Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realistically what would it take to get 2 SBC teams in NCAA in bball?
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Realistically what would it take to get 2 SBC teams in NCAA in bball?
I have read many posts on how to improve Sun Belt basketball from who to invite to rules about non-D1 games to scheduling guidelines.

But for a 2nd SBC team to get invited what kind of resume would the #2 team have to have? What kind of RPI would possibly get a 2nd team in?
03-20-2014 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Realistically what would it take to get 2 SBC teams in NCAA in bball?
(03-20-2014 09:54 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I have read many posts on how to improve Sun Belt basketball from who to invite to rules about non-D1 games to scheduling guidelines.

But for a 2nd SBC team to get invited what kind of resume would the #2 team have to have? What kind of RPI would possibly get a 2nd team in?

rpi below 40
Have a 16-3 confrenence record and at least two quality OOC wins (one being a top 25 ranked team)

If GSU would have not sucked it up during OOC they would have gotten a invite this year
03-20-2014 10:01 PM
CrushMI Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(03-20-2014 09:54 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I have read many posts on how to improve Sun Belt basketball from who to invite to rules about non-D1 games to scheduling guidelines.

Lookup 2013. MT & WKU both get in
03-20-2014 10:03 PM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

Next year the Belt plays a 20 game conference schedule. That only leaves 8 game or so to schedule. Hopefully the entire league will step up scheduling better. We at Ga. Southern strongly need to stop all this non-D1 game scheduling.
03-20-2014 10:06 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I forgot about last year. That's right MTSU playing in the games at Dayton, but it does show 2 SBC teams can happen.
03-20-2014 10:09 PM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
(03-20-2014 10:09 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I forgot about last year. That's right MTSU playing in the games at Dayton, but it does show 2 SBC teams can happen.

WKU won the conference tourney in 2008 and USA received an at large bid. Both USA and MTSU followed the same pattern for the at-large: play a good out of conference schedule, WIN some of those out of conference games, don't lose too much in league play, finish with a good RPI.
03-20-2014 10:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.