Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane aerial footage
rollgreenwave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
Tulane aerial footage
For people wondering what Tulane's campus and the area around it looks like, there's a pretty cool video that was posted recently with aerial footage from a few parts of campus. The part by the river is part of Audubon Park and is between the Audubon Zoo and Mississippi River. It's called "the Fly," and students hang out there all the time.

You can get a short glimpse of the stadium in the distance at one point, and it spends a lot of time in the middle of campus (the open quads near the domed building), which is where tailgating will be.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 02:38 PM by rollgreenwave.)
07-25-2014 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
RE: Tulane aerial footage
There used to be occasional gossip that Tulane would build a football stadium on the Fly. I'm thrilled with Yulman but that would have been awesome.
07-25-2014 05:54 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Mega awesome. I love the character of this conference.
07-25-2014 06:03 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

Roll Green Wave
07-25-2014 07:41 PM
grapes Offline
GTG

I Root For: MEMPHIS/AAC

07-25-2014 07:46 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

Will someone such as a major Tulane alumni on this board look at the Sunbelt board on their thread Tulane controls the New Orleans Market and give UL- L your response. I have been banned from the board by the ASU moderator because I said that the Sunbelt was now the Southland 2 conference. This is humiliating to Tulane and someone needs to respond that is not banned. I feel this is important to clear the truth.
07-25-2014 07:51 PM
Advertisement

St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
Went to Mardi Gras while I was a student at UCF and made it a point to visit Tulane's campus. Saw the streetcar monument and a tree covered completely in beads. Then my friends and I snuck into the basketball arena and got some pictures in there.

Awesome trip, overall. We stopped at the Real World house just down the street and got lunch at some chicken place that was recommended by several people at Tulane.
07-25-2014 07:55 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-25-2014 07:51 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Will someone such as a major Tulane alumni on this board look at the Sunbelt board on their thread Tulane controls the New Orleans Market and give UL- L your response. I have been banned from the board by the ASU moderator because I said that the Sunbelt was now the Southland 2 conference. This is humiliating to Tulane and someone needs to respond that is not banned. I feel this is important to clear the truth.

STOP IT.

If you've been banned from the Sunbelt board, the only thing I can say is, good for them.

You ruin threads when you do stuff like this. Your obsession with ULL belongs elsewhere, not in every thread you wish to put it in.
07-25-2014 08:46 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(07-25-2014 07:51 PM)Savacool Wrote:  This is humiliating to Tulane
No it really isn't.

Quote:and someone needs to respond
Why?

Quote:I feel this is important to clear the truth.
Okay.

Let the Sun Belt take care of its business and let us take care of ours.
07-26-2014 02:44 AM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
The only thing humiliating about that thread is how desperate for validation the ULL fans are. I've never seen a group of people so embarrassed about their own name.
07-26-2014 09:23 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(07-26-2014 09:23 AM)ECBrad Wrote:  The only thing humiliating about that thread is how desperate for validation the ULL fans are. I've never seen a group of people so embarrassed about their own name.

eh...I don't blame them. People put a lot of stock in names and if I was a ULL fan/grad I would want to be known as The University of Louisiana too. It's lame that they can't be called that. In my book they are the University of Louisiana. I know when Southwest Missouri State became Missouri State it was a BIG deal to the fans I have family and friends who graduated from Missouri State but when they were there it was SWMOST and when the name changed they all went out and bought new shirts, hats, gear etc. They also got new diploma's that said "Missouri State" even though they graduated years before when it was SW Mo St. I get it.

Tulane isn't the Univ of Louisiana, at least from my vantage point...they are Tulane, a great private institute.
07-26-2014 10:54 AM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(07-26-2014 10:54 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  People put a lot of stock in names and if I was a ULL fan/grad I would want to be known as The University of Louisiana too.
A fair point. But what people "want" and what they are rightfully entitled to have are, in this instance, two very different things.

Quote:when Southwest Missouri State became Missouri State it was a BIG deal to the fans I have family and friends who graduated from Missouri State but when they were there it was SWMOST and when the name changed they all went out and bought new shirts, hats, gear etc. They also got new diplomas that said "Missouri State" even though they graduated years before when it was SW Mo St.
I don't have the stamina or patience to unpack all the various details of the two situations. But they are really not comparable. People who feel like digging into the weeds can easily find out for themselves.
07-26-2014 11:09 AM
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Tulane aerial footage
Cool campus thanks for sharing!
07-26-2014 12:53 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
It is a very nice campus. I will share it with my father - a Tulane grad.
07-26-2014 12:59 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-26-2014 10:54 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(07-26-2014 09:23 AM)ECBrad Wrote:  The only thing humiliating about that thread is how desperate for validation the ULL fans are. I've never seen a group of people so embarrassed about their own name.

eh...I don't blame them. People put a lot of stock in names and if I was a ULL fan/grad I would want to be known as The University of Louisiana too. It's lame that they can't be called that. In my book they are the University of Louisiana. I know when Southwest Missouri State became Missouri State it was a BIG deal to the fans I have family and friends who graduated from Missouri State but when they were there it was SWMOST and when the name changed they all went out and bought new shirts, hats, gear etc. They also got new diploma's that said "Missouri State" even though they graduated years before when it was SW Mo St. I get it.

Tulane isn't the Univ of Louisiana, at least from my vantage point...they are Tulane, a great private institute.

To me its not even about Tulane's charter, its about the fact that ULL and ULM were named at the same time and are part of the same system.

What gives ULL the right to be UL instead of ULM?
07-26-2014 01:03 PM
Mitch Rapp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: T U L A N E
Bingo. None.
07-26-2014 07:25 PM
Advertisement

ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
It's about being proud of who you are. They feel like their own name makes them less and it's sad. Nobody at UNC feels bad if somebody calls them Chapel Hill.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 08:10 PM by ECBrad.)
07-26-2014 08:10 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl
(07-26-2014 01:03 PM)OUGwave Wrote:  

To me its not even about Tulane's charter, its about the fact that ULL and ULM were named at the same time and are part of the same system.

It really doesn't matter. If they want to waste their time with that, let them.

That it rustles some LSU fans' jimmies is an added bonus.
07-27-2014 04:41 PM
RollDambWave Offline
Water Engineer

I call them Lafayette and they start crying. They want to be the program next to LSU so bad they want to get rid of the hyphen. 03-lmfao
07-29-2014 12:35 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(07-26-2014 01:03 PM)OUGwave Wrote:  

It's simple. ULM has branded their athletic department as ULM. The Cajun athletic department has asked to be called the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, and many outlets do just that. It doesn't break any laws though it does ruffle some feathers, which means it's probably a good thing.

Officially the school's name is the University of Louisiana - Lafayette.

As I surf around the net, more and more I see the school's teams simply referred to as Louisiana. I likes it. We're winning the war one battle at a time.

04-cheers
07-29-2014 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.