Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2014 Football Coaching Changes - Follow The Money
Bookmark and Share
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
2014 Football Coaching Changes - Follow The Money
2014 will see several new FBS football coaching changes. This is the time of the year for it.
Not everything but believe a lot of moves can be understood through following the money.

$5,545,852 is what Saban is making and Alabama is trying to give him a raise anticipating keeping him
from going to Texas if Mack Brown is forced to resign. But Texas has been paying Saban almost exactly the same amount.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/salaries/

Jim Grobe left Wake Forest a few days ago and Bowling Green’s Dave Clawson just took over. Clawson was only making $400,000 at Bowling Green. Pete Lembo, Ball State coach, was the only other considered candidate. $2,251,635 was the previous salary of Grobe at Wake.
http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/foo...l?mode=jqm

Some good salaries being paid by some Sun Belt teams compared to other schools. But still a lot of potential money out there.

$2,148,000 is what Boise State was paying Chris Peterson before he left. So that's @ three times what Bryan Harsin has been making at stAte, $724,597.

NDSU's coach Bohl went to Wyoming the other day, but will still coach NDSU through the FCS playoffs. $1,200,000 was what Wyoming's old coach ,Dave Christensen, was making. Reports had Bohl making @ $400,000 at NDSU.

In general MAC coaches are not making nearly as much as the top Sun Belt paychecks. Which is a good sign for the future of the SBC.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 12:56 PM by GoApps70.)
12-11-2013 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

RE: 2014 Football Coaching Changes - Follow The Money
From the Scoop
"Texas: Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter Stefan Stevenson reports tonight that "Source close to Texas executive council of regents says Nick Saban will be the next Longhorns coach." Simply fascinating to watch this unfold..."

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop
12-11-2013 01:08 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(12-11-2013 01:08 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  From the Scoop
"Texas: Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter Stefan Stevenson reports tonight that "Source close to Texas executive council of regents says Nick Saban will be the next Longhorns coach." Simply fascinating to watch this unfold..."

Alabama should hire Malzahn.
12-11-2013 01:39 PM
GoApps70 Offline

Not sure that Auburn should be too concerned with losing their coach just yet.
With Gus Malzahn making $2,440,000 per year could be a huge jump in salary if it happened.
However:

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker
says:

Alabama: According to NFL.com's Gil Brandt, Nick Saban is in contract negotiations
with Alabama for an extension and a salary around $7 million a year.

Texas: Texas AD Steve Patterson says, "Mack Brown has not resigned and no decisions have been made."

Sounds like Saban might stay at Alabama if money is the main thing and not being the head coach at Texas.
Timing for a raise is certainly working in Saban's favor, especially since losing to Auburn and the National Championship recently.
$7,000,000 per year for a head football coach. Looks like ten million will be here soon.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 02:30 PM by GoApps70.)
12-11-2013 02:20 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Saban to Texas 10 year $8.4 million. Saban is a program builder, Texas is down by their standards.
12-11-2013 05:07 PM
Advertisement

NashvilleEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga. Southern
Looks like our coach needs a raise.
12-11-2013 05:14 PM
GoApps70 Offline

When you read back in the Scoop, sounds like Bryan Harsin was not the first choice of Boise State.

"Boise State: Sources confirm to us that Bryan Harsin will be the new head coach at Boise State. Update> ESPN and others confirming the same now. Steven Godfrey reports that Koetter "had hesitations and a formal offer was made to Harsin last night."

Boise State: Sources tell us Dirk Koetter is working out the details but we have not yet confirmed. Update >> Boise State's Rivals site (as well as numerous other outlets) is reporting that Bryan Harsin has reportedly withdrawn from the search process. Also, Jeff Tedford has interviewed for the job as well. 4pm ct Update> Sources tell us its down to Tedford and Koetter. We were told to expect resolution tonight. "
12-11-2013 05:29 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
(12-11-2013 12:46 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  2014 will see several new FBS football coaching changes. This is the time of the year for it.
Not everything but believe a lot of moves can be understood through following the money.

$5,545,852 is what Saban is making and Alabama is trying to give him a raise anticipating keeping him
from going to Texas if Mack Brown is forced to resign. But Texas has been paying Saban almost exactly the same amount.

Jim Grobe left Wake Forest a few days ago and Bowling Green’s Dave Clawson just took over. Clawson was only making $400,000 at Bowling Green. Pete Lembo, Ball State coach, was the only other considered candidate. $2,251,635 was the previous salary of Grobe at Wake.

Some good salaries being paid by some Sun Belt teams compared to other schools. But still a lot of potential money out there.

$2,148,000 is what Boise State was paying Chris Peterson before he left. So that's @ three times what Bryan Harsin has been making at stAte, $724,597.

NDSU's coach Bohl went to Wyoming the other day, but will still coach NDSU through the FCS playoffs. $1,200,000 was what Wyoming's old coach ,Dave Christensen, was making. Reports had Bohl making @ $400,000 at NDSU.

In general MAC coaches are not making nearly as much as the top Sun Belt paychecks. Which is a good sign for the future of the SBC.

Based upon the results and looking at the chart, I think Joey Jones salary should be raised to $500,000.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 05:22 AM by FloridaJag.)
12-11-2013 05:40 PM
GoApps70 Offline

Thought this was the team Georgia Southern signed a home and home with,
but that's actually Western Michigan.

EMU has had terrible attendance for years, but Pepsi buys enough tickets to keep their 15,000
attendance mark every couple of years. Some MAC posters claim about 4,500 actual attendances.
Would not look forward to coaching situation like that. Not sure if their previous coach lost his job
or just escaped.

Eastern Michigan University has named Chris Creighton as its head football coach.
Creighton comes from Des Moines, Iowa's Drake University where he lead the Bulldogs as their head coach since 2007.

6-5 in the Pioneer Football League last year.
Overall Drake Record: 38-17-1
12-12-2013 04:48 AM
Advertisement

BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
Coker at UTSA is extremely underpaid. I imagine that he'll get either a nice raise, or a better paying job after this year.
12-12-2013 07:25 AM
Florida Red Wolf Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
(12-11-2013 12:46 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  2014 will see several new FBS football coaching changes. This is the time of the year for it.

ASU's salary is actually understated as other benefits are not included such as a $million home with expenses, and outside income.
12-12-2013 09:34 AM
GoApps70 Offline

Scoop:

Boise State: Bryan Harsin's agreement is five years / $6.5 million. Harsin will be paid $1 million in each of first two years. Boise State is paying the $1.75 million buyout to Arkansas State. The total salary pool is estimated at $2.2 million. (h/t @IDS_BroncoBeat for the info).
12-12-2013 10:10 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Yeah, ASU coaches get a house and two personal vehicles as part of the contract. And they have Misti Brady as a next door neighbor... (Really good except that odd day when John goes out to get the morning paper.)
12-12-2013 10:16 PM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

(12-12-2013 10:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Yeah, ASU coaches get a house and two personal vehicles as part of the contract. And they have Misti Brady as a next door neighbor... (Really good except that odd day when John goes out to get the morning paper.)
If every coach moves after a year, maybe it's the neighborhood.
Wives get jealous.
12-12-2013 10:30 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-12-2013 10:30 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 10:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Yeah, ASU coaches get a house and two personal vehicles as part of the contract. And they have Misti Brady as a next door neighbor... (Really good except that odd day when John goes out to get the morning paper.)
If every coach moves after a year, maybe it's the neighborhood.
Wives get jealous.

One of our radio guys got on Twitter page yesterday and asked Brady if he was throwing any loud parties or anything because the neighbors keep leaving...
12-13-2013 12:39 AM
GoApps70 Offline

The Four Finalist for NC Central Head Coach
Connell Maynor - WSSU Head Coach
Dawson Odums - Southern U Head Coach (NCCU alum)
James Spady - Tight Ends Coach at Nevada (former NCCU o-line coach under Rod Broadway)
Jerry Mack - Wide Receivers Coach at South Alabama
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013 03:19 PM by GoApps70.)
12-13-2013 03:18 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!

she looks like a freakin' tranny.

and this is coming from a guy who would cull very little. when we're sitting around the office and see a woman and it inevitably turns to 'would you hit that' i said yes so many times they made rules for me that i could only comment on negatives. the yes is a given.

i remember your folks going kookoo for koko puffs about her in the past. not seeing it.
12-14-2013 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(12-14-2013 12:38 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  

she looks like a freakin' tranny.

and this is coming from a guy who would cull very little. when we're sitting around the office and see a woman and it inevitably turns to 'would you hit that' i said yes so many times they made rules for me that i could only comment on negatives. the yes is a given.

i remember your folks going kookoo for koko puffs about her in the past. not seeing it.

IIRC, John Brady once coached high school ball in my hometown of Crowley, Louisiana. And yeah, I checked out a pic or two of the wife, she's got man-hands.....04-jawdrop
12-14-2013 12:53 PM
GoApps70 Offline

Scoop says:

Alabama: Kirk Herbstreit reports that Nick Saban "has agreed" to a multi-year extension. Details to come... And Alabama has now announced they have "concluded a long term agreement" to keep Nick Saban in T-Town. The Strip will be rocking tonight. Update: TideSports.com reports Saban will now make between $7 million and $7.5 million.
12-16-2013 04:31 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(12-16-2013 04:31 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Scoop says:

Alabama: Kirk Herbstreit reports that Nick Saban "has agreed" to a multi-year extension. Details to come... And Alabama has now announced they have "concluded a long term agreement" to keep Nick Saban in T-Town. The Strip will be rocking tonight. Update: TideSports.com reports Saban will now make between $7 million and $7.5 million.

Some schools don't even spend $7.5 million on their football programs.
12-16-2013 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.