Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Penn State Coaching Staff to Co-Host Football Camp with GSU Staff
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Penn State Coaching Staff to Co-Host Football Camp with GSU Staff
http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Penn...r-28438157

Quote:The entire coaching staff - including head coach James Franklin - will be on hand to work the Trent Miles Football Camp at Georgia State on Tuesday, June 10. The Nittany Lions coaches will work two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
05-02-2014 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Penn State Coaching Staff to Co-Host Football Camp with GSU Staff
(05-02-2014 03:32 PM)panama Wrote:  http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Penn...r-28438157

Quote:The entire coaching staff - including head coach James Franklin - will be on hand to work the Trent Miles Football Camp at Georgia State on Tuesday, June 10. The Nittany Lions coaches will work two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Is your coach really that stupid? He is going to give access to his recruits to a P5 program that has a long and good tradition and is trying to rebuild?
05-02-2014 03:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Re: RE: Penn State Coaching Staff to Co-Host Football Camp with GSU Staff
(05-02-2014 03:37 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 03:32 PM)panama Wrote:  http://pennstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Penn...r-28438157

Is your coach really that stupid? He is going to give access to his recruits to a P5 program that has a long and good tradition and is trying to rebuild?

Why would you do this?
05-02-2014 03:40 PM
asupatch Offline
2nd String

I Root For: APPY STATE!!
Penn State is coming to town?
I would take the following precautions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw&feature=kp
05-02-2014 03:43 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Yeah this is an odd move. I understand wanting the exposure of a P5...but bring them down for a nonconference game, don't invite them to a football camp.
05-02-2014 03:59 PM
panama Offline
Legend

Eh...not for nothing but are you competing with Penn State for any players?

Likely no...

Miles and Franklin go way back and its a quid pro quo. It will get players on campus who normally wouldnt come to camp at a G5 school and it gets Penn State a look in GA.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 04:05 PM by panama.)
05-02-2014 04:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-02-2014 04:05 PM)panama Wrote:  Eh...not for nothing but are you competing with Penn State for any players?

Likely no...

Miles and Franklin go way back and its a quid pro quo. It will get players on campus who normally wouldnt come to camp at a G5 school and it gets Penn State a look in GA.

You will be directly competing for them as soon as the Penn State staff sets foot in Georgia. If your coach does not think he is competing with P5 schools for recruits, then he will never be a successful G5 coach.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 04:11 PM by Vobserver.)
05-02-2014 04:10 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(05-02-2014 04:10 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:05 PM)panama Wrote:  Eh...not for nothing but are you competing with Penn State for any players?

Likely no...

You will be directly competing for them as soon as the Penn State staff sets foot in Georgia. If your coach does not think he is competing with P5 schools for recruits, then he will never be a successful G5 coach.

So you really think you're competing against LSU for a 4 star or even a 3 star? That should be an interesting stat.

Percentage of 4 stars that signed with a G-5 program.
05-02-2014 04:15 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

Re: RE: Penn State Coaching Staff to Co-Host Football Camp with GSU Staff
(05-02-2014 04:15 PM)panama Wrote:  

Likely no...

So you really think you're competing against LSU for a 4 star or even a 3 star? That should be an interesting stat.

We get kids that the Penn States overlook who should have been 4-stars.

But feel free to have Penn State come by and have a closer look at yours, lol.
05-02-2014 04:18 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(05-02-2014 04:18 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

Likely no...

Did you somehow think that if Franklin didn't come to Georgia State he wasn't coming to Georgia at all? Georgia is the #4 recruiting ground in the United States. Number 4! This is a silly conversation as if Penn State needs a visa to enter Georgia. He and every other P-5 staff east of the Mississippi is already here. If Penn State wants a guy they are going to get them.
05-02-2014 04:23 PM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Likely no...

Probably half of the Cajuns current roster had legitimate offers from P5 programs before committing to UL. Penn State isn't LSU. We are competing, and successfully against Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Miami, Nebraska and others for recruits.
05-02-2014 04:26 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Didn't Penn State get the Vanderbilt coach late in recruiting and they took just about every Vanderbilt recruit and left
them struggling to sign players.
Georgia State personally think you are making a huge mistake.
05-02-2014 04:27 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(05-02-2014 04:26 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  

Likely no...

Probably half of the Cajuns current roster had legitimate offers from P5 programs before committing to UL. Penn State isn't LSU. We are competing, and successfully against Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Miami, Nebraska and others for recruits.
Penn State used to be and should be LSU. Ole Miss and Miss State ok, I'll take your word. Miami? If a Miami coach is losing recruiting battles to Sun Belt schools he should be fired in the same way that if your coach cannot out recruit a CAA or SoCon school he should be fired.
05-02-2014 04:32 PM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-02-2014 04:32 PM)panama Wrote:  

Likely no...

Penn State used to be and should be LSU. Ole Miss and Miss State ok, I'll take your word. Miami? If a Miami coach is losing recruiting battles to Sun Belt schools he should be fired in the same way that if your coach cannot out recruit a CAA or SoCon school he should be fired.

Our coach isn't recruiting SoCon or CAA or Southland players. If yours is, he will never succeed.
05-02-2014 04:46 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(05-02-2014 04:46 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:10 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  You will be directly competing for them as soon as the Penn State staff sets foot in Georgia. If your coach does not think he is competing with P5 schools for recruits, then he will never be a successful G5 coach.

Our coach isn't recruiting SoCon or CAA or Southland players. If yours is, he will never succeed.
An I am guessing tha James Franklin is telling his fan base he isnt recruiting Sun Belt players...
05-02-2014 04:49 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

Likely no...

Kat, don't take his word for it, go to Louisiana.Scout.com and see for yourself.

Understand, its LOUISIANA.scout.com, not ulmwarhoax.com

Z
05-02-2014 05:56 PM
Advertisement

CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(05-02-2014 05:56 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:10 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  You will be directly competing for them as soon as the Penn State staff sets foot in Georgia. If your coach does not think he is competing with P5 schools for recruits, then he will never be a successful G5 coach.

Kat, don't take his word for it, go to Louisiana.Scout.com and see for yourself.

Understand, its LOUISIANA.scout.com, not ulmwarhoax.com

Z

LOL!!!! Big difference between those two sites!
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 06:13 PM by CrazyCajun.)
05-02-2014 06:11 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-02-2014 04:23 PM)panama Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:18 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

Likely no...

Did you somehow think that if Franklin didn't come to Georgia State he wasn't coming to Georgia at all? Georgia is the #4 recruiting ground in the United States. Number 4! This is a silly conversation as if Penn State needs a visa to enter Georgia. He and every other P-5 staff east of the Mississippi is already here. If Penn State wants a guy they are going to get them.

You misunderstand me, I am ALL in favor of this project. I think it will turn out great for you. lol
05-02-2014 06:40 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Will Georgia State be doing other preliminary recruiting for Penn State?
05-02-2014 06:56 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(05-02-2014 06:56 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Will Georgia State be doing other preliminary recruiting for Penn State?

02-13-banana
05-02-2014 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.