WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CriMinalU talking out of both sides of their mouth
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
CriMinalU talking out of both sides of their mouth
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=340&f=2793&t=12620751
Quote:Yes, that's right. One of Dantonio's recruits has flipped...... a guard. Reportedly body slammed a campus security guard and has been arrested. Now that's a quality recruit.

A few months ago the slappies on Chimp Illy were bagging on Dantonio for recruiting a thug like Jayru Campbell from Cass Tech. To refresh your memory Jayru is the QB for Cass Tech, and recently body slammed a school security guard.

Now it seems that Jayru has paid a visit to CMU, and could end up there. Suddenly the same people who thought he was a piece of trash are now much more "understanding." Many feeling he deserves a second chance, that Mt. Pleasant could be the environment that could turn his life around.

But hey, if you can turn the other cheek when 7 team members kick a bar patron to death, you certainly can overlook a little body slamming of a school security guard...................

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=340&f=279...832952&p=1
Quote:I believe almost everyone deserves a second chance. Would love to see Enos be able to take this kid under his wing and get him set on the right path. He hopefully is taking the right steps towards being a better person and football should be secondary to him. I would love to see him in a Chips uniform as long as things can be worked out. Personally I believe his best option is to get as far away from Detroit and his people there. If Enos thinks he can change this young mans life I am all for it though.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 06:42 PM by Chipdip2.)
04-23-2014 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
RE: CriMinalU talking out of both sides of their mouth
Unbelievable that anyone would want him associated with their school. I saw the video and the kid is a plain thug. That's not even his only off-field incident. I don't care if he's got the talent to be the next Brett Favre, no way would I take a chance on him. I hope cmu doesn't either, given their track record with morally-questionable athletes.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 07:28 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
04-23-2014 07:28 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
I would not like to see him on Western's campus. That cheap, sucker punch to the security guard was horrifying.

Having said that, I hope Jayru does well with this opportunity and that he succeeds at CMU primarily in his off the field work.

I never like to see a kid mess up his life.
04-23-2014 07:34 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
He had already been suspended for the first game this coming season for throwing a punch and refusing to go through handshake line when his team was unexpectedly dumped from playoffs last Fall.
04-24-2014 07:29 AM
Advertisement

goldsworth Offline
1st String

(04-23-2014 07:28 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Unbelievable that anyone would want him associated with their school. I saw the video and the kid is a plain thug. That's not even his only off-field incident. I don't care if he's got the talent to be the next Brett Favre, no way would I take a chance on him. I hope cmu doesn't either, given their track record with morally-questionable athletes.

Wonder if msu has backed off this kid no matter where he ends up ,the college environment can't be good for him too much freedom and he has issues with self control
04-24-2014 05:30 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan
Yeah he's better off taking advantage of the litany of opportunities that exist for kids his age in Detroit...

Let's be honest he isn't the first nor will he be the last punk athlete to get a college scholarship. There are no virgins in intercollegiate athletics, all programs have taken their share over the years.
04-24-2014 08:28 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

(04-24-2014 08:28 PM)Liam9903 Wrote:  Yeah he's better off taking advantage of the litany of opportunities that exist for kids his age in Detroit...

Let's be honest he isn't the first nor will he be the last punk athlete to get a college scholarship. There are no virgins in intercollegiate athletics, all programs have taken their share over the years.

except at BYU.
04-25-2014 08:26 AM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
(04-25-2014 08:26 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  
(04-24-2014 08:28 PM)Liam9903 Wrote:  Yeah he's better off taking advantage of the litany of opportunities that exist for kids his age in Detroit...

except at BYU.

Dude BYU has had some of the craziest dudes make it through there some how. Current USC coach was a crazy partier in college he came to wmu and stayed with us for a week. He went to the same jc as one of my roommates. Jim McMahon also comes to kind.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2014 10:37 AM by Kimbosucks.)
04-25-2014 10:36 AM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
We used to always get California jc kids with molde. Bill Bye had great connections in California. He did all of our recruiting there. I played with several very good guys from California.
04-25-2014 10:39 AM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

Well there are a litany of opportunities that exist for kids his age in Detroit if they have the right stuff and the right attitude and numerous kids that fit the bill have taken advantage of them and done well for themselves
04-26-2014 03:20 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(04-26-2014 03:20 PM)goldsworth Wrote:  

Well there are a litany of opportunities that exist for kids his age in Detroit if they have the right stuff and the right attitude and numerous kids that fit the bill have taken advantage of them and done well for themselves

Like Ken Barma.
04-26-2014 03:35 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

^ Who's Ken Barma, and how is he example of above?
04-26-2014 03:43 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(04-26-2014 03:43 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  ^ Who's Ken Barma, and how is he example of above?

Dear MajorHoople,

If you google him, the top result is a post by our own ChipDip regarding the PSL poster.
04-26-2014 04:04 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Dear HillerOutatGL14,

Oh, you meant Ken BARNA with an 'n.'

Got it.
04-26-2014 04:18 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(04-26-2014 04:18 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Dear HillerOutatGL14,

Got it.

I saw my namesake at the gym about a month ago...wanted to introduce myself and tell him about when and why I made my username, but there wasn't really a non-loser way to broach the subject, so I just split.
04-26-2014 04:26 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(04-26-2014 04:26 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  
(04-26-2014 04:18 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Dear HillerOutatGL14,

Got it.

I saw my namesake at the gym about a month ago...wanted to introduce myself and tell him about when and why I made my username, but there wasn't really a non-loser way to broach the subject, so I just split.

Good call!
04-27-2014 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.