Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realignment Score Card
Bookmark and Share
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Realignment Score Card
Rank # 10 - Sun Belt

Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Idaho, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, South Alabama, Texas State, Troy

The Sun Belt can be considered a winner simply because it avoided the WAC's fate and is still breathing, even if it ended up taking on the WAC's two worst programs, Idaho and New Mexico State. There's at least some intrigue here: Louisiana-Lafayette may be a legit top-25 contender in 2014, and Appalachian State begins life as an FBS team with a trip to Ann Arbor in August

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/736...ec-big-ten
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 02:52 AM by GoApps70.)
05-01-2014 02:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
RE: Realignment Score Card
I think the SBC landed on its feet pretty well considering all the members it lost in such a short period of time. I think App St, GA St, TX St, and NM St are all excellent replacements for the members that were lost. Idaho is a good school, they just don't fit the geographical footprint of the SBC. Overall, I'd give the SBC a grade of B+ in realignment.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 02:55 AM by BRtransplant.)
05-01-2014 02:54 AM
GoApps70 Offline

(05-01-2014 02:54 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  I think the SBC landed on its feet pretty well considering all the members it lost in such a short period of time. I think App St, GA St, TX St, and NM St are all excellent replacements for the members that were lost. Idaho is a good school, they just don't fit the geographical footprint of the SBC. Overall, I'd give the SBC a grade of B+ in realignment.

Guess you didn't like Georgia Southern's addition to the SBC since you didn't mention them.
05-01-2014 06:03 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Had we held onto WKU! Bastards!!!!! We would be a better league on paper for sure!
05-01-2014 08:05 AM

Yosef Himself Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
Way better. I was excited to join thinking WKU would be so close... :(
05-01-2014 09:02 AM
Panthersville Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
(05-01-2014 02:21 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Rank # 10 - Sun Belt

Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Idaho, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, South Alabama, Texas State, Troy

The Sun Belt can be considered a winner simply because it avoided the WAC's fate and is still breathing, even if it ended up taking on the WAC's two worst programs, Idaho and New Mexico State. There's at least some intrigue here: Louisiana-Lafayette may be a legit top-25 contender in 2014, and Appalachian State begins life as an FBS team with a trip to Ann Arbor in August

That is simply a pre-season 2014 ranking of conferences, not a ranking of how well they faired in realignment. If it was that kingd of a ranking, the ACC would be at the top.
05-01-2014 09:30 AM
GoApps70 Offline

(05-01-2014 09:30 AM)Panthersville Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 02:21 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Rank # 10 - Sun Belt

That is simply a pre-season 2014 ranking of conferences, not a ranking of how well they faired in realignment. If it was that kingd of a ranking, the ACC would be at the top.

Why would the ACC be at the top? Because Notre Dame will play four games in the AAC? Remember they lost Maryland.
05-01-2014 09:39 AM

GoApps70 Offline

(05-01-2014 08:05 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  Had we held onto WKU! Bastards!!!!! We would be a better league on paper for sure!

Yeah. Think that's why some people wanted to take EKU. As much as to tick them off as anything.
05-01-2014 09:40 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(05-01-2014 09:40 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 08:05 AM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  Had we held onto WKU! Bastards!!!!! We would be a better league on paper for sure!

Yeah. Think that's why some people wanted to take EKU. As much as to tick them off as anything.

EKU is about location. To be honest out of all the schools that we lost I only want MTSU and WKU back. Even though I had a tremendous crush on Sadie Wells from FIU when I ran track at Louisiana. Those two schools were great!
05-01-2014 09:50 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
This site actually rates Sunbelt as 3rd best G5. http://g5conferencenews.blogspot.com/
05-01-2014 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.