Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Temple
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Temple
I didn't like they way the school was treated since the football was moving into a new stadium. That was rude.
06-18-2006 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Re: Temple
David Krysakowski Wrote:I didn't like they way the school was treated since the football was moving into a new stadium. That was rude.

01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
:banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned: :banned:
07-06-2006 07:38 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Re: Temple
David Krysakowski Wrote:I didn't like they way the school was treated since the football was moving into a new stadium. That was rude.

lmfao
07-08-2006 12:40 PM
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Temple
Both Buffalo and Temple have better records than Notre Dame this season.
10-17-2007 09:03 PM
Wavebacker Offline
All American

I Root For: Toolane.....
Temple is better off in the MAC. They won four games this year and have a good coach in place who's sticking around ( for now ).
01-03-2008 11:47 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
They're not worthy. They're not worthy. 04-bow
01-10-2008 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
David do you chew peyote buttons? 04-jawdrop
02-02-2008 11:13 AM
TBONE61 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WVU

TEMPLE ---- 01-wingedeagle
02-09-2008 04:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
1st String

I Root For:
How are they suppose to sell tickets if the teams they are playing are so far away?
03-04-2008 03:32 PM
Advertisement

gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
David Krysakowski Wrote:How are they suppose to sell tickets if the teams they are playing are so far away?

Philadelphia is closer to Michigan and ohio than ohio st is to wisconsin,minnesota and illinois and yet osu sells tickets.
Since Temple has a better record than ND maybe the BIG 10 would be interested. 03-banghead03-lmfao
10-29-2008 09:53 AM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-04-2008 03:32 PM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  How are they suppose to sell tickets if the teams they are playing are so far away?

Not going to use OSU or Mich.

But, Try C-USA Utep vs. ECU 1900 miles and we still sell tickets! Come on, it's called winning, try it.03-nutkick
08-20-2010 11:20 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Temple got screwed, they go 8-4 (didn't they beat UConn this season?) and not get a bowl invite, with all these mediocre 6-6 teams getting in? That's garbage! By the way, I think Temple would be a great fit in Conference USA, especially where football and basketball are concerned (UAB and Temple sounds like a rivalry in the making). Don't they have a hockey team, too? If so, that might pose a problem.

Anyway, I'm sorry that Temple got left out of the bowl picture, that's not right...
12-07-2010 12:28 AM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(12-07-2010 12:28 AM)Matrix Wrote:  Temple got screwed, they go 8-4 (didn't they beat UConn this season?) and not get a bowl invite, with all these mediocre 6-6 teams getting in? That's garbage! By the way, I think Temple would be a great fit in Conference USA, especially where football and basketball are concerned (UAB and Temple sounds like a rivalry in the making). Don't they have a hockey team, too? If so, that might pose a problem.

Anyway, I'm sorry that Temple got left out of the bowl picture, that's not right...

Well yes and no. Temple got screwed by not getting an out and out invite after going 8-4. But Temple was in the running for the New Orleans Bowl that went to Ohio. Temple's problem is two fold. First it plays in the very weak MAC. Second it lost two games in conference in the very weak MAC. An 8-4 Temple with four OOC losses gets a bowl. Finally, if Temple was known for packing its stadium or traveling well, that bowl would have gone for them over Ohio.
12-09-2010 11:29 PM
Advertisement

vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
None of the MAC schools are "known" for traveling, with the possible exception of Central Michigan, and then only when they are playing in Detroit against a Big Ten Team in the Motor City Bowl.
12-14-2010 09:09 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(12-09-2010 11:29 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  
(12-07-2010 12:28 AM)Matrix Wrote:  Temple got screwed, they go 8-4 (didn't they beat UConn this season?) and not get a bowl invite, with all these mediocre 6-6 teams getting in? That's garbage! By the way, I think Temple would be a great fit in Conference USA, especially where football and basketball are concerned (UAB and Temple sounds like a rivalry in the making). Don't they have a hockey team, too? If so, that might pose a problem.

Well yes and no. Temple got screwed by not getting an out and out invite after going 8-4. But Temple was in the running for the New Orleans Bowl that went to Ohio. Temple's problem is two fold. First it plays in the very weak MAC. Second it lost two games in conference in the very weak MAC. An 8-4 Temple with four OOC losses gets a bowl. Finally, if Temple was known for packing its stadium or traveling well, that bowl would have gone for them over Ohio.

We lead the MAC in attendance this year...
12-18-2010 08:21 PM
mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

(12-18-2010 08:21 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(12-09-2010 11:29 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  

We lead the MAC in attendance this year...

I understand that. Also I think your attendance is respectable considering you have no local in conference rival and your not in a BCS conf. I know Philly is a pro sports town that likes big time games. Temple in the ACC or back in the BE would mean twice as many fannies in seats at your games. Still, if Temple was averaging 10,000 more for MAC games and bringing several thousand to away games, the NO Bowl would have been yours.
12-19-2010 11:07 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2010 11:07 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  I understand that. Also I think your attendance is respectable considering you have no local in conference rival and your not in a BCS conf. I know Philly is a pro sports town that likes big time games. Temple in the ACC or back in the BE would mean twice as many fannies in seats at your games. Still, if Temple was averaging 10,000 more for MAC games and bringing several thousand to away games, the NO Bowl would have been yours.

You realize the team we lost out to for the NO Bowl was Ohio, who's in the MAC, right? Attendance had nothing to do with it. They picked Ohio because they beat us. We would've likely had just as many, if not more fans in New Orleans. If you're talking at large versus 6-6 BCS teams, I can understand that, and won't argue with you, but the NO Bowl had 0 to do with attendance. And like I said, we brought 20K fans to our Bowl Game last year and had terrific ratings locally.
12-20-2010 01:30 AM
Advertisement

mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

(12-20-2010 01:30 AM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(12-19-2010 11:07 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  I understand that. Also I think your attendance is respectable considering you have no local in conference rival and your not in a BCS conf. I know Philly is a pro sports town that likes big time games. Temple in the ACC or back in the BE would mean twice as many fannies in seats at your games. Still, if Temple was averaging 10,000 more for MAC games and bringing several thousand to away games, the NO Bowl would have been yours.

You realize the team we lost out to for the NO Bowl was Ohio, who's in the MAC, right? Attendance had nothing to do with it. They picked Ohio because they beat us. We would've likely had just as many, if not more fans in New Orleans. If you're talking at large versus 6-6 BCS teams, I can understand that, and won't argue with you, but the NO Bowl had 0 to do with attendance. And like I said, we brought 20K fans to our Bowl Game last year and had terrific ratings locally.

Yes, I know that Ohio is in the MAC and that they beat you. That was the Tuesday night game on one of the ESPNs. The NO Bowl was free to pick either team to fill an open slot. What I read on your Scout board was they went with Ohio, because Ohio promised to guarantee a larger ticket allotment.
12-21-2010 11:35 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2010 11:35 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  What I read on your Scout board was they went with Ohio, because Ohio promised to guarantee a larger ticket allotment.

That was completely unconfirmed.
12-22-2010 02:08 AM
victory engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: ']['emple
simply not true...
12-22-2010 09:04 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.