Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Has Barry Switzer Lost It?
Bookmark and Share
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Just a day after raising eyebrows by calling Johnny Manziel an "arrogant little prick" on a St. Louis radio station, Barry Switzer is back in the headlines, this time for saying he would never recruit a white quarterback.

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/fo...ack-022714
02-28-2014 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eaglessoar20021 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The GSU Eagles
RE: Has Barry Switzer Lost It?
He's only speaking the truth. Ask Troy Aikman. I have no problem with what he stated. I've always like Barry. Very colorful guy.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 02:30 PM by Eaglessoar20021.)
02-28-2014 02:28 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Barry lost it years ago. He's an idiot. As long as Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are white, I'll take QB's of any color.
02-28-2014 02:32 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I so much wanted to play QB for him.
Guess it will never happen now that he is discriminating against me.
02-28-2014 02:34 PM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(02-28-2014 02:28 PM)Eaglessoar20021 Wrote:  He's only speaking the truth. Ask Troy Aikman. I have no problem with what he stated. I've always like Barry. Very colorful guy.

Me too. And Barry's got wayyy more bonafides and room to opinionate than a lot of people who like to spout off about sports. Including me and most posters on messageboards.
02-28-2014 02:35 PM
Advertisement

Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
He is such a goober
02-28-2014 02:59 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I'll agree with him about Manziel, but don't know what he's talking about not taking a white QB
02-28-2014 03:15 PM
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-28-2014 03:15 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  I'll agree with him about Manziel, but don't know what he's talking about not taking a white QB

I would take the QB from Central Florida in a NY minute. Switzer is talking out of his butt.
02-28-2014 03:17 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I still think Manziel is the next Tony Romo. He plays better out of the pocket. But in the NFL its not as easy and leads to injuries.
02-28-2014 03:23 PM
Advertisement

Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-28-2014 03:23 PM)slycat Wrote:  I still think Manziel is the next Tony Romo. He plays better out of the pocket. But in the NFL its not as easy and leads to injuries.

A better comparison would be to Doug Flutie.
02-28-2014 03:27 PM
GoApps70 Offline

Guess us whites are just not good enough.
02-28-2014 03:33 PM
nsavandal09 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: I-D-AHO!
(02-28-2014 02:35 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  
(02-28-2014 02:28 PM)Eaglessoar20021 Wrote:  He's only speaking the truth. Ask Troy Aikman. I have no problem with what he stated. I've always like Barry. Very colorful guy.

Me too. And Barry's got wayyy more bonafides and room to opinionate than a lot of people who like to spout off about sports. Including me and most posters on messageboards.

He coached at Oklahoma, therefore he's allowed to be blatantly racist? You can't be serious.

So he's saying he wouldn't want Tom Brady? Peyton Manning? John Elway? Joe Montana? Brett Farve? Dan Marino? Johnny Unitas? Steve Young? Troy Aikman? Drew Brees? This from the brilliant mind that produced Brian Bosworth and horribly managed Marcus Dupree.
02-28-2014 03:51 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(02-28-2014 03:23 PM)slycat Wrote:  I still think Manziel is the next Tony Romo. He plays better out of the pocket. But in the NFL its not as easy and leads to injuries.

if he was the next Tony Romo then I sure wouldn't be picking him in the first round
02-28-2014 04:02 PM
Advertisement

Brokeback Flamer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tight ends
(02-28-2014 01:04 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Just a day after raising eyebrows by calling Johnny Manziel an "arrogant little prick" on a St. Louis radio station, Barry Switzer is back in the headlines, this time for saying he would never recruit a white quarterback.

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/fo...ack-022714

Well he did run the option at OU where your QB is basically a RB. I do wonder if he'd have gone after Tebow since he's white and would have been perfect for his system
But to bring white/black into it just sounds like a guy desperate to be relevant
03-01-2014 08:25 AM
gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(02-28-2014 04:02 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

if he was the next Tony Romo then I sure wouldn't be picking him in the first round

03-lmfao You must be a Cowboys fan.
03-01-2014 09:59 AM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(02-28-2014 03:51 PM)nsavandal09 Wrote:  

He coached at Oklahoma, therefore he's allowed to be blatantly racist? You can't be serious.

So he's saying he wouldn't want Tom Brady? Peyton Manning? John Elway? Joe Montana? Brett Farve? Dan Marino? Johnny Unitas? Steve Young? Troy Aikman? Drew Brees? This from the brilliant mind that produced Brian Bosworth and horribly managed Marcus Dupree.

I'm honestly puzzled as to how what Switzer said is racist.

I don't see "I wouldn't recruit a white quarterback" as being evil, same as I don't see Tom Brady running Switzer's Oklahoma wishbone.
Too slow. I bet he wouldn't go there if Switzer did try to recruit him.

Same with Marino, Farve, Montana, Elway -- maybe Elway could've handled it. Steve Young was a good athlete, too.
Manning? Hell no. Brees, uh-uh. Aikman, doubt it.
Unitas? The guy couldn't run a 40 in two days, let alone a wishbone offense.
So why is it racist to be honest?
Switzer didn't say he was going to burn white quarterbacks at the stake or keep them from eating in team meetings or make them sit in the back of the bus, he said he wouldn't recruit one.

So what? That doesn't make the man George Wallace in reverse.

PS Switzer has three national titles. How many you got?
03-04-2014 05:28 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(03-04-2014 05:28 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  

I don't see "I wouldn't recruit a white quarterback" as being evil, same as I don't see Tom Brady running Switzer's Oklahoma wishbone.

Same with Marino, Farve, Montana, Elway -- maybe Elway could've handled it. Steve Young was a good athlete, too.
Switzer didn't say he was going to burn white quarterbacks at the stake or keep them from eating in team meetings or make them sit in the back of the bus, he said he wouldn't recruit one.

Just because he is talking poorly about whites doesn't mean it's not racist. Believe it or not there can be racism towards whites and that's what happened... So I guess whites are now generalized as a less physically able race then other races? Sounds pretty racist to me to put one race as superior to another in anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-04-2014 05:47 PM
Advertisement

slycat Offline
Heisman

(02-28-2014 04:02 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

I say it because early on Romo was wild out of the pocket and threw wild pass up that were caught. I was scoring lot of points and getting a ton of yards. Then people figured him out and Jason Garrett wanted him to be more of a pocket passer. He has struggled. Manziel plays the same way. He throws up a wild ball or runs with the ball far from his body. If he makes the play hes a hero, the best the world has seen. When he fails hes an idiot who threw a stupid pass. It echos Romo. Hero and villian in the game doing the same thing.

Manziel showed that when he is kept in the pocket hes not quite as good. Hes better when he improvs on the fly. Thats a lot more difficult to get away with in the NFL.

He has a shot at being great or just average. Just like Romo.
03-04-2014 06:06 PM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Shouldn't matter what color they are.. Unless they are Purple (FURMAN) or Green 03-lmfao

One of my favorites of all time.... RIP Mitch. 01-swc You are missed.
03-04-2014 06:07 PM
Florida Red Wolf Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(03-04-2014 05:28 PM)gsu95 Wrote:  

I'm referring your question to Jimmy "the Greek". Please stand by.
03-05-2014 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.