Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Parking Situation on SBC Campuses
Bookmark and Share
CrimsonPhantom Offline
A WAC Sheriff!

I Root For: NM State
Parking Situation on SBC Campuses
Who charges for parking for sporting events on campus? If so whats the fee?

For NMSU parking is free. There are areas for Athletic club members who get a pass to park closer.
04-03-2014 11:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Parking Situation on SBC Campuses
Parking for UL is both free, and paid. Premium on site parking is paid, and you have to be a member of the RCAF. no not the Royal Canadian Air Force, but the Ragin Cajun Athletic Foundation. The free parking is no more than a ten minute walk or less to any sport.
04-03-2014 11:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
Parking on USA campus is free. You have to have a parking pass to park at Ladd Stadium for football games. You can park at the mall and take a shuttle instead for $2.50 round trip.
04-03-2014 11:31 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

(04-03-2014 11:31 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Parking on USA campus is free. You have to have a parking pass to park at Ladd Stadium for football games. You can park at the mall and take a shuttle instead for $2.50 round trip.

So the parking around the basketball arena is first come first served, or do you have to be member of some booster group to get the best parking?

My parking at Cajun Field has no cost, but comes with RCAF and season tickets. I got neither and I get to park elsewhere, same for basketball.

Damn near a hundred acres around Cajun Field is considered premium parking with hundreds of paid tailgating areas. You need that even if you are not currently getting it
04-03-2014 11:37 PM

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
ASU Has Premium parking for Football and Basketball that can be purchased by Season Ticket Holders. Regular patrons can park for free, but must park farther from the stadium. People complain about it yearly in basketball because the Premium lot is often empty, yet no one can park in it without a parking pass.
04-03-2014 11:41 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

simple solution, get season tickets and they got all kinds of premium near by parking.
04-03-2014 11:46 PM
WKUYG Away
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
ULM parking is free at the basketball arena but be warned ....the parking lot is so messed up it's like driving over a million little bumps

ASU had $10 parking in the field down from the stadium on the home side...AVOID it! park for free at the basketball arena and it will/could be a closer walk. If you get there early they will direct you to the back of the lot. I don't know if it's legal but if you find a open spot you can pull right off the road onto the grass. There are some pay lots off E Johnson Rd also.

UL-L free parking at the basketball arena and a easy walk under the tunnel to the visitor side

Texas St we used handicap parking and parked in the lot right beside the stadium on the visitor side cost us $10. There are other lots by the stadium and across the street by the rail road tracks

USA will scare the crap out of some people because of the neighborhood. Pay no attention to it because you and your car will be safe. If you have a handicap pass you can park in the lot right by the stadium. My wife had to stay at the hotel because her back was hurting so I didn't feel right about using it. We parked for $5 about two blocks away in a lot with a guard. There's a ton of houses that open their yards for parking...mostly $10 close to the stadium.

GSU was $5 right across from the stadium in a private lot. You can park in the event lot for $10 but it's a farther walk

Troy was a pay lot but I can't remember the cost I'm going to say $5 and it was a long walk..on second thought that was behind the stadium we found a lot with in a 1/2 block in front of the stadium for $10
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 12:03 AM by WKUYG.)
04-03-2014 11:48 PM

Tiguar Offline
1st String

(04-03-2014 11:37 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 11:31 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  Parking on USA campus is free. You have to have a parking pass to park at Ladd Stadium for football games. You can park at the mall and take a shuttle instead for $2.50 round trip.

So the parking around the basketball arena is first come first served, or do you have to be member of some booster group to get the best parking?

My parking at Cajun Field has no cost, but comes with RCAF and season tickets. I got neither and I get to park elsewhere, same for basketball.

Damn near a hundred acres around Cajun Field is considered premium parking with hundreds of paid tailgating areas. You need that even if you are not currently getting it

parking at the mitchell center parking requires season tickets or a donor or something
04-03-2014 11:51 PM
WKUYG Away
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(04-03-2014 11:51 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  

parking at the mitchell center parking requires season tickets or a donor or something

For the last 2 years we parked at the Mitchell Center for the WKU basketball game

As a matter of fact we parked for free at UL-L, ULM, ASU, UALR, Troy, GSU, TXST, UTA for basketball.... some of those were in lots that said permit only and yes we asked first. UTA has a nice free parking garage right beside the arena so does GSU
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 11:58 PM by WKUYG.)
04-03-2014 11:53 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

You have to be a member of the Dugout Club to park in the lot directly in front of Stanky Field. You have to have a parking pass to park directly in front of the Mitchell Center. But there is a ton of parking spots around to find a spot and the walk isn't far.

From Mitchell Center Website:
Parking is available in all areas surrounding the Mitchell Center for special events. There are 450 parking spaces on the immediate site of the facility. There are 2,000 spaces located within a 5-minute walk and an additional 2,000 parking spaces within a 10-minute walk.
04-03-2014 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.