Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For Panama: Series documenting building of Kennesaw State Football to air on CSS
Bookmark and Share
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
Exclamation For Panama: Series documenting building of Kennesaw State Football to air on CSS
05-stirthepot

Panama, why did you not tell us about this TV special? This is some serious pub. 04-cheers

http://web.kennesaw.edu/news/stories/ser...ll-air-css

Series documenting building of Kennesaw State Football to air on CSS
12-27-2013 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: For Panama: Series documenting building of Kennesaw State Football to air on CSS
Nice! I see a bright future in football for Kennesaw State. Could be a be a future SBC member.
12-27-2013 02:33 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

RE: For Panama: Series documenting building of Kennesaw State Football to air on CSS
But that would be a third SBC member in the state of Georgia, if people are going to complain about 3 in Alabama, they had better complain about 3 in Georgia.
12-27-2013 02:54 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(12-27-2013 02:54 PM)Usajags Wrote:  But that would be a third SBC member in the state of Georgia, if people are going to complain about 3 in Alabama, they had better complain about 3 in Georgia.

While I'm not in support of KSU...

Georgia has only 4 FBS teams to Alabama's 5

Also

Alabama population 4,822,000

Georgia population 9,920,000
12-27-2013 02:59 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(12-27-2013 02:33 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  Nice! I see a bright future in football for Kennesaw State. Could be a be a future SBC member.

i'm down for it. all in on the kennesaw state fighting kennessawians.

don't forget to bring eku in first. they're bona fide. they're a suitor. (said in the voice of wharvey girls)
12-27-2013 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
LOL!

Best Troll Thread Award For 2013.

Got in just under the wire...LOL

Really cut you think that that school that cant get their start-up started is coming to the SBC

In all seriousness. Good for them. Its our Centennial and nobody figured out to buy time on PBS and run the well made videos celebrating 100 years of GSU
http://100.gsu.edu/

http://vimeo.com/53890672

http://vimeo.com/53945920

http://vimeo.com/53951826

http://vimeo.com/58041302

http://vimeo.com/53975446

http://vimeo.com/57401368

http://vimeo.com/53964317

http://vimeo.com/57401282

http://vimeo.com/58041390
12-27-2013 04:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-27-2013 02:59 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(12-27-2013 02:54 PM)Usajags Wrote:  But that would be a third SBC member in the state of Georgia, if people are going to complain about 3 in Alabama, they had better complain about 3 in Georgia.

Also

You do realize that Kennesaw is basically a suburb of Atlanta, right???
12-27-2013 04:28 PM
Dman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
yeehaw kennesaw!!!
12-27-2013 04:51 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(12-27-2013 04:28 PM)Usajags Wrote:  
(12-27-2013 02:59 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  

Also

You do realize that Kennesaw is basically a suburb of Atlanta, right???

Since I've lived in the Atlanta area my whole life what do you think?

What's your point?
12-27-2013 11:39 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Hard to imagine a four part special on a football team that hasn't played a game yet.
Did anyone actually see these four episodes? Was it @ Kennesaw State more than football?
12-28-2013 06:31 AM
panama Offline
Legend

Kennesaw will not even be the top FCS school in this state much less smell FBS. Mercer is going to be the class of FCS for years to come. Meanwhile when does Kennesaw start? I forget since the moved the date twice already that I know of. So we are supposed to believe that they, cash strapped as they are, will somehow find money to turn their soccer stadium into an FBS stadium, if that is even possible? That does not even begin to take into account the other amenities that by 2020 wil be regarded as FBS standard. All kidding aside, Kennesaw is where Georgia State was in say 1985. There is nothing in their student body or in their alumni base to indicate they will she'll out the necessary dollars for FBS football.
12-28-2013 06:37 AM
Advertisement

Dman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
"That does not even begin to take into account the other amenities that by 2020 will be regarded as FBS standard. "

What would that be?
12-28-2013 07:47 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
(12-28-2013 06:37 AM)panama Wrote:  Kennesaw will not even be the top FCS school in this state much less smell FBS. Mercer is going to be the class of FCS for years to come. Meanwhile when does Kennesaw start? I forget since the moved the date twice already that I know of. So we are supposed to believe that they, cash strapped as they are, will somehow find money to turn their soccer stadium into an FBS stadium, if that is even possible? That does not even begin to take into account the other amenities that by 2020 wil be regarded as FBS standard. All kidding aside, Kennesaw is where Georgia State was in say 1985. There is nothing in their student body or in their alumni base to indicate they will she'll out the necessary dollars for FBS football.

I look at GA St. trying to compete t the FBS level as a good comparison to KSU competing at the FCS level, actually I think KSU can be successful quicker. If you don't think KSU will be good at the FCS level what does that mean for you.
12-28-2013 07:52 AM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I think Georgia State should reach out to Kennesaw State and schedule two games at Georgia State's venue. How about it Panama?
12-28-2013 11:53 AM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

(12-28-2013 06:37 AM)panama Wrote:  Kennesaw will not even be the top FCS school in this state much less smell FBS. Mercer is going to be the class of FCS for years to come. Meanwhile when does Kennesaw start? I forget since the moved the date twice already that I know of. So we are supposed to believe that they, cash strapped as they are, will somehow find money to turn their soccer stadium into an FBS stadium, if that is even possible? That does not even begin to take into account the other amenities that by 2020 wil be regarded as FBS standard. All kidding aside, Kennesaw is where Georgia State was in say 1985. There is nothing in their student body or in their alumni base to indicate they will she'll out the necessary dollars for FBS football.

"Mercer is going to be the class of FCS for years to come."

Why would Mercer be the class of FCS for years to come?
12-28-2013 11:55 AM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-28-2013 11:55 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  

"Mercer is going to be the class of FCS for years to come."

Why would Mercer be the class of FCS for years to come?

Have money.
Built stadium and field house in 13 seconds.
Won 10 games (all-time startup record) in YEAR ONE
Have no instate recruiting competition except Kennesaw and Savannah State.
Have support (Averaged 9379 per game for #17 in FCS in a stadium with capacity of 6000)
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2013 12:47 PM by panama.)
12-28-2013 12:42 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(12-28-2013 11:53 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  I think Georgia State should reach out to Kennesaw State and schedule two games at Georgia State's venue. How about it Panama?

Our future schedules are getting full. If anything we need to be scheduling some big boy programs in Da Doooooome. 03-wink
12-28-2013 12:45 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-28-2013 07:52 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  

I look at GA St. trying to compete t the FBS level as a good comparison to KSU competing at the FCS level, actually I think KSU can be successful quicker. If you don't think KSU will be good at the FCS level what does that mean for you.
Sorry but we didnt push back our start year 2 or 3 times. We didnt have trouble finding money to build a field house/practice complex. Our HC has been talking about a S&C Center for football only in the practice complex all season. In November we get a gift for $1M towards that. As for KSU's success in FCS. I do not doubt they can be eventually. This IS Georgia. So the recruits are there. More succesful than GSU was? We were hardly there.

2010 Independent
2011 FCS Independent
2012 FCS CAA (FBS Transitional Year One)
2013 FBS SBC (FBS Transitional Year Two)

We have only been around 4 years and were only post season eligible one of those years. As CTM has said, there isnt a history of losing here because there isnt a history. So KSU will have a chance to establish a history in FCS. However, Mercer is running their plan way better than KSU at this point. I just have a hard time believing that a program with an existing stadium, that has had this much trouble starting FCS football, has any hope at FBS in the next 15 years.
12-28-2013 12:58 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-28-2013 07:47 AM)Dman Wrote:  "That does not even begin to take into account the other amenities that by 2020 will be regarded as FBS standard. "

What would that be?

Football only S&C, Indoor Practice Facility...

Its already starting to happen even at the G5 level. In another decade you can add athletics dining hall to that.
12-28-2013 01:01 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-28-2013 06:31 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Hard to imagine a four part special on a football team that hasn't played a game yet.
Did anyone actually see these four episodes? Was it @ Kennesaw State more than football?

Not that hard to imagine. We had that in 2009-10 except on ESPN
12-28-2013 01:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.