Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who are the players on your team you expect to have break-out seasons that the ....
Rowdydowdy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
Who are the players on your team you expect to have break-out seasons that the ....
rest of the AAC might not have heard of yet.

I am predicting:

Defense: Dayon Pratt-Outside linebacker

Offense: Corey Hunter-Runningback
07-22-2014 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: Who are the players on your team you expect to have break-out seasons that the ....
I think Tulsa sees a more mature and more composed Dane Evans this season. He was thrown straight into battle last year and he seemed a bit shell shocked at times when those D Linemen were coming at him.

Outside of QB play, we should see at least one of two new RB's step up
I'm guessing Tavareon Dickerson (Transfer from Utah St. via Juco), then at WR there's an early enrollee - Nigel Carter - who should see significant action.

On D, getting back safety Marco Nelson from ineligibility will be absolutely huge. The D-Line will be more mature as well.
07-22-2014 11:47 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: Who are the players on your team you expect to have break-out seasons that the ....
I don't know if he'll see action as a true freshman, but WR Curtis Burston could be one Pirate newcomer to keep an eye on. He enrolled early (a developmental head start) and participated in Spring drills with the Pirates, and had 4 catches for 89 yards in one of the scrimmages.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 11:48 AM by Chappy.)
07-22-2014 11:48 AM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
Offense: Stanback RB
Defense: Jacoby Glenn CB
07-22-2014 11:59 AM
SouthPhillyFall Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple
WR Khalif Herbin
07-22-2014 12:08 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(07-22-2014 11:40 AM)Rowdydowdy Wrote:  rest of the AAC might not have heard of yet.

I am predicting:

Not sure that he even plays a snap
07-22-2014 12:29 PM
Advertisement

KnightsFan5912 Offline
Bench Warmer

Stanback and Glenn were both all AAC last year.

Some lesser known guys will be:

Dontravius Wilson RB

Jackie Williams WR (sat out last year, but had 110 rec in 2011 and 2012 combined for UAB) Could lead UCF in Receptions.

Josh Reese WR - Elite blocking WR that was actually the highest rated recruit of the group. I wish we had a star QB to throw to these guys because you add Perriman, Hall and Worton to the last two guys and we might as well run the oopty oop every play....paging John Moxon.

True Freshman DB's Kyle Gibson and Chris Williams. At least one will have an impact at some point.

My hope is that Justin Tukes TE becomes a weapon. He has been completely under utilized but a beast at 6-5 250.
07-22-2014 12:44 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
I basically picked a breakout position player at each major position group on offense and defense. All the guys are coming off good spring performances and/or building off strong finishes to the 2013 season. I am not including incoming freshmen into these projections.

Offense:
QB Mike White - has had a great offseason and really showed a lot during Spring practice
TE Sean Price - he has a chance to be a revelation at TE on a national level; started coming in late 2013
RB/FB Kenard Swanson – former 4-star with ‘real’ offers from UF, LSU, Bama but grades issues landed him at USF where he defied the odds and qualified as a freshman last year and had a great spring
OL Thor Jozwiak – comeback season for a kid that had heart condition; completely healthy and probably one of the meaneast but smartest OL in the AAC
WR Chris Dunkley – Florida transfer seems poised to finally have a big year

Defense:
DE Mike Love – skinny, defensive end from St. Pete has put on weight but kept his explosiveness; Selvie-esque type of potential
LB Nigel Harris – played a lot as a freshman and has the ‘it’ factor to play the position
DB Nate Godwin – significant time as freshman, high leadership/character guy that was one of Taggart’s first ‘steals’ when he got hired as this kid has NFL type ability; athletic punishing hitter and excellent range that can play Safety or CB
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 12:54 PM by CyberBull.)
07-22-2014 12:48 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
QB Tanner Lee.
07-22-2014 12:50 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
O: WR/RB/KR/PR Khalif Herbin He's in the Darren Sproles mold at 5'7 170 and has speed for days. He had 5 receptions for 93 yards and a TD and 2 rushes for 16 yards in our spring game. Should join JR WR John Christopher in making up for Robby Anderson's production.

D: True freshman DE Michael Dogbe. #2 in NJ in sacks behind Ohio State signee Darius Slade. Picked Temple over Vanderbilt and Rutgers. Bulked up on his own from 6'3 223 to 6'3 250. Could put on another 10-15 lbs. pretty quickly with an actual college weight and strength program. Likely too talented to not play right away.
07-22-2014 12:52 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(07-22-2014 12:44 PM)KnightsFan5912 Wrote:  Stanback and Glenn were both all AAC last year.

Dontravius Wilson RB

Jackie Williams WR (sat out last year, but had 110 rec in 2011 and 2012 combined for UAB) Could lead UCF in Receptions.

Josh Reese WR - Elite blocking WR that was actually the highest rated recruit of the group. I wish we had a star QB to throw to these guys because you add Perriman, Hall and Worton to the last two guys and we might as well run the oopty oop every play....paging John Moxon.

True Freshman DB's Kyle Gibson and Chris Williams. At least one will have an impact at some point.

My hope is that Justin Tukes TE becomes a weapon. He has been completely under utilized but a beast at 6-5 250.

I was going to say the same about Stanback, who would hardly be a breakout player as he is known talent that is going to get a lot more carries this year. He isn't as explosive as Storm Johnson but seems like a more consistent, reliable and smarter football player than Johnson....which in O'Leary's offense usually does very well.

Two concerns for Stanback would be how quickly the three new OL gel together and if your newbie QB will do enough to keep teams from stacking the line. IMO, that is the lynch-pin to UCF's season.
07-22-2014 12:59 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(07-22-2014 12:59 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(07-22-2014 12:44 PM)KnightsFan5912 Wrote:  Stanback and Glenn were both all AAC last year.

Dontravius Wilson RB

I was going to say the same about Stanback, who would hardly be a breakout player as he is known talent that is going to get a lot more carries this year. He isn't as explosive as Storm Johnson but seems like a more consistent, reliable and smarter football player than Johnson....which in O'Leary's offense usually does very well.

Two concerns for Stanback would be how quickly the three new OL gel together and if your newbie QB will do enough to keep teams from stacking the line. IMO, that is the lynch-pin to UCF's season.

So long as our QB can hit the receivers on short passes and/or screens then I think he'll be fine. There's plenty of blocking experience/raw speed at WR to edge out 5-6 yards per pass.
07-22-2014 01:29 PM
HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
Defense: Byron Jones - C and Obi Melifonwu - S

Offense: Geremy Davis - WR and Casey Cochran - QB
07-22-2014 01:33 PM
KnightsFan5912 Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-22-2014 12:59 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  

Dontravius Wilson RB

My prediction is that UCF is top 10 in the nation in YAC this year. Lots of short routes, blocking and throws to RB's. Help out the line and QB as much as possible.
07-22-2014 01:34 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
(07-22-2014 11:40 AM)Rowdydowdy Wrote:  rest of the AAC might not have heard of yet.

I am predicting:

I say for ECU

Defense: Devaris Brunson -LB

Offense: Curtis Burston - OWR

Marquez Grayson - RB
07-22-2014 01:45 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Gunner Kiel QB
McKay WR
Holton WR
Luc MLB
07-22-2014 01:53 PM
Advertisement

Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
While Stanback was all AAC last year, he was still relatively unknown and completely overshadowed by Storm Johnson to most people. This year will be his big year to get recognition.

Basically no one outside of UCF and a few AAC fans would know him.
07-22-2014 01:53 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Tanner Lee Tulane Quarterback. Break out year
07-22-2014 02:18 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(07-22-2014 01:53 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Gunner Kiel QB
McKay WR
Holton WR
Luc MLB

I agree with those (although I think most people have heard of Gunner Kiel).

My picks for UC would also include

Tion Green- RB
Mike Tyson and Zach Edwards- Safeties
07-22-2014 02:35 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Davon Grayson and Jimmy Williams - WR's

Davaris Brunson - LB

Ike Harris - OL

Marquez Grayson - RB
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 02:38 PM by NBPirate.)
07-22-2014 02:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.