Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This weekend could result in big movement.........
Bookmark and Share
balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
For the Cajuns in the polls!

All games below have a team ranked either ahead or in same area as Cajuns in one or more of the major polls. Now this would be fictional situation to think all 13 teams in bold will lose, but i feel there's a good chance more than half of them will! here's to wishful thinking and big jumps in all the polls for Louisiana! im guessing 8 or 9 teams lose!

Thursday
Ball st at NIU - Ball st. lost

Friday
Washington at UCLA

Saturday
Maryland at Virginia Tech
Mich. St. at Nebraska
Miami at Duke
Georgia at Auburn
Oklahoma State at Texas
Houston at Louisville
Texas Tech at Baylor
Stanford at USC
Oregon St. at ASU
Troy at Ole Miss
Cincinnati at Rutger
11-15-2013 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: This weekend could result in big movement.........
Ah, I was thinking of other kind of movements.
11-15-2013 07:08 PM
Franko Online
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Other than pride I wouldn't get to caught up in cracking the top 25. Unless a lot of teams lose games they shouldn't ULL will not make the top 25 for only one reason and that be losing to a really bad Arkansas team.
03-shhhh
11-15-2013 07:14 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Moving up in the polls is not as logical from the SBC as it is for an SEC team. If 8 teams in front of the Cajuns lose, my guess is that 7 teams behind the Cajuns pass them. In the end, UL isn't impressing anyone beating up on an SBC schedule.

ASU went through this our last two years, we couldn't get any kind of movement until we beat someone of substance.
11-15-2013 07:24 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(11-15-2013 07:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Ah, I was thinking of other kind of movements.

01-rivals
11-15-2013 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(11-15-2013 07:14 PM)Franko Wrote:  Other than pride I wouldn't get to caught up in cracking the top 25. Unless a lot of teams lose games they shouldn't ULL will not make the top 25 for only one reason and that be losing to a really bad Arkansas team.
03-shhhh

Well we all can't play Kentucky can we?
11-15-2013 08:02 PM
Advertisement

gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
(11-15-2013 07:14 PM)Franko Wrote:  Other than pride I wouldn't get to caught up in cracking the top 25. Unless a lot of teams lose games they shouldn't ULL will not make the top 25 for only one reason and that be losing to a really bad Arkansas team.
03-shhhh

Yup, unfortunately you all could win out and beat a ranked NIU in your bowl game and you still wouldn't crack the top 25. Losing to the piggies ended your chance of getting ranked this season. Frankly, this is gonna make the Belt look bad in that our conference champ couldn't beat a 3-win Arkansas team.
11-15-2013 09:04 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2013 07:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Moving up in the polls is not as logical from the SBC as it is for an SEC team. If 8 teams in front of the Cajuns lose, my guess is that 7 teams behind the Cajuns pass them. In the end, UL isn't impressing anyone beating up on an SBC schedule.

ASU went through this our last two years, we couldn't get any kind of movement until we beat someone of substance.

When did we beat someone of substance and move up? Kent State sure didn't do the trick?
11-15-2013 09:21 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(11-15-2013 09:21 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(11-15-2013 07:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Moving up in the polls is not as logical from the SBC as it is for an SEC team. If 8 teams in front of the Cajuns lose, my guess is that 7 teams behind the Cajuns pass them. In the end, UL isn't impressing anyone beating up on an SBC schedule.

When did we beat someone of substance and move up? Kent State sure didn't do the trick?

I said that wrong.
11-15-2013 10:20 PM
CajunJuice Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ragin' Cajuns
You stAte fans are acting like a bunch of little ******* right now. Quit acting like you are high and mighty.

So we "make the belt look bad" because we "couldn't beat a 3 win Arkansas team"? Dude, it was the first game of the season for both teams, if we play tomorrow it's a completely different story. Not guaranteeing we would win but it would be a tossup.

So let me get this straight, if we win out and win a bowl game vs. a top 15 ranked team in NIU, you are saying we wouldn't get ranked with certainty? How the F do you know? It would be something stAte hasn't done... you may have had 10 wins year before last in the regular season, but you lost your bowl game that's why you didn't finish ranked.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that if we win out and win our bowl game vs. a top 15 team we would definitely finish the season ranked. It's tough to ignore an 11 game win streak. I don't care who you're playing. The fact that we lost our first two games and would win the final 11 would be impressive to voters.. especially if we'd cap it all off with a 3rd straight bowl victory, and one over a top 15 team.

Now please get off your high horse.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 10:48 PM by CajunJuice.)
11-15-2013 10:40 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2013 10:40 PM)CajunJuice Wrote:  You stAte fans are acting like a bunch of little ******* right now. Quit acting like you are high and mighty.

So we "make the belt look bad" because we "couldn't beat a 3 win Arkansas team"? Dude, it was the first game of the season for both teams, if we play tomorrow it's a completely different story. Not guaranteeing we would win but it would be a tossup.

So let me get this straight, if we win out and win a bowl game vs. a top 15 ranked team in NIU, you are saying we wouldn't get ranked with certainty? How the F do you know? It would be something stAte hasn't done... you may have had 10 wins year before last in the regular season, but you lost your bowl game that's why you didn't finish ranked.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that if we win out and win our bowl game vs. a top 15 team we would definitely finish the season ranked. It's tough to ignore an 11 game win streak. I don't care who you're playing. The fact that we lost our first two games and would win the final 11 would be impressive to voters.. especially if we'd cap it all off with a 3rd straight bowl victory, and one over a top 15 team.

lol

Some of them are messing with you and some of them are remembering how little we moved once we got to a certain spot in the polls.

If you end up winning out easily....and beat a #15 NIU then I think you may end up ranked. No guarantee because they are right....voters are looking for any excuse not to vote for you.
11-15-2013 11:05 PM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2013 10:40 PM)CajunJuice Wrote:  You stAte fans are acting like a bunch of little ******* right now. Quit acting like you are high and mighty.

He's lookin' at you gostAte870 . . .
11-15-2013 11:15 PM
chiefsfan Offline

1. We hate it when Arkansas wins in anything.

2. We all remember how little we moved in the polls the last two years despite winning a bunch of games in a row. The fact is its hard to impress pollsters beating Sun Belt teams. Beating NIU would be very impressive, but you might have to jump 7 or 8 teams in the polls that one week just to do it because you wont move up beating Georgia State, South Alabama, and UL Monroe.

Its nothing against you guys...we just happen to have an idea about how this worked with us, and certainly would not be surprised if the same happened to you.
11-15-2013 11:42 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(11-15-2013 09:04 PM)gostAte870 Wrote:  
03-shhhh

Yup, unfortunately you all could win out and beat a ranked NIU in your bowl game and you still wouldn't crack the top 25. Losing to the piggies ended your chance of getting ranked this season. Frankly, this is gonna make the Belt look bad in that our conference champ couldn't beat a 3-win Arkansas team.

Now you see, that's just wishful thinking on your part Gostate! The Cajuns were ranked in the 30's in Monday's Poll. The Cajuns win out and would pull out a win over a ranked NIU team, then it would be possible to get enough votes for UL to be ranked in the Top 25.

I know you guys are still butt hurt over the NO Bowl invite last season and it still bothers you, but had your young coach not pooped his diaper on nationally television you wouldn't be looking at another return trip to Mobile.

This week, I'm a Texas State fan....GEAUX BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 12:10 AM by CrazyCajun.)
11-16-2013 12:08 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Can we be completely honest. It was Arkansas' first game with its new coach. There isn't a team in this conference that's walking out of that stadium with a W under those circumstances. So let's quit acting like it's a big letdown.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 07:43 AM by AstroCajun.)
11-16-2013 07:42 AM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(11-16-2013 07:42 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  Can we be completely honest. It was Arkansas' first game with its new coach. There isn't a team in this conference that's walking out of that stadium with a W under those circumstances. So let's quit acting like it's a big letdown.

to get some credibility sbc teams need to schedule "name" teams and beat them. losing by 60 pts. to somebody just sets everything back.
11-16-2013 08:22 AM
Advertisement

CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(11-16-2013 08:22 AM)runamuck Wrote:  
(11-16-2013 07:42 AM)AstroCajun Wrote:  Can we be completely honest. It was Arkansas' first game with its new coach. There isn't a team in this conference that's walking out of that stadium with a W under those circumstances. So let's quit acting like it's a big letdown.

to get some credibility sbc teams need to schedule "name" teams and beat them. losing by 60 pts. to somebody just sets everything back.

Most programs at this level play 2 to 3 money games a year. That is the life of a mid-major, even Boise State did so from the mid 90's until recently. If your program would be playing NCAA football right now, you would be aware of this fact.
11-16-2013 11:18 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU

Yep. That loss to Arkansas is crippling.
11-16-2013 11:33 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(11-16-2013 11:33 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

The coaches panicked after going down 10 and abandoned the run. We were averaging over 6ypc early, but once we went to the passing game our brand new OTs got embarrassed. We wore down and they opened it up..
11-16-2013 11:56 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies
(11-16-2013 11:33 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Beating Arkansas' best team this year should mean something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-16-2013 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.