WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"The Factory" manufacturers a new piece of equipment
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
"The Factory" manufacturers a new piece of equipment
Quote:Friday evening Eastern Michigan announced the addition of Rob Bolden, a former wide receiver at LSU and before that a former starting quarterback at Penn State.

I think he could have a greater impact at WR if Creighton opts to use him there. They need talent at that position more than any other on offense. Roback has shown some promise, they've got a very good TE (one of the best in the MAC), and a good ground game. EMU could be decent offensively this season, but not much defensively. We'll need to outscore them.

Nice pick up for them.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-football/2...n-michigan
07-19-2014 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

RE: "The Factory" manufacturers a new piece of equipment
Found this article also:
http://www.mlive.com/eagles/index.ssf/20...bolde.html

Maybe he is going to play quarterback after all:
Quote:"He's obviously a very talented athlete," Creighton said. "He wants to be a quarterback, and that's where he is going to compete."
07-19-2014 06:46 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
What?! A transfer that will have an impact when he hits the field?! The hell you say, I thought to rebuild you had to wait four/five years?!?
07-19-2014 07:20 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(07-19-2014 07:20 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  What?! A transfer that will have an impact when he hits the field?! The hell you say, I thought to rebuild you had to wait four/five years?!?

Oh, so the rebuilding in Ypsi is now complete and you're crowning them MAC champs before he even steps foot on EMU's campus? I didn't think you rolled that way, but maybe I was wrong.
07-19-2014 07:28 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(07-19-2014 07:28 AM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(07-19-2014 07:20 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  What?! A transfer that will have an impact when he hits the field?! The hell you say, I thought to rebuild you had to wait four/five years?!?

Oh, so the rebuilding in Ypsi is now complete and you're crowning them MAC champs before he even steps foot on EMU's campus? I didn't think you rolled that way, but maybe I was wrong.

That's what I said?! Are you twelve?
07-19-2014 07:33 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Apparently Eastern's program wasn't "6 feet under."

Besides we've got the better coach - Creighton didn't get a sniff for our job.
07-19-2014 07:35 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(07-19-2014 07:35 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Apparently Eastern's program wasn't "6 feet under."

Besides we've got the better coach - Creighton didn't get a sniff for our job.

I see you've been taking in "the schtick" after all Major. Unreal the lengths taken to defend his boy here.
07-19-2014 07:43 AM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

I keep saying EMU worries me with the new staff going forward. They were in worse shape there when Creighton took over versus WMU when Fleck came. Be interesting to see how both programs evolve (assuming WMU will improve given the recruiting).
07-19-2014 07:50 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
A decade ago Central's program was in much worse shape than ours. They hired a proven winner as head coach (Kelly), increased their win total in first year, had winning season the next, won MAC and a bowl his third.

Eastern seems to be following that paradigm.

We didn't.
07-19-2014 08:05 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

If EMU has a reversal of fortune and establishes a winner before us I will 03-puke

Interesting the different approaches taken by both programs. I personally prefer the direction they took going with a guy who has proven he can coach.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 08:17 AM by DesertBronco.)
07-19-2014 08:05 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America

You mean like Justin Ferguson the ND transfer, or Ash the DT out of UM? Can't wait to hear you explain the difference between Creighton getting an impact transfer and Fleck getting two.

Like I said before, you don't even have a simple knowledge of OUR roster let alone the opponents. How can we take your analysis seriously?
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 10:44 AM by Chipdip2.)
07-19-2014 10:39 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(07-19-2014 10:39 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

You mean like Justin Ferguson the ND transfer, or Ash the DT out of UM? Can't wait to hear you explain the difference between Creighton getting an impact transfer and Fleck getting two.

Like I said before, you don't even have a simple knowledge of OUR roster let alone the opponents. How can we take your analysis seriously?

Those guys aren't quite the same caliber as Bolden, he started at Penn State as a freshman. Hardly a slouch, but try and equate Ferguson to him, you sound more like a Chimp slappy every day.
07-19-2014 11:27 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(07-19-2014 11:27 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  
(07-19-2014 10:39 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  

Those guys aren't quite the same caliber as Bolden, he started at Penn State as a freshman. Hardly a slouch, but try and equate Ferguson to him, you sound more like a Chimp slappy every day.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Bolden went to PSU as a QB and averaged about a 130 yards passing in 15 starts, not exactly mind blowing number on a PSU TEAM THAT WAS FLOUNDERING (lost to OU at home). He used the Sandusky loophole to transfer out and went to LSU where he was a WR. He never saw the field.

He has one year of eligibility.
07-19-2014 11:44 AM
Doo Offline
1st String

Creighton is a good coach and will have success there. However success at EMU is not defined the same way as most schools. I see something along these lines the next 5 years.

3-9
4-8
6-6
7-5
5-7

And then probably get dumped by a new AD or President that thinks a new coach could "take them to the next level", and because they are only averaging 10k at home games (forget that's a massive jump)
07-19-2014 11:47 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Again, he started and played a lot as a freshmen, transferred due to the mess to LSU who tried to make him a WR. He'll be a starter at EMU most likely at QB. Impact. Plus, EMU is allright at the QB position as it stands so they have some depth or options if he were to decide to be a receiver.

I know, you like Fleck's upside over Creighton. 01-wingedeagle

Ferguson was touted as the next big WR when he came here, now he's hoping to catch on in the secondary. Big difference.

Slappie.
07-19-2014 11:49 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(07-19-2014 11:47 AM)Doo Wrote:  Creighton is a good coach and will have success there. However success at EMU is not defined the same way as most schools. I see something along these lines the next 5 years.

3-9
4-8
6-6
7-5
5-7

And then probably get dumped by a new AD or President that thinks a new coach could "take them to the next level", and because they are only averaging 10k at home games (forget that's a massive jump)

You think Dunn and Kathy will end up at EMU now?

I think Creighton will have immediate improvement at EMU and have some winning teams in the next season and after, only to move on to bigger and better things. It would follow his pattern.
07-19-2014 11:51 AM
Advertisement

bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
""The Factory?"

What is it with new MAC coaches with stupid ideas?
07-19-2014 12:31 PM
Doo Offline
1st String

MAC admins often seem drawn to "next big thing" or "quick fix" kinda sales pitches.
07-19-2014 12:58 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(07-19-2014 11:49 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Again, he started and played a lot as a freshmen, transferred due to the mess to LSU who tried to make him a WR. He'll be a starter at EMU most likely at QB. Impact. Plus, EMU is allright at the QB position as it stands so they have some depth or options if he were to decide to be a receiver.

I know, you like Fleck's upside over Creighton. 01-wingedeagle

Ferguson was touted as the next big WR when he came here, now he's hoping to catch on in the secondary. Big difference.

Slappie.

I can't speak for Fleck's upside. I do like WMU's upside over EMU. I don't put as much stock in Creighton as some do. The coach at UT didn't have a big resume, and he's done quite well. Some of that is coaching, but a lot of it is that UT is a solid program, that has had success. Creighton will suffer the same fate that every EMU coach has suffered. ATTRACTING TALENT. You can't build a program on homesick football hobos, you have to build it on HS recruits. This isn't hoops, where one player can turn a program around. High School kids will get a boner when they are first recruited by any school. It's that unofficial visit that EMU suffers with, along with a tradition of losing and a lack of bowl appearances. While few MAC schools garner TV coverage, EMU is at the bottom in that catagory in spite of being in a large media market. Kids showing up and finding they are playing before fewer fans than they did in HS, rarely getting on TV, having little or know media coverage, and playing in an uninspiring environment. It's just too hard of a sell. Furthermore, coaches depend on players to sell their program. I can't imagine an EMU player being a salesman for that program.

English had a pretty good resume when he came to EMU. He was able to secure a bunch of malcontent transfers and has some early success. But in the end it was the same ol same ol. Kids simply don't want to play there and unless their options are limited. Yes, the EMU people will cite their recent success against us, but there's a big difference and pulling an upset over a rival and putting together a winning season and getting to a bowl. They haven't come close in ages.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 01:35 PM by Chipdip2.)
07-19-2014 01:24 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(07-19-2014 08:05 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  A decade ago Central's program was in much worse shape than ours. They hired a proven winner as head coach (Kelly), increased their win total in first year, had winning season the next, won MAC and a bowl his third.

Eastern seems to be following that paradigm.

We didn't.

You act like WMU didn't pursue this type... they did. You know that. It didn't work out. Those candidates didn't want to come here. And as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather hire someone that wants to be here. Besides, this argument is almost 2 years old. It's time to let that crap go and move on.
07-19-2014 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.