrote:  
(08-25-2014 12:05 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  Where is the best location/parking lot for tailgating for visiting fans?

Depends on what time you want to get there. Lot H and Brookside golf course are the main general public parking areas. I would NOT recommend arriving less than 2 hours before kickoff. Traffic will suck.

Lot H, a large grassy area just to the SE of the stadium is best for being where the action is. It's hot and sunny and no shade at all unless you bring an EZ-up canopy. It typically fills up pretty early as it is very popular with the die hard tailgaters....parking opens 6 hours prior (which would mean 1pm for our game) there is typically a line over 100 cars long waiting an hour before parking opens and it is not unusual for Lot H to be full an hour or 2 after it opens. I think it holds about 1500 cars.

Next best suggestion is up on the golf course, directly north of the stadium. It's quite nice up there and you have some shade from the trees. Nothing like tailgating on a golf course, huh? 04-cheers It can be a slightly more reserved crowd and more family friendly than Lot H.

Here is a map ...this also has some great links on it for other info.

http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/visitor-c...ing-here-2

On that map Lot H is the grassy area just SE of the stadium. The other areas near the stadium are paved and are by pass only.

No booze is sold at or near the stadium...and no stores within walking distance mile (Rose Bowl is in a residential neighborhood)....so you will need drive all your booze/food/etc in with you.

Good stuff! Thanks!
08-25-2014 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.