Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's nice and all that UConn won but...
chrisiskingx Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
the Money is what I'm most happy about. Read an article last year saying that making it to the Final 4 gets the conference about 10 Million!

HashtagRollinginCash HashtagESPNgivesusMOREOFTHAT
03-30-2014 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
RE: It's nice and all that UConn won but...
The boost to conference prestige will eventually help bring in even more money, not to mention help recruiting for all AAC schools. Congratulations, Huskies and thanks!! 04-cheers
03-30-2014 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
sorta makes that tv contract thingy look like a much smaller problem now. bcs champ and a final four team. not too shabby for a first year conference.
03-30-2014 07:29 PM
Bones N Skulls Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ECU
I'm pulling for the huskies to win the whole damn shootin' match!
03-30-2014 07:39 PM
oasispirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
Definitely pulling for UCONN to cut down the nets!
03-30-2014 07:40 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
You welcome boys. We been doing the same for all the BE schools for years. I hope we got 2 more games in us. Regardless, it has been an amazing year for our program and coach Ollie. It will definitely help recruiting.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 07:43 PM by SF Husky.)
03-30-2014 07:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chrisiskingx Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
Unreal that Ollie was able to make something out of UConn with Calhoun leaving
03-30-2014 07:43 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(03-30-2014 07:42 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  You welcome boys. We been doing the same for all the BE schools for years. I hope we got 2 more games in us. Regardless, it has been an amazing year for our program and coach Ollie. It will definitely help recruiting.

Most accurate post of the day....

1) The Big East splitting schools were taking in money that was being made by all sports schools like UConn, Louisville, and Syracuse. UConn is just doing what they did in years prior.

2) Ollie is a clear "successful" successor to Calhoun...and being an alum can lead to the continuity that is necessary for big time programs. UConn is a big time program and, for some reason, was taken lightly by the committee (as was Kentucky) who are looking way too much at some numbers off a computer and not basing decisions based on what we all saw.
03-30-2014 07:48 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

Are credits earned based on one credit for one appearance? Or do additional ones accrue the further you go? Or does it pay more per credit the further you go?
03-30-2014 08:51 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(03-30-2014 08:51 PM)ultraviolet Wrote:  Are credits earned based on one credit for one appearance? Or do additional ones accrue the further you go? Or does it pay more per credit the further you go?

It is kind of funny how little ECU fans know about NCAA tourney credits...
03-30-2014 08:54 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-30-2014 07:26 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  The boost to conference prestige will eventually help bring in even more money, not to mention help recruiting for all AAC schools. Congratulations, Huskies and thanks!! 04-cheers

Wish that this would be true, but it is not. Do you think Louisville winning the national championship last year helped UCF's recruiting? Will UConn's run this year help Tulsa's? I don't think kentucky's reent NCAA championship helped Georgia's recruiting that much.
03-30-2014 08:54 PM
Advertisement

dwalker85 Offline
Go Tigers Go!

I Root For: Memphis
[Image: 47902460.jpg]
03-30-2014 08:57 PM
ECMAN79 Offline
All American

(03-30-2014 08:54 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  
(03-30-2014 07:26 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  The boost to conference prestige will eventually help bring in even more money, not to mention help recruiting for all AAC schools. Congratulations, Huskies and thanks!! 04-cheers

Wish that this would be true, but it is not. Do you think Louisville winning the national championship last year helped UCF's recruiting? Will UConn's run this year help Tulsa's? I don't think kentucky's reent NCAA championship helped Georgia's recruiting that much.

i don't know but I'm sure Lebo and his assistants will be like "just picture yourself playing against the defending national champions here in a packed raucous Minges.......picture hitting the winning shot against them....doesn't that sound exciting?"......... sure beats alternative scenarios....
03-30-2014 09:03 PM
UConnFB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UConn

Sure didn't help most of the Catholic 7. They have mostly sucked since the 80s, and Carnesecca isn't walking through that door.
03-30-2014 09:09 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
What is East Carolina's record against Cincinnati, Louisville and Memphis? Okay, I think you have your answer to your speculation about the impact of UConn's success on ECU's recruiting.
03-30-2014 09:10 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

(03-30-2014 09:10 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  What is East Carolina's record against Cincinnati, Louisville and Memphis? Okay, I think you have your answer to your speculation about the impact of UConn's success on ECU's recruiting.

What a flawed logic. It's easier to get recruits to come play if they think they're playing in a big time basketball league. It just takes actual effort to get them. If you're a recruit and hear "come play in front of xyz socon team" or "come play at ECU against teams like Memphis and UConn" I think I would go for the ECU. Plus we're actually throwing coal in the basketball furnace...previously we were just letting it sit there.

What's Vandy or UK's record against the SEC in football? Hell if I know, but I'm sure it's not good and they still get great recruits.
03-30-2014 09:15 PM
Advertisement

UConnFB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UConn
(03-30-2014 09:10 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  What is East Carolina's record against Cincinnati, Louisville and Memphis? Okay, I think you have your answer to your speculation about the impact of UConn's success on ECU's recruiting.

Maybe if a school had an enterprising coach like Calhoun who sold UConn as an opportunity to play the very best it might benefit them.

But most likely if you have a scrub program, then you will stay a scrub program.

Cincy, Memphis and SMU will definitely benefit.
03-30-2014 09:16 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

It definitely doesn't hurt our recruiting, but it doesn't help as much as the boost in exposure well get. Remember, C-USA 1.0 was a good basketball league, but the AAC is at a whole new level for ECU because for the first time our basketball games will have good distribution. That plus our new practice facility will help out in recruiting more than anything else.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
03-30-2014 09:17 PM
Tulsafanzz Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa

I'm not sure you could say UCONN's final four run directly helps Tulsa's recruiting, but the AAC's overall reputation does help.

A recent article out of Florida quoted Tulsa signee, Mitchell Wilbekin (Scottie's little brother), as saying the 2 things that led him to sign with Tulsa was Coach Danny Manning & the AAC. He said the AAC is a major basketball conference & he wanted to play in a major conference.
03-30-2014 09:22 PM
Fred Matt Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston/ECU
Big props to UConn. Been rooting for them, Cincinnati, and Memphis throughout the tournament not expecting any to get through.

Very pleased that the AAC will potentially have the national champ in 2014.
03-30-2014 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.