Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Online
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
Our AD, T. Kleinlein, has a monthly segment when he answers questions about Ga. Southern athletics. A question was asked today about the Sun Belt meetings in New Orleans a week or so ago.

He said the conference has voted to expand to add a 12th fb playing school. He said a 12th school would help the conference not only in having a championship game but also in all the olympic sports in reducing travel also. He said conference was in process right now of identifying potential members for the conference.

So maybe I jumped the gun a little by saying earlier that there would be no expansion by June 1. Our AD did not say we would expand by then but he clearly says expansion is going to occur and the conference has voted to add a 12th FB playing school.
03-21-2014 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Sun Belt Conference votes to expand
(03-21-2014 02:39 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Our AD, T. Kleinlein, has a monthly segment when he answers questions about Ga. Southern athletics. A question was asked today about the Sun Belt meetings in New Orleans a week or so ago.

He said the conference has voted to expand to add a 12th fb playing school. He said a 12th school would help the conference not only in having a championship game but also in all the olympic sports in reducing travel also. He said conference was in process right now of identifying potential members for the conference.

So maybe I jumped the gun a little by saying earlier that there would be no expansion by June 1. Our AD did not say we would expand by then but he clearly says expansion is going to occur and the conference has voted to add a 12th FB playing school.

Good news!?!
03-21-2014 02:44 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
Not really any news.

It's pretty obvious we are going to expand to 12 eventually. When is the question.
03-21-2014 02:45 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA/FSU/UWF/KSU
Missouri State!!!!!!
03-21-2014 02:47 PM

slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Well at least we know the goal isn't just sitting at 11.
03-21-2014 02:51 PM
Brokeback Flamer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tight ends
(03-21-2014 02:45 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  Not really any news.

It's pretty obvious we are going to expand to 12 eventually. When is the question.

I'm not sure how obvious. There were several people on this board saying the SBC doesn't need to expand and have a Championship game. There's a whole thread about it.
03-21-2014 02:52 PM
GaSoEagle Online
Heisman

Yep. We know now we are evaluating schools and we are going to 12. The only question is whether it will be before June 1 of this year. I think if we don't add a 12th this year it is almost a given that we will before next year.
03-21-2014 02:54 PM

slycat Offline
Heisman

The main thing out of this is that the football school will be oly as well. No mention of another non football to get NMSU, add NMSU alone, or add a football only and then the NMSU oly.
slycat Offline
Heisman

(03-21-2014 02:54 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Yep. We know now we are evaluating schools and we are going to 12. The only question is whether it will be before June 1 of this year. I think if we don't add a 12th this year it is almost a given that we will before next year.

We said that last year 03-lmfao
GaSoEagle Online
Heisman

I think if JMU would have been willing to join last year we probably would have 12. Fast forward a year later and I can see the Sun Belt moving on past JMU if they still don't want to join.
03-21-2014 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.