Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fox sportscaster, Tim Brando, picks ECU to make the CFB playoff this year
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Earlier today Tim Barndo picked ECU to be the "playoff buster" on the Sirus XM Ch. 91. Essentially, he said that he thinks the schedule sets up well, catching our opponents at the right time and getting open dates at beneficial times. Believes that the selection committee can't deny ECU due to the respected teams played in the AAC in conjunction with the very tough OOC schedule and that the Pirates are due for a break out year.
08-15-2014 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pirateoracle Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Fox sportscaster, Tim Brando, picks ECU to make the CFB playoff this year
(08-15-2014 04:59 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  Earlier today Tim Barndo picked ECU to be the "playoff buster" on the Sirus XM Ch. 91. Essentially, he said that he thinks the schedule sets up well, catching our opponents at the right time and getting open dates at beneficial times. Believes that the selection committee can't deny ECU due to the respected teams played in the AAC in conjunction with the very tough OOC schedule and that the Pirates are due for a break out year.
Hope he is right..AAArrgh...
08-15-2014 05:10 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(08-15-2014 04:59 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  Earlier today Tim Barndo picked ECU to be the "playoff buster" on the Sirus XM Ch. 91. Essentially, he said that he thinks the schedule sets up well, catching our opponents at the right time and getting open dates at beneficial times. Believes that the selection committee can't deny ECU due to the respected teams played in the AAC in conjunction with the very tough OOC schedule and that the Pirates are due for a break out year.

damn straight! For all the bad breaks we ve gotten we are due. The creation of big east football that excluded us when we were toe to toe with Miami, west Virginia and Virginia tech--and way above rutgers and temple--was an absolute back breaker....then the creation of the BCS that further weakened the program was the straw that broke the camels back. I think people know ECU is owed something to say the least. In a few years when we're averaging more fans than half the P5 something will have to finally give.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014 05:25 PM by billybobby777.)
08-15-2014 05:15 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
He's good friends with Aresco.
08-15-2014 05:19 PM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
The title of your thread is a bit misleading. Did Brando change his picks from earlier this season? Brando picked Michigan State, Oklahoma, UCLA and Florida State in the CFB playoffs back in June.

http://collegespun.com/acc/florida-state...inning-it#

Being a playoff buster is quite a different thing, I would assume he was referring to the chance ECU has at beating USC , Cincy or UCF and ruining their chances at the playoff.

Did Brando really pick ECU to make the 4 team playoff this season?

I’m not saying he didn’t, I’m just curious who he feels ECU will replace.
08-15-2014 05:32 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

he picked louiseville to win the national championship last year too. i wouldnt put much stock in what brandeaux has to say.
08-15-2014 05:53 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
IF East Carolina goes undefeated, YES, they are in the playoffs.
However, if the Pirates lose one game, fuggedaboutit!
08-15-2014 06:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
LOL

He didn't pick ECU to go to the playoffs. I heard the same show and they were going around the on-air staff asking who "COULD be non-P5 party crashers" (his words, not mine). Colorado State, BYU,and Bowling Green were also mentioned, so take it with a grain of salt. What's funny is I heard Brando say ECU and I chuckled at how quickly it would wind up on these boards.

Sure enough, here it is, but records are still 0-0 for this season. Also, don't even start with the "ECU hater" diatribe. You can check my past comments and you'll see that I was a big proponent of ECU to the AAC. I like our rivalry, but you guys are finding hype in every comment, and equating it to insurance that you will come in and dominate. I certainly hope you guys do well. We need ECU to be a flagship football school for this conference, but Tim Brando brainstorming on the air doesn't mean anything.
08-15-2014 06:38 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
what? I thoght an ECU national championship was a given? You know cuz blah blah blah blah blah, they are the absolute bestest ever!
08-15-2014 07:09 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Tim is from Louisiana and loves LSU A&M. Enough said!
08-15-2014 08:03 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(08-15-2014 07:09 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  what? I thoght an ECU national championship was a given? You know cuz blah blah blah blah blah, they are the absolute bestest ever!

Good to see someone recognizes our pure beastiness.
08-15-2014 08:13 PM
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(08-15-2014 06:38 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  LOL

He didn't pick ECU to go to the playoffs. I heard the same show and they were going around the on-air staff asking who "COULD be non-P5 party crashers" (his words, not mine). Colorado State, BYU,and Bowling Green were also mentioned, so take it with a grain of salt. What's funny is I heard Brando say ECU and I chuckled at how quickly it would wind up on these boards.

Sure enough, here it is, but records are still 0-0 for this season. Also, don't even start with the "ECU hater" diatribe. You can check my past comments and you'll see that I was a big proponent of ECU to the AAC. I like our rivalry, but you guys are finding hype in every comment, and equating it to insurance that you will come in and dominate. I certainly hope you guys do well. We need ECU to be a flagship football school for this conference, but Tim Brando brainstorming on the air doesn't mean anything.

Who has the best receivers in the AAC? Definitely not ECU.
08-15-2014 08:38 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Re: RE: Fox sportscaster, Tim Brando, picks ECU to make the CFB playoff this year

This thread is a great example of why other fans hate ecu fans. We're always jumping the gun on crap like this for some reason.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-15-2014 08:52 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(08-15-2014 08:52 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  

This thread is a great example of why other fans hate ecu fans. We're always jumping the gun on crap like this for some reason.

See 80% of all other threads started today.
08-15-2014 08:56 PM
Galleyrat Offline
Bench Warmer

Let them hate us. You just keep kissing the "p5" teams butts. Carry on.
08-15-2014 09:30 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

If he had mentioned UCF it would of wound up on this board as well....so don't why you are giving ECU fans a hard time.
08-16-2014 12:00 AM
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(08-15-2014 09:30 PM)Galleyrat Wrote:  

Let them hate us. You just keep kissing the "p5" teams butts. Carry on.

03-lmfao I see you're still a fan of my posts.
08-16-2014 12:34 AM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(08-16-2014 12:00 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  

If he had mentioned UCF it would of wound up on this board as well....so don't why you are giving ECU fans a hard time.

I'm not giving anyone a hard time. Just a response to an OP who sort of got the info wrong. Now I can start giving USF fans a hard time, but that's sort of like picking on the mentally handicapped. Even though it might seem fun, it's still wrong.

And show me one thread that I've made bragging about UCF? Truth be told, I find all the self-serving threads equally irritating. And no, I haven't seen many USF fans doing this, so just relax.
08-16-2014 02:25 AM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

Fact is most sports reporters are not exactly too knowledgeable about the G5 schools so when asked who could be a playoff party crasher they are going to list the usual suspects ie...BYU, Boise St, UCF, UC, ECU, Houston etc...etc...

Bottom line is any G5 school has to have a dream season to get into the playoffs or even the bowl slot for the best G5 school. UCF showed us last year it can be done but they also showed what a slim margin it is between going to a Fiesta Bowl or a no name bowl with how close a few of their games were. It takes some serious breaks or miracle catches to have that type season. Only one G5 school will have that type year in 2014 and I seriously doubt it is ECU. I would absolutely love it to be ECU but after our OOC with South Carolina, UNCheat and VT plus body bag NCCU, I would be happy to be 2-2. I would be very excited if we went 6-2 in AAC play which would put us at 8-4. To me that is a very solid year based on our schedule being much tougher than last year. If we go 9-3 or 10-2 then I would chalk it up as one of the better ECU Football seasons in our history. To bust the playoff monopoly we have to go 12-0 which includes beating a Top 10 SEC School on the road, a ranked ACC team at home and potentially 1-2 ranked AAC schools during conference play depending how UC and UCF are doing by the time we play. To go 12-0 vs a schedule like that will take perfection and the kind of luck a team has to have during a dream season.
08-16-2014 06:39 AM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/08/15/4...p=/99/103/

Article bills ECU as #1 most overlooked team in the nation.

The Overlooked Five

1. East Carolina: The Pirates, 10-3 a year ago, have been ignored nationally, oddly in favor of a team (North Carolina ) it beat by 24 points on the road. Quarterback Shane Carden will have plenty of motivation and the opportunity (at South Carolina, at Virginia Tech, at home to UNC in consecutive weeks) to make a push for a spot in one of the major bowl games.
08-16-2014 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.