Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Golden State players were prepared to boycott
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Golden State players were prepared to boycott
Did you guys hear about this?

According to the radio last night, the Golden State Warriors were going to boycott the playoffs if the NBA did not ban the owner for life.

Supposedly, they were going to allow the jump ball to go in the air and then walk off in protest.

That would have been awesome to watch.
04-30-2014 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Golden State players were prepared to boycott
It would have been remembered like this...

[Image: OLYMPICS-BLACK-POWER-SALU-008.jpg]
04-30-2014 10:54 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(04-30-2014 10:52 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Did you guys hear about this?

According to the radio last night, the Golden State Warriors were going to boycott the playoffs if the NBA did not ban the owner for life.

Supposedly, they were going to allow the jump ball to go in the air and then walk off in protest.

What did he do that was illegal?
04-30-2014 10:56 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(04-30-2014 10:56 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

As far as I know, nothing illegal was done. He may have violated some NBA regulations however.
04-30-2014 10:58 AM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
The all-white NBA team should boycott the playoffs for the blatant racism by the all-black teams.
04-30-2014 11:01 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

After reading his post several times...he never used the words legal or illegal...so whats your point?
04-30-2014 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(04-30-2014 11:01 AM)Jerry Falwell Wrote:  The all-white NBA team should boycott the playoffs for the blatant racism by the all-black teams.

What blatant racism are you speaking of?
04-30-2014 11:07 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

The people who are attempting to defend this man speaks volumes about their true feelings about race relations in this country.
04-30-2014 11:07 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(04-30-2014 11:05 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

After reading his post several times...he never used the words legal or illegal...so whats your point?
People want the man banned from the NBA... Is what he said right? No, but there was nothing illegal about it. The NBA can't strip him of ownership of his team nor can they ban him. Also if his sweet lil thing recorded him in the state of California without his knowledge, she's in deeper sh*t than he is.

Quote:The people who are attempting to defend this man speaks volumes about their true feelings about race relations in this country.
I'm not defending him for what he said, I'm looking at it from a legal aspect. The people who want to strip this man of everything he owns for a boneheaded comment, need to back up and think about all the comments they've ever made. Did the guy say something stupid, yep. No denying it, but to strip him of his team, that's not legal. If that's the case every politician that's said something remotely racist should be removed from office and banned from running in the any election, same goes for any movie star, athlete, teacher, or poster on a message board.
04-30-2014 11:47 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

Yeah, it would have been funny, but I bet an arena full of paying fans would have been pissed.
04-30-2014 11:49 AM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(04-30-2014 11:47 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

People want the man banned from the NBA... Is what he said right? No, but there was nothing illegal about it. The NBA can't strip him of ownership of his team nor can they ban him. Also if his sweet lil thing recorded him in the state of California without his knowledge, she's in deeper sh*t than he is.

Quote:The people who are attempting to defend this man speaks volumes about their true feelings about race relations in this country.
I'm not defending him for what he said, I'm looking at it from a legal aspect. The people who want to strip this man of everything he owns for a boneheaded comment, need to back up and think about all the comments they've ever made. Did the guy say something stupid, yep. No denying it, but to strip him of his team, that's not legal. If that's the case every politician that's said something remotely racist should be removed from office and banned from running in the any election, same goes for any movie star, athlete, teacher, or poster on a message board.

01-wingedeagle banning someone from the NBA or forcing sale of a franchise is covered by NBA bylaws...not the penal code...the NBA is within their rights to ban him and ask the board of governors to strip him of his franchise.

He asked her to record him...her title was as his "archivist"
04-30-2014 11:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU

Hired a prostitute.
04-30-2014 11:59 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-30-2014 11:07 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  The people who are attempting to defend this man speaks volumes about their true feelings about race relations in this country.

I think most folks feel he's a bigot, some just disagree on the punishment.
04-30-2014 11:59 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(04-30-2014 11:07 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  The people who are attempting to defend this man speaks volumes about their true feelings about race relations in this country.

People are defending him as a business owner, not for being a racist idiot.
04-30-2014 12:02 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(04-30-2014 11:57 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

01-wingedeagle banning someone from the NBA or forcing sale of a franchise is covered by NBA bylaws...not the penal code...the NBA is within their rights to ban him and ask the board of governors to strip him of his franchise.

If that's the case, well then they're within their rights, but only if it's written out.

Secondly, this is the first I've heard he asked her to record him.
04-30-2014 12:13 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(04-30-2014 12:13 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 11:57 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  01-wingedeagle banning someone from the NBA or forcing sale of a franchise is covered by NBA bylaws...not the penal code...the NBA is within their rights to ban him and ask the board of governors to strip him of his franchise.

If that's the case, well then they're within their rights, but only if it's written out.

It is in their bylaws, it's been covered in the other thread. However, I think that's a major over-reaction to what went down.
04-30-2014 12:15 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away

Donators
(04-30-2014 11:57 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 10:56 AM)gdunn Wrote:  What did he do that was illegal?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...z30OHYhwsv
04-30-2014 12:18 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
(04-30-2014 11:07 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 11:01 AM)Jerry Falwell Wrote:  The all-white NBA team should boycott the playoffs for the blatant racism by the all-black teams.

You're right. And colleges should only accept the "best" students too.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0883611.html

Quote:Reading Math Writing

Self-Identified as

Black or African-American 434 429 428

White 527 536 519
04-30-2014 12:19 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(04-30-2014 12:19 PM)Jerry Falwell Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 11:07 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

You're right. And colleges should only accept the "best" students too.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0883611.html

Quote:Reading Math Writing

Self-Identified as

Black or African-American 434 429 428

White 527 536 519

Nice try at changing the subject...
04-30-2014 12:20 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(04-30-2014 12:15 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 11:57 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  01-wingedeagle banning someone from the NBA or forcing sale of a franchise is covered by NBA bylaws...not the penal code...the NBA is within their rights to ban him and ask the board of governors to strip him of his franchise.

It is in their bylaws, it's been covered in the other thread. However, I think that's a major over-reaction to what went down.
I think the old b*stard was goaded into saying what he said.. But it's weird.. I mean he told her he didn't care what she did with any black guys, just don't bring them to his games. I wonder if it's because people know she's associated with him and he didn't want to be embarrassed or what. It's just odd.
04-30-2014 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.