Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Spring Game
Bookmark and Share
t1g3rz84 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: THE TIGERS!
Spring Game
Spring Blue Gray Game was great this year. I loved the return to a real game format. I had my doubts on the 4 20 minutes quarters but it seemed just perfect. Quite a bit of competition down on the field and enjoyable from the bleachers.

It was a great atmosphere, it was great improvement seeing it under the lights at the Liberty Bowl!

It appeared to me to be one of the biggest turnouts in quite some time for a spring game.

Another big step forward for the team and their fans.

One happy football fan. :) Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 12:34 AM by t1g3rz84.)
04-12-2014 12:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerbluejs Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: Spring Game
How was Lynch's throwing motion? Did anyone notice any difference?
04-12-2014 03:25 AM
Pressed Rat Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
04-12-2014 07:31 AM
89tiger Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis
Lynch had a few good passes in the game. The best one was an over the shoulder pass down the sideline for about a 20 yard game. He also had some quick passes in the middle of the field for 5-10 yard gains. In the relaxed format, there weren't a lot of deep passes and the few that they did were off. The punter on the blue team needs some work, but the one on the gray squad had some decent punts. One of the other quarterbacks (Scott I believe) had some nice quarterback keepers and showed some nice mobility in the scramble.
04-12-2014 07:39 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
Lynch had 2 big deep throws...one was an amazing catch by #87 I think....the other was either to Craft or Malone and was perfectly thrown. Offense looked very sharp with more throwing and a good hurry up game
04-12-2014 08:27 AM
SNF6 Offline
Go To Hell Ole Miss

I Root For: Vol Free USA
Best crowd in several years. Tiger Lane had a tremendous atmosphere.

Lynch's throwing mechanics are much better.
04-12-2014 08:39 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Out of towners like me enjoy reading about the experence from Tiger fans. Given the multitude of events in Memphis Friday night and the team's recent struggles, the turnout was remarkable. Kudos to Tiger Nation. 04-cheers
04-12-2014 08:47 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(04-12-2014 08:27 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  Lynch had 2 big deep throws...one was an amazing catch by #87 I think....the other was either to Craft or Malone and was perfectly thrown. Offense looked very sharp with more throwing and a good hurry up game

Were there less dropped passes that plagued us last year?
04-12-2014 08:48 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Beautiful night and the best Blue-Gray Game atmosphere that I have seen in a long time. Fuente is changing the culture of Tiger football in more ways than one.
04-12-2014 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches
(04-12-2014 08:47 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Out of towners like me enjoy reading about the experence from Tiger fans. Given the multitude of events in Memphis Friday night and the team's recent struggles, the turnout was remarkable. Kudos to Tiger Nation. 04-cheers

Same here. I had my doubts about a night BG game but the idea grew on me after considering how the stadium looks at night and I enjoy night games more than day games.
Nice to hear there was a good turn out by the Tiger faithful. You can just see the steps the program is taking and where that path points and that brings a big smile to this tiger fan's face. Go Tigers!
04-12-2014 08:58 AM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
I told you all that My man, Paxton Lynch was gonna be the starter Again, and is gonna be a Superstar all due time....He has everything it takes to be a big time QB like the Mannings.....Also Brayden Scott is coming along nicely.....Donald Pennington is gonna become a real beast this year on d-Line....Derek Howard is really picking it up trying to get in the 2 deep at Linebacker....Chris Morley, Bakari Hollier really pushing on Bobby McCain, and Andrew Gains....Walters doing a Great job with our Corners and its showing, and should become a strength along with D-Line and Linebacker is greatly Improved.....The World Is Ours Memphis....Oh and Taylor Fallin and Phillip Sumpter are gonna be big this year for this team...
04-12-2014 09:10 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
What do we have for kickers this year?
04-12-2014 09:32 AM
ItsDude Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-12-2014 09:32 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  What do we have for kickers this year?

The kicker looks like a future All American to me....not sure about this year's punter?
04-12-2014 09:47 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(04-12-2014 09:47 AM)ItsDude Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 09:32 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  What do we have for kickers this year?

The kicker looks like a future All American to me....not sure about this year's punter?

You are right about the young kicker back from last year. The new punters, who are replacing maybe the best we ever had, seem to have strong legs. Several punts had impressive distance and hang time - others not so much. I have a feeling that punting won't be quite as essential this year as in the past.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 10:00 AM by Gray Avenger.)
04-12-2014 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

the commercial appeal estimated the crowd at 7400

the lower seating area (backed seats) was filled from endzone to endzone

and the upper seats was filled to about the top of the blue benches

best crowd i have seen for the spring game

(almost equal to some local sec schools)
04-12-2014 10:12 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

(04-12-2014 08:48 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 08:27 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  Lynch had 2 big deep throws...one was an amazing catch by #87 I think....the other was either to Craft or Malone and was perfectly thrown. Offense looked very sharp with more throwing and a good hurry up game

I don't remember seeing any egregious ones (I was there with 3 kiddos so I can't be sure). Cross was very involved, I thought. Team looked very fast. If we employ the hurry up offense we played with in the Spring game, it will be a much different look than last year. One thing that surprised me was the little burn that Scott got at QB. He is maybe our 3rd but probably 4th option
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 10:21 AM by tigerjamesc.)
04-12-2014 10:18 AM
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

(04-12-2014 10:18 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  

I don't remember seeing any egregious ones (I was there with 3 kiddos so I can't be sure). Cross was very involved, I thought. Team looked very fast. If we employ the hurry up offense we played with in the Spring game, it will be a much different look than last year. One thing that surprised me was the little burn that Scott got at QB. He is maybe our 3rd but probably 4th option

Did Scott throw the ball well?
04-12-2014 10:39 AM
eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches
(04-12-2014 10:25 AM)NJ1 Wrote:  17 of 20 is pretty good both for receivers and QB

A definite pat on the back for both and gives hope that the dropitis may be behind the WR crew.
04-12-2014 10:48 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

(04-12-2014 10:39 AM)Crazier Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 10:18 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  

Did Scott throw the ball well?
Really didn't play enough to judge well
04-12-2014 12:09 PM
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
WR"S are gonna be big and Rotating a lot this year with Craft, Malone and Craig, Jones with Breakouts for Daniel Hurd and Star in the making Kyle Wilson from Sandy Creek GA who redshirted last year and between him and Hurd have the most upside of all of our Wideouts.....Gonna do BIg things this year and Paxton Is gonna have a coming out party....He is Working harder and harder everyday, and Stays in the Film room when not practice or studying.....Brayden Scott will get his just not just yet, with the way Paxton is coming on.....Watch out for Robert Davis, Cortez Crosby and Donald Pennington this year as well.....One Dream , One Team , Memphis...All for one, One for all, All for Memphis....The World Is Ours Memphis....
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 12:27 PM by tigerscane.)
04-12-2014 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.