Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Toledo Tough"? I call bulls**t
Bookmark and Share
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
"Toledo Tough"? I call bulls**t
Hey next season whenever the pick a slogan for Rocket football maybe they can come up with something honest. Tough teams don't fade in the second half which is exactly what Campbell's teams have done in big games both seasons now. Please spare me the excuses as i am tired of hearing them. this team almost blew leads against BG and Navy and Buffalo. Northern kicked our butts--congrats to the Huskies. I know I will get heat for saying this but our football program is in decline. We used to win championships; now we have become the automatic 3rd place team in the West Division. I am sick of hearing about how Campbell is some up & coming talent who has put together a great young staff and signs the "best" recruiting classes in the MAC. Bull crap. Get it done on the field. I bit my tongue when O'Brien gave that contract extension to Campbell mid-season...why? What has he accomplished that should be REWARDED? Mediocre shouldn't necessarily cost him his job but it is not to be encouraged, either. His record against the two teams in the division that matter is now 0-4. Congrats.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 11:55 PM by bcunn3128.)
11-20-2013 11:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

I Root For: TD's wit a shot

Crappies
RE: "Toledo Tough"? I call bulls**t
(11-20-2013 11:38 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Hey next season whenever the pick a slogan for Rocket football they can come up with something honest. Tough teams dont fade in the second half which is exactly what Campbell's teams have done in big games both seasons now. Please spare me the excuses as i am tired of hesring them. this team almost blew leads against BG and Navy and Buffalo. Northern kicked our butts--congrats to the Huskies. I know I will get heat for saying this but our football program is in decline. We used to win championships; now we have become the automatic 3rd place team in the West Division. I am sick of hearing about how Campbell is some up & coming talent who has put together a great young staff and signs the "best" recruiting classes in the MAC. Bull crap. Get it done on the field. I bit my tongue when O'Brien gave that contract extension to Campbell mid-season...why? What has he accomplished that should be REWARDED? Mediocre shouldn't necessarily cost him his job but it is not to be encouraged, either. His record against the two teams in the division that matter is now 0-4. Congrats.

I agree with you in principal... but, i have a couple thoughts... 1. i saw many examples of flags that should have been thrown... the refs were terrible... normally, the flags are thrown against Toledo at Toledo, in this case there was no flags at all... this definately went against Toledo...

2. there is a conflicting system with the offense... they made the changes this year, but it was inconsistant... he deserves one more year, but there is no reason to extend the contract... we played a solid game tonight... was a lot of stupid mistakes...

3. NIU deserves to be where they are... they played a very good game... i think the refs helped them tremendously... but, still lynch looked damn good... no turn overs and nothing that was even close to being an interception
11-20-2013 11:50 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Bingo. I give Northern Ill all the credit but that was an embarrassing performance on national tv by the Rockets. I just don't see this program going to the next level with this coaching staff...
11-20-2013 11:53 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
I don't agree with everything you said, but I do agree with the main thing - this team is NOT a TOUGH team. They quit in the 2nd half tonight. Plain and simple. They had their tickets to Detroit in their hands, then let them slip away. This team showed ZERO heart and ZERO pride in the 2nd half. I was planning on going to the Akron game, but not now. I'm not wasting my time, energy, and money to watch a team that QUIT on us with a MACC birth on the line. Pathetic.
11-20-2013 11:53 PM
DSV27 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(11-20-2013 11:38 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Hey next season whenever the pick a slogan for Rocket football maybe they can come up with something honest. Tough teams don't fade in the second half which is exactly what Campbell's teams have done in big games both seasons now. Please spare me the excuses as i am tired of hesring them. this team almost blew leads against BG and Navy and Buffalo. Northern kicked our butts--congrats to the Huskies. I know I will get heat for saying this but our football program is in decline. We used to win championships; now we have become the automatic 3rd place team in the West Division. I am sick of hearing about how Campbell is some up & coming talent who has put together a great young staff and signs the "best" recruiting classes in the MAC. Bull crap. Get it done on the field. I bit my tongue when O'Brien gave that contract extension to Campbell mid-season...why? What has he accomplished that should be REWARDED? Mediocre shouldn't necessarily cost him his job but it is not to be encouraged, either. His record against the two teams in the division that matter is now 0-4. Congrats.

right on the money
11-20-2013 11:56 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Another thing - ENOUGH WITH WASTING TIMEOUTS BECAUSE WE CAN'T GET A PLAY CALLED IN TIME!!!!!!! EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. We waste timeouts because the coaches can't get a play called on offense. Then there are times when the defense is not set, or they are rotating players, and the DL isn't looking the the O, or the DL isn't even close to being set, and our O has no urgency to snap the ball. If they would snap the ball, they would easily gain 10+ yds.
11-20-2013 11:57 PM
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies
(11-20-2013 11:53 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't agree with everything you said, but I do agree with the main thing - this team is NOT a TOUGH team. They quit in the 2nd half tonight. Plain and simple. They had their tickets to Detroit in their hands, then let them slip away. This team showed ZERO heart and ZERO pride in the 2nd half. I was planning on going to the Akron game, but not now. I'm not wasting my time, energy, and money to watch a team that QUIT on us with a MACC birth on the line. Pathetic.

i disagree... the disappointment was owens... he had all the room to run it in for a touchdown and he threw an interception... he fumbled on the first down of the night... there were opportunities he could have made a first down and in my mind from what i say he did intentional grounding at least twice... what happened to reedy and ownes from last year... that's the key that needs to be found...
11-21-2013 12:02 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Twice in the first half we had 3 receivers split to the same side and only 2 defenders.. But we waited until there were only a few seconds left on the play clock to snap the ball and by then Northern had adjusted appropriately both times. Way too many mistakes like that tonight, not counting the fumble and interceptions...still can't believe Hunt actually threw that horrible jump pass at the goal line. Wonderful play call and execution. The D played about the way I thought they would given history and experience but that offensive effort was the worst since Florida.
11-21-2013 12:02 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
I was very unhappy with tonight's playcalling and turnovers.
11-21-2013 12:03 AM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies
(11-21-2013 12:03 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  I was very unhappy with tonight's playcalling and turnovers.

i agree
11-21-2013 12:09 AM
tjt1980 Offline
Special Teams

(11-20-2013 11:53 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't agree with everything you said, but I do agree with the main thing - this team is NOT a TOUGH team. They quit in the 2nd half tonight. Plain and simple. They had their tickets to Detroit in their hands, then let them slip away. This team showed ZERO heart and ZERO pride in the 2nd half. I was planning on going to the Akron game, but not now. I'm not wasting my time, energy, and money to watch a team that QUIT on us with a MACC birth on the line. Pathetic.

I don't put it on the players. The definition of leadership is "the ability to influence and motivate others to willingly accomplish a task." These coaches are poor leaders. When the team appears to "give up" while they are still in the game, that's on the coaches.

And just saw the TO interception was #1 on SC top 10. Yay...
11-21-2013 12:11 AM
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies
(11-21-2013 12:02 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Twice in the first half we had 3 receivers split to the same side and only 2 defenders.. But we waited until there were only a few seconds left on the play clock to snap the ball and by then Northern had adjusted appropriately both times. Way too many mistakes like that tonight, not counting the fumble and interceptions...still can't believe Hunt actually threw that horrible jump pass at the goal line. Wonderful play call and execution. The D played about the way I thought they would given history and experience but that offensive effort was the worst since Florida.

i agree
11-21-2013 12:11 AM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies
(11-21-2013 12:11 AM)tjt1980 Wrote:  

I don't put it on the players. The definition of leadership is "the ability to influence and motivate others to willingly accomplish a task." These coaches are poor leaders. When the team appears to "give up" while they are still in the game, that's on the coaches.

he was 3 yards from a touch down... no one around... and he throws an interception... we belong there...
11-21-2013 12:13 AM
tjt1980 Offline
Special Teams

(11-21-2013 12:13 AM)KingBob Wrote:  

he was 3 yards from a touch down... no one around... and he throws an interception... we belong there...

No one said the players are perfect. I was referring to the second half issues that have plagued this team for 2 years. Hunt should have ran that in.

P.S. I hate the wildcat.
11-21-2013 12:16 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I'm not ready to throw Campbell under a bus. But, if he doesn't grow a pair and hire an OC I'll volunteer to drive the bus.

The first two TO's were freak occurrences and, frustrating as it is, that sh!t happens. I will not diss freshman RB Kareen Hunt for the pick he threw, but whoever called that play clearly is not ready for his job at Toledo. We've been the top team in the conference in the red-zone and somebody pulls that play out of their @ss in THIS game? Really, coach?
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 12:24 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
11-21-2013 12:20 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Sorry, but this sounds like AZZ after we thumped BG. All of a sudden Clawson, their program building coach, is a loser who can only beat weak teams and can't win championships. Next week he was a genius. Campbell is fine, NIU is hugely good and Fluellen just wasn't Fluellen. I'm as disappointed as anyone at our second half collapses but we're better than mediocre and recruiting championships don't mean squat. The team that has recruited the best for the last several years is NIU. They were better in nearly every phase (JD being the obvious exception). Campbell is 17-8. Pretty sure that doesn't qualify as mediocre- if wrre in the East we'd be preparing to play NIU for the MACC ?

SPOILER ALERT: We'd lose.
11-21-2013 12:33 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-21-2013 12:02 AM)KingBob Wrote:  

i disagree... the disappointment was owens... he had all the room to run it in for a touchdown and he threw an interception... he fumbled on the first down of the night... there were opportunities he could have made a first down and in my mind from what i say he did intentional grounding at least twice... what happened to reedy and ownes from last year... that's the key that needs to be found...

Bob, put down the beer...lol, that interception was thrown by Hunt, not Owens. And that was the play called for a true freshman. Doubtful he was given the option to run it there. And the LB made a great play, just like the Steeler guy did a few years back in the Super Bowl.
11-21-2013 12:34 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(11-21-2013 12:33 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Sorry, but this sounds like AZZ after we thumped BG. All of a sudden Clawson, their program building coach, is a loser who can only beat weak teams and can't win championships. Next week he was a genius. Campbell is fine, NIU is hugely good and Fluellen just wasn't Fluellen. I'm as disappointed as anyone at our second half collapses but we're better than mediocre and recruiting championships don't mean squat. The team that has recruited the best for the last several years is NIU. They were better in nearly every phase (JD being the obvious exception). Campbell is 17-8. Pretty sure that doesn't qualify as mediocre- if wrre in the East we'd be preparing to play NIU for the MACC ?

Thumped? 03-lmfao You needed a last minute pair of great plays by Owens to eek out a win!
11-21-2013 12:36 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

That was one of the greatest interceptions you will ever see in a MAC game!
11-21-2013 12:40 AM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(11-21-2013 12:33 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Sorry, but this sounds like AZZ after we thumped BG. All of a sudden Clawson, their program building coach, is a loser who can only beat weak teams and can't win championships. Next week he was a genius. Campbell is fine, NIU is hugely good and Fluellen just wasn't Fluellen. I'm as disappointed as anyone at our second half collapses but we're better than mediocre and recruiting championships don't mean squat. The team that has recruited the best for the last several years is NIU. They were better in nearly every phase (JD being the obvious exception). Campbell is 17-8. Pretty sure that doesn't qualify as mediocre- if wrre in the East we'd be preparing to play NIU for the MACC ?

So in 30 years when they honor him at halftime for his "winning record" as a head coach at Toledo, people will clap and say thank you. When they flip thru the game program and see that his teams won no conference titles and never finished in the top 25, they'll realize that his legacy here at UT was not legendary...
11-21-2013 12:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.