Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UL - Bowl Poll: NOB, Godaddy, or Indy?
Bookmark and Share
WErLOUISIANA Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CAJUNS
UL - Bowl Poll: NOB, Godaddy, or Indy?
Cajun Fans: Given the choice of the New Orleans Bowl, Godaddy Bowl, or Independence Bowl, which would you prefer to see them in and which would you most likely attend?
11-18-2013 11:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DTD343 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: UL - Bowl Poll: NOB, Godaddy, or Indy?
Depends on who we are playing. Nola would be my 1st choice , but if we could play a team like NIU in the godaddy I would be all for that. To answer your question, I will attend Louisiana's bowl game where ever it may be.
11-18-2013 11:35 AM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I am down with whatever Hud wants and can get.
11-18-2013 11:50 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Doesn't matter to me. After the 40 year desert with mirages in the early 90s and the mid 00's to be nearly assured of bowl #3 is enough for me.
11-18-2013 12:06 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

(11-18-2013 12:06 PM)AstroCajun Wrote:  Doesn't matter to me. After the 40 year desert with mirages in the early 90s and the mid 00's to be nearly assured of bowl #3 is enough for me.

Agreed, but still it would be nice to play in a destination city and a controlled environment in the month of December or early January. But just get to a bowl, and hopefully win the thing is enough.
11-18-2013 12:12 PM
DTD343 Offline
Water Engineer

(11-18-2013 12:12 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  [quote='AstroCajun' pid='10025328' dateline='1384794413']
Doesn't matter to me. After the 40 year desert with mirages in the early 90s and the mid 00's to be nearly assured of bowl #3 is enough for me.

Agreed, but still it would be nice to play in a destination city and a controlled environment in the month of December or early January. But just get to a bowl, and hopefully win the thing is enough.
[/quote

04-cheers04-cheers
11-18-2013 12:36 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

#1 GoDaddy against NIU
#2 New Orleans against any team other than MTSU or UNT...sorry guys but we are not interested in a Belt defector.
#3 Indy...F__K Shreveport.
11-18-2013 01:29 PM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization
We are reaping so much good from the NOLA Bowl situation, it would be hard to turn that down for any non-BCS sponsored Bowl.

Recruiting, building corporate partnerships, exposure.......we are really racking up right now.

The only other thing that might be worth checking out would be a bowl game in Shreveport, Dallas, or Houston versus a MAJOR program.
11-18-2013 01:36 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
At this point the best thing for the SBC is for Louisiana to finish 10-2 and play the highest regarded opponent they can play in a bowl and win.

So I am rooting hard for Louisiana from here on out this year.
11-18-2013 01:40 PM
Tuffguy21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Indy vs an ACC opponent is #1 in my book. Give me Boston College, Pitt, UNC, or Syracuse any day over any opponent available in another game. Venue sucks, but opponent is optimal.

Next I'd say Godaddy, as long as NIU is the opponent. Again, I care about opponent more than anything, and NIU is a top 25 team and would allow us to prove ourselves yet again.

Lastly I'd say NOB against Tulane. I don't want to play them, they are awful and they're gonna embarrass themselves in the bowl game by getting blown out and bringing no fans to a game in their own stadium. If NOB has a different opponent, hell, even UNT, my opinion on this might move up.
11-18-2013 01:42 PM
ULGrad@Hou Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: U. of Louisiana
New Orleans is the best location, no doubt, for the fans. I'm for playing the best possible opponent, which is also what I have seen Coach Hud say. So, if Indy or Godaddy provide a solid opponent that we can gain some national recognition, then I would go to those.
11-18-2013 02:02 PM
Advertisement

CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I will go where ever the Cajuns are playing but my choice would be:
1. NOB
2. INDY because of date
3. GDDC
for me the opponent is irrelevant in all the above bowls.
11-18-2013 02:35 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(11-18-2013 01:36 PM)CAJUNNATION Wrote:  We are reaping so much good from the NOLA Bowl situation, it would be hard to turn that down for any non-BCS sponsored Bowl.

Recruiting, building corporate partnerships, exposure.......we are really racking up right now.

The only other thing that might be worth checking out would be a bowl game in Shreveport, Dallas, or Houston versus a MAJOR program.

Your exposure is great beating a BCS or Ranked program. I'm not sure about building corporate parternships....no one has stepped up to buy naming rights to Cajun Field. Recruiting effects will be limited to the NO area if we are playing Tulane this year. No one cares that you beat a bad team outside the state.

1) Choice would be to flip NIU to the NO Bowl so ESPN would get the premium matchup.

2) Allow Tulane to opt out of playing a game in their home stadium for a better matchup with Rice.

3) Indy Bowl releases corporate seating to UL and offers a matchup against an ACC team.
11-18-2013 02:51 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

(11-18-2013 02:51 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(11-18-2013 01:36 PM)CAJUNNATION Wrote:  We are reaping so much good from the NOLA Bowl situation, it would be hard to turn that down for any non-BCS sponsored Bowl.

Your exposure is great beating a BCS or Ranked program. I'm not sure about building corporate parternships....no one has stepped up to buy naming rights to Cajun Field. Recruiting effects will be limited to the NO area if we are playing Tulane this year. No one cares that you beat a bad team outside the state.

1) Choice would be to flip NIU to the NO Bowl so ESPN would get the premium matchup.

2) Allow Tulane to opt out of playing a game in their home stadium for a better matchup with Rice.

3) Indy Bowl releases corporate seating to UL and offers a matchup against an ACC team.

I have notice several poster talk about seating at Indy bowl what's that all about can someone explain. Thanks
11-18-2013 02:54 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(11-18-2013 02:54 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  
(11-18-2013 02:51 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

I have notice several poster talk about seating at Indy bowl what's that all about can someone explain. Thanks

Universities get the seats outside of the 30's and corporate sales gets seats within the 30's. So fans buy tickets from the bowl instead of the university, which equals a financial loss for said university.
11-18-2013 03:07 PM
WErLOUISIANA Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CAJUNS

I agree, I think local corporate sponsors will push for New Orleans.
11-18-2013 10:54 PM
Advertisement

Senatobia Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
(11-18-2013 10:54 PM)WErLOUISIANA Wrote:  

You guys are delusional.

Nobody is overly impressed with your championship.

Play what you get and win if you can........otherwise shut up and be humble.
11-18-2013 11:03 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(11-18-2013 11:03 PM)Senatobia Wrote:  

You guys are delusional.

Still butthurt bro!? Stop crying, Cajun fans should enjoy the season. And if no one is impressed with UL, then what does it say about ASU after we ***** slapped you in Jonesboro?
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013 11:12 PM by CrazyCajun.)
11-18-2013 11:11 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

You guys are delusional.

You know...this thread asked Cajun fans their option, and I don't remember anyone spouting their superiority to the rest of us. Lets not rain on their parade...they deserve the accolades...for this one year.
11-18-2013 11:14 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(11-18-2013 11:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

You guys are delusional.

You know...this thread asked Cajun fans their option, and I don't remember anyone spouting their superiority to the rest of us. Lets not rain on their parade...they deserve the accolades...for this one year.

Exactly! No one is saying UL deserves a BCS bowl, but really?
11-18-2013 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.