Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
AAC
I think that the American Athletic Conference should buy the Conference USA name from them.
02-08-2014 10:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
RE: AAC
I think you should go play in traffic.
02-09-2014 01:41 AM
1st String

I Root For:
North: Army, Buffalo, Connecticut, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Massachusetts, Navy, Temple
South: Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, Rice, South Florida, Southern Methodist, Tulane, Tulsa
03-28-2014 03:40 AM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Go away
03-28-2014 02:59 PM
1st String

I Root For:
That's not nice JHG722. I think you need a girlfriend.
03-29-2014 02:58 AM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Go away.
03-29-2014 02:08 PM
UConnFB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UConn
(02-08-2014 10:36 PM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  I think that the American Athletic Conference should buy the Conference USA name from them.

Why? It's not like many people can tell a difference anyways.
03-31-2014 09:43 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
I would offer to buy the name if I was Aresco. Hell, TV announcers don't even like saying American Athletic Conference. Instead they say, "UConn plays in something called the American." LOL
03-31-2014 10:54 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(03-31-2014 10:54 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  I would offer to buy the name if I was Aresco. Hell, TV announcers don't even like saying American Athletic Conference. Instead they say, "UConn plays in something called the American." LOL

...and the announcers rarely say the name UAB at all on television. Go back to the alphabet soup conference board.
04-01-2014 12:27 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-01-2014 12:27 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(03-31-2014 10:54 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  I would offer to buy the name if I was Aresco. Hell, TV announcers don't even like saying American Athletic Conference. Instead they say, "UConn plays in something called the American." LOL

...and the announcers rarely say the name UAB at all on television. Go back to the alphabet soup conference board.

Awwwwww......

[Image: th?id=HN.608010250711271609&pid=15.1]
04-01-2014 02:50 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
CUSA is now completely filled with Sunbelt teams. The name has dropped in value and prestige in my opinion.
04-01-2014 04:50 PM
1st String

I Root For:
American = Old Conference USA
Conference USA = Old Sun Belt
Sun Belt = Old Southland
Southland = Old Gulf South
04-01-2014 11:58 PM
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
People can say that the AAC is just the old CUSA reformed, but that isn't true. The AAC plucked out CUSA's best teams and left the deadweight behind. Houston and SMU have proud histories in the Southwest Conference, but CUSA was holding them both back. ECU has had a great football program for years, but CUSA was holding them back. Memphis has had amazing basketball for years, but CUSA was holding them back. UCF is the country's second largest university with arguably the most rapidly rising football program... once again, CUSA was holding them back.

I know that the reality of it will cause some butthurt amongst current CUSA members, but the AAC is a fairly large step up. Swapping out UAB, UTEP, and Marshall for UConn, Cincinnati, and USF is huge for the former CUSA members and the AAC's TV exposure blows CUSA away.

However, trolls will be trolls. Troll on. 03-nutkick
04-02-2014 11:31 AM
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-02-2014 11:31 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  People can say that the AAC is just the old CUSA reformed, but that isn't true. The AAC plucked out CUSA's best teams and left the deadweight behind.

I can relate to this. This is what the ACC did to the Big Ea...eeerrr AA....eeeerr whatever y'all are or used to be.
04-12-2014 09:59 PM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(04-02-2014 11:31 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  People can say that the AAC is just the old CUSA reformed, but that isn't true. The AAC plucked out CUSA's best teams and left the deadweight behind. Houston and SMU have proud histories in the Southwest Conference, but CUSA was holding them both back. ECU has had a great football program for years, but CUSA was holding them back. Memphis has had amazing basketball for years, but CUSA was holding them back. UCF is the country's second largest university with arguably the most rapidly rising football program... once again, CUSA was holding them back.

I know that the reality of it will cause some butthurt amongst current CUSA members, but the AAC is a fairly large step up. Swapping out UAB, UTEP, and Marshall for UConn, Cincinnati, and USF is huge for the former CUSA members and the AAC's TV exposure blows CUSA away.

However, trolls will be trolls. Troll on. 03-nutkick

Excellent post, and coming from a Memphis fan, you are spot on. And by the way, congrats on another national championship for both your men and women's BB teams.
04-13-2014 10:30 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

(04-12-2014 09:59 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:31 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  People can say that the AAC is just the old CUSA reformed, but that isn't true. The AAC plucked out CUSA's best teams and left the deadweight behind.

I can relate to this. This is what the ACC did to the Big Ea...eeerrr AA....eeeerr whatever y'all are or used to be.

The only thing you can relate to is, which conference your dead beat, no one cares about team belongs to. Even with Memphis gone, UAB didn't even come close to winning a very watered down CUSA. Ya'll, which few of you there are should be ashamed not even being able to compete in such a crappy conference. Par for the course I guess.
04-13-2014 10:39 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-13-2014 10:39 AM)wylioats Wrote:  

The only thing you can relate to is, which conference your dead beat, no one cares about team belongs to. Even with Memphis gone, UAB didn't even come close to winning a very watered down CUSA. Ya'll, which few of you there are should be ashamed not even being able to compete in such a crappy conference. Par for the course I guess.

Always taking things personally even when it is the truth. Take time away from messageboards and get a life in which you don't act so grumpy and old dude.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 07:12 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
04-14-2014 07:11 PM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

(04-14-2014 07:11 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 10:39 AM)wylioats Wrote:  

Always taking things personally even when it is the truth. Take time away from messageboards and get a life in which you don't act so grumpy and old dude.

Get a life? Dude, if you only knew. I don't take anything on any of these message boards personally. Just like to rattle the cage of some of you delusional UAB fans just to see who'll bite. And look who bit (no surprise). Maybe you're the one who needs not to take message boards so personally, and not act all grumpy and old anytime someone talks a little smack toward UAB. Ya'll really are a funny little lot. Oh, and by the way, my life has 18 holes of golf scheduled for Tuesday, Wednsday, and Friday of this week, while you'll probably be on these message boards defending the honor of good old UAB. Have a great week dude and try not to take things so personally. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 11:01 PM by wylioats.)
04-14-2014 10:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.