Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Umpire Crew Suspended
Bookmark and Share
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
Umpire Crew Suspended
The umpiring crew that called the UL/TxSt series last weekend has received a three game suspension from the Sun Belt Office. The suspension stems from flagrant misrepresentation of the incident in which Cajuns Coach Tony Robicheaux was ejected and suspended [per NCAA regulations] during the Saturday contest won 10-3 by TxSt.

UL AD Scott Farmer sent in a review request along with substantial video evidence which refuted the bulk of the report submitted by the umpire crew.

Robicheaux will serve the remaining game of his suspension tonight against ASU, as that is an NCAA mandated suspension, and no appeal was filed to the NCAA.
05-02-2014 04:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

zeebart21 Offline
All American

RE: Umpire Crew Suspended
(05-02-2014 04:55 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  The umpiring crew that called the UL/TxSt series last weekend has received a three game suspension from the Sun Belt Office. The suspension stems from flagrant misrepresentation of the incident in which Cajuns Coach Tony Robicheaux was ejected and suspended [per NCAA regulations] during the Saturday contest won 10-3 by TxSt.

UL AD Scott Farmer sent in a review request along with substantial video evidence which refuted the bulk of the report submitted by the umpire crew.

Robicheaux will serve the remaining game of his suspension tonight against ASU, as that is an NCAA mandated suspension, and no appeal was filed to the NCAA.

What a bunch of tool bags. Cajuns won despite these morons.

Z
05-02-2014 05:53 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(05-02-2014 04:55 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  The umpiring crew that called the UL/TxSt series last weekend has received a three game suspension from the Sun Belt Office. The suspension stems from flagrant misrepresentation of the incident in which Cajuns Coach Tony Robicheaux was ejected and suspended [per NCAA regulations] during the Saturday contest won 10-3 by TxSt.

The right decision by the Sun Belt office. I hope this crew does not umpire in the SBC Tournament.
05-02-2014 06:09 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
We have some fine crews of umpires here in the SoCon this year :)
05-02-2014 06:11 PM

Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Im surprised he was even suspended he had a right to be in the umps face and the contact didn't sound intentional. Is it a mandatory thing?
05-02-2014 06:20 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(05-02-2014 06:20 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  Im surprised he was even suspended he had a right to be in the umps face and the contact didn't sound intentional. Is it a mandatory thing?

Incidental contact or not, automatic suspension. Two games per incident.
05-02-2014 07:12 PM
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cajuns
(05-02-2014 07:12 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 06:20 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  Im surprised he was even suspended he had a right to be in the umps face and the contact didn't sound intentional. Is it a mandatory thing?

Actually, the suspension is mandatory 4 games for any type of contact, incidental or not, with no appeal option.
05-02-2014 09:27 PM

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I had a running dialogue with the Cajun first base coach about this today. You guys get all the breaks. We have Razorback fans who openly admit they hate ASU calling our games and no one does a thing about it.
05-02-2014 09:28 PM
CajunAmos Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cajuns
(05-02-2014 09:28 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I had a running dialogue with the Cajun first base coach about this today. You guys get all the breaks. We have Razorback fans who openly admit they hate ASU calling our games and no one does a thing about it.

It helps a bunch when the game is broadcast. Tough to dispute video evidence.
05-02-2014 09:31 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(05-02-2014 09:27 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 07:12 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Actually, the suspension is mandatory 4 games for any type of contact, incidental or not, with no appeal option.

Actually, the suspension is a mandatory 2 games for any type of contact, incidental or not. Hudson claimed Robichaux bumped him twice, 2+2= 4 games!
05-02-2014 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.