WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Defense
ITalian83i Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WMU
Defense
So we were horrible against the run last year. Does anyone know if the kid Ash from Michigan is a done deal? With the new LBs, the guys coming back from injury and the new DL, I would have to think we will be way better. Secondary should be a major strength again, but getting a pass rush is a concern. Thoughts?
04-08-2014 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
RE: Defense
Freshman linebackers are rarely good out the gate screens, draws, option and passing game are a difficult transitions.
04-08-2014 10:29 AM
ITalian83i Offline
2nd String

(04-08-2014 10:29 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  Freshman linebackers are rarely good out the gate screens, draws, option and passing game are a difficult transitions.

JC guys should and will be ready to play out of the gates. Austin Lewis returns with a year to get bigger and stronger and Brant is back off of injury. We need one or two of the following Jakevin Jackson, Jason Silva, and true freshman Robert Spillane to really step in ready to make plays. Silva and Jackson should give us some legit size as well.
04-08-2014 10:41 AM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I'm pretty sure the U-M transfer is a done deal. Still, the line will be very young and inexperienced in the fall. Expect to see freshmen getting playing time. The D-line has been changing so much both throughout the season and the offseason and it will change even more before the first game. As for how productive the unit will be, it's an unknown right now.

LBs I think will get a good boost with 2 JC transfers and guys like Brant coming back from injury.

Secondary will be just as solid if not more so. Celiscar, Zamort, Currie, Atkins...all experienced playmakers.
04-08-2014 12:21 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(04-08-2014 12:21 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the U-M transfer is a done deal. Still, the line will be very young and inexperienced in the fall. Expect to see freshmen getting playing time. The D-line has been changing so much both throughout the season and the offseason and it will change even more before the first game. As for how productive the unit will be, it's an unknown right now.

LBs I think will get a good boost with 2 JC transfers and guys like Brant coming back from injury.

Secondary will be just as solid if not more so. Celiscar, Zamort, Currie, Atkins...all experienced playmakers.

Who is the scUM guy you speak of?
04-08-2014 06:50 PM
Advertisement

jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-08-2014 06:50 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 12:21 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the U-M transfer is a done deal. Still, the line will be very young and inexperienced in the fall. Expect to see freshmen getting playing time. The D-line has been changing so much both throughout the season and the offseason and it will change even more before the first game. As for how productive the unit will be, it's an unknown right now.

Richard Ash
04-08-2014 06:52 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

5th yr senior DT Richard Ash. 6'3" 310 lbs.

Was a 4-star player coming out of HS.
04-08-2014 06:57 PM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

Ok. Lost me. Thought we were still talking lbs
04-08-2014 08:00 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(04-08-2014 06:57 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  

5th yr senior DT Richard Ash. 6'3" 310 lbs.

Appeared in 14 games while at UM and made his first career tackle against OSU last season.
04-09-2014 09:15 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(04-09-2014 09:15 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 06:57 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  5th yr senior DT Richard Ash. 6'3" 310 lbs.

Appeared in 14 games while at UM and made his first career tackle against OSU last season.

You're not wrong, but look at it like this:

2 years ago, we got 5th yr transfer OG John Deyo from MSU. Mostly played special teams there, became a solid starter for us the year he was here.

Last year, we got 5th yr transfer LB Mike Jones from U-M who mostly played special teams there. Again, he turned out to be solid starter here.

I predict the same will happen again with Ash, and we desperately need size and depth on the D-line so I will gladly welcome him. He's no all-star, but would be a starter on any MAC team.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 10:31 AM by ColinApocalypse.)
04-09-2014 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.