Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Parrish > Skal Labissiere's really complex recuiting battle
And related Martin tweet >>>

John Martin @JohnMartin929 · 15s
Remember when I wrote earlier this week that Ole Miss could offer a coaching job to Skal Labissiere’s guardian? There was a reason.
07-24-2014 09:17 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
So per the article this is basically about the guardian getting his "meal ticket"
07-24-2014 10:04 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2014 10:04 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  So per the article this is basically about the guardian getting his "meal ticket"

Or "Uncle" Wes getting his --- all according to the sage of sports radio, Gary.
07-24-2014 10:15 PM
Tony85 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sanity
Could Skal, Shaq and Austin be on the floor with a true pg and a shooter? I don't believe playing time/minutes would be an issue. How does GP keep dismissing Memphis based on that lame reason.

I'm not dismissing his other scenarios on Ole Miss and others, just his take on Shaq (Sr) and Austin (Jr).
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 10:32 PM by Tony85.)
07-24-2014 10:30 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2014 10:30 PM)Tony85 Wrote:  Could Skal, Shaq and Austin be on the floor with a true pg and a shooter? I don't believe playing time/minutes would be an issue. How does GP keep dismissing Memphis based on that lame reason.

I'm not dismissing his other scenarios on Ole Miss and others, just his take on Shaq (Sr) and Austin (Jr).

I agree its a silly reason but I do believe that its going to be moot point because more than likely Austin is going to blow up on the court this season and go pro and there's outside chance that Shaq might leave too
07-24-2014 10:39 PM
Advertisement

ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
Poor ole miss is never going to land Skal.

Fortunately for them, there really isn't much a of a BB fan base there to have their hearts crushed by Skal choosing the tigers in the end.
07-24-2014 10:58 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(07-24-2014 10:04 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  So per the article this is basically about the guardian getting his "meal ticket"

That's the way I see it.

If this guy wants to become the Heidi Schaeffer and Duncan Ragsdale for the city of Memphis, hey let him have at it. Short-term gain, long-term fail and possibly more.
07-24-2014 10:59 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Kind of a rediculous argument....'you might end up on the bench behind Austin & Shaq'.
Hello...if one of those guys get into foul trouble (big possibility), then we could always use another big body to fill that space vacated by either SHaq or Austin.
07-24-2014 11:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRR_IV Offline
All American

I bet if we don't land Skal either going to Ole Miss or somewhere besides Memphis. Elijah Thomas will end up at Memphis.
07-24-2014 11:20 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Parrish > Skal Labissiere's really complex recuiting battle
Thomas won't be at smu or Memphis
07-24-2014 11:35 PM
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(07-24-2014 11:20 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  I bet if we don't land Skal either going to Ole Miss or somewhere besides Memphis. Elijah Thomas will end up at Memphis.

IF Skal chooses somewhere other than Memphis...I'm thinking Georgetown or UK. Slimy John would find a way to make the guardian happy.
07-24-2014 11:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRR_IV Offline
All American

(07-24-2014 11:35 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Thomas won't be at smu or Memphis

In regards to Elijah Thomas. “If it’s true, it’s something to really look forward to because they are pretty much like a family to me"- Elijah Thoms from Memphis Roar.
07-25-2014 02:26 AM
JRR_IV Offline
All American

(07-24-2014 11:44 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 11:20 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  I bet if we don't land Skal either going to Ole Miss or somewhere besides Memphis. Elijah Thomas will end up at Memphis.

IF Skal chooses somewhere other than Memphis...I'm thinking Georgetown or UK. Slimy John would find a way to make the guardian happy.

I would be disappointed, but if Skal did get an offer of Mudiay level of some sort all the power to him to take it. Hell, I bet everyone would take the money in that situation.
07-25-2014 02:28 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(07-25-2014 02:28 AM)JRR_IV Wrote:  

I would be disappointed, but if Skal did get an offer of Mudiay level of some sort all the power to him to take it. Hell, I bet everyone would take the money in that situation.

Sometimes I get the feeling his handler, or whoever represents him, is just collecting as many bids as possible.

That way they can play all of them off against each other, weigh the pros and cons of each, and then decide...whoever it is who decides.
Too jaded?
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 02:50 AM by snowtiger.)
07-25-2014 02:45 AM
JRR_IV Offline
All American

(07-25-2014 02:45 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  

Sometimes I get the feeling his handler, or whoever represents him, is just collecting as many bids as possible.

That way they can play all of them off against each other, weigh the pros and cons of each, and then decide...whoever it is who decides.
Too jaded?

If I were Skal and his handler this would be my thought process.

First, You have Memphis you have lived there for 2-3 years, know the area, been to games, would have playing time available to you by foul trouble or earning a starting position, his handler would still be his handler since he went to Memphis, and looking at potential roster for your maybe 1 and done season or 2 you would have a chance of winning big.

Second, North Carolina and Georgetown. Honestly these two place the sole reason he wouldn't go here is his handler not allowing it because it would put a strain on his grip with Skal and might not be his handler no more same can be said for Kentucky but not as far away.

Third, Kentucky. It's Calipari his pitch would be play against the best day in and day out..Why? They have MC All Americans all over that roster and their 4-5 position is loaded absolutely LOADED but playing time would be a factor if Skal wanted a chance to be a 1 and done in college.

Fourth, Ole Piss. Honestly Skal would be their LeBron. If he succeeded and took that team to a new level he would be in Ole Piss lore. But that's very far fetched. Also, Who wants to play for Andy Kennedy, no other then the head case that was Marshall Henderson who they all loved down there. And that spot on the bench for maybe somebody that would get Skal to commit to Ole Piss could be used that way. But I think there is an NCAA rule that says they have to some level of coaching experience to be on staff. (correct me if i'm wrong.) also distance would be able to keep the leash on him since he is only at Ole Piss.

So, All this said, In my non-bias Memphis fan way, If I was in his shoes. I would choose Memphis because of what I stated above..
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 03:10 AM by JRR_IV.)
07-25-2014 03:10 AM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(07-25-2014 03:10 AM)JRR_IV Wrote:  

Too jaded?

First, You have Memphis you have lived there for 2-3 years, know the area, been to games, would have playing time available to you by foul trouble or earning a starting position, his handler would still be his handler since he went to Memphis, and looking at potential roster for your maybe 1 and done season or 2 you would have a chance of winning big.

Second, North Carolina and Georgetown. Honestly these two place the sole reason he wouldn't go here is his handler not allowing it because it would put a strain on his grip with Skal and might not be his handler no more same can be said for Kentucky but not as far away.

Third, Kentucky. It's Calipari his pitch would be play against the best day in and day out..Why? They have MC All Americans all over that roster and their 4-5 position is loaded absolutely LOADED but playing time would be a factor if Skal wanted a chance to be a 1 and done in college.

Fourth, Ole Piss. Honestly Skal would be their LeBron. If he succeeded and took that team to a new level he would be in Ole Piss lore. But that's very far fetched. Also, Who wants to play for Andy Kennedy, no other then the head case that was Marshall Henderson who they all loved down there. And that spot on the bench for maybe somebody that would get Skal to commit to Ole Piss could be used that way. But I think there is an NCAA rule that says they have to some level of coaching experience to be on staff. (correct me if i'm wrong.) also distance would be able to keep the leash on him since he is only at Ole Piss.

So, All this said, In my non-bias Memphis fan way, If I was in his shoes. I would choose Memphis because of what I stated above..

I agree mostly...The only flaw in your UK logic is if you are a 1 and done talent you are not going to be sitting on anyones bench long enough to matter(UK included)
07-25-2014 06:30 AM
JRR_IV Offline
All American

(07-25-2014 06:30 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(07-25-2014 03:10 AM)JRR_IV Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 11:44 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  IF Skal chooses somewhere other than Memphis...I'm thinking Georgetown or UK. Slimy John would find a way to make the guardian happy.

Too jaded?

I agree mostly...The only flaw in your UK logic is if you are a 1 and done talent you are not going to be sitting on anyones bench long enough to matter(UK included)

True...but its like 4-5 people deep not all of them will get enough playing time to showcase their talent and be able to be drafted in the draft....
07-25-2014 07:20 AM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

So attend Ole Miss, have a FR year with no supporting cast, lose in first round of SEC tourney and go pro. What an option.
07-25-2014 08:43 AM
Easterwood Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(07-25-2014 08:43 AM)midtowncowboy Wrote:  So attend Ole Miss, have a FR year with no supporting cast, lose in first round of SEC tourney and go pro. What an option.

It's not about that

It's about money

#sheesh
07-25-2014 08:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.