Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Grassroots movement to get College Gameday for Houston @ UCF
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Grassroots movement to get College Gameday for Houston @ UCF
Facebook Event Link

We want College Gameday to come to UCF! LSU and Bama are playing that Saturday, but honestly, how many times has Gameday done THAT matchup? America has had the LSU / Bama game. They'll have it again. For once, and the first time ever, bring Corso, Herbstreit, and the crew to East Orlando, just in time for Homecoming!

[Image: 1380576_656610867693322_1735136112_n.jpg]

"The Greatest Tradition in the State of Florida"

Help us out guys! Houston fans, UCF fans, American Athletic fans: If we can do what we did at the Stanford Blog, we can make our conference known again!

Use Twitter. Follow @CollegeGameDay and @UCFGauntlet

Use these Hashtags: #UHvsUCFGameday #GameDayTheKnightWay #WeWantCorso #BringCorsoHome

"Like" The Gauntlet and College Gameday on facebook! Spread the word, and we hope to represent the AAC well on Memory Mall, Saturday Morning on November 9th, bright and early at 9am!
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 02:02 PM by Kruciff.)
10-28-2013 01:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
RE: Grassroots movement to get College Gameday for Houston @ UCF
Even if Houston had beaten BYU and UCF had beaten South Carolina, we still would have been a dark horse at best.

Since neither of us did, you are looking at a #23 vs unranked match-up. Best case scenario, we move up 1 or 2 on a week off and Houston squeaks in and its #22 vs #25. Not appealing to the GameDay crew at all with #1 vs #13 going on.

If LSU vs Bama wasn't happening, the next choice would be to move one of the marquee Thursday games to Saturday or go to Virginia Tech vs Miami. Either way, unless it is a top 10 match-up or a really off week, I don't see GameDay stepping foot on our campus.
10-28-2013 02:04 PM
knightastic Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
not counting on it but it would be awesome
10-28-2013 02:06 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(10-28-2013 02:04 PM)MagicKnightmare Wrote:  Even if Houston had beaten BYU and UCF had beaten South Carolina, we still would have been a dark horse at best.

Since neither of us did, you are looking at a #23 vs unranked match-up. Best case scenario, we move up 1 or 2 on a week off and Houston squeaks in and its #22 vs #25. Not appealing to the GameDay crew at all with #1 vs #13 going on.

If LSU vs Bama wasn't happening, the next choice would be to move one of the marquee Thursday games to Saturday or go to Virginia Tech vs Miami. Either way, unless it is a top 10 match-up or a really off week, I don't see GameDay stepping foot on our campus.

Word from Rivals was that they want any excuse to be on our campus. They almost did it for the USCe v. UCF game.

Persevere! ESPN has shown an odd interest in our program. Let's take advantage of it while we can!
10-28-2013 02:08 PM
justin_sane15 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UH and Texas St
Would be nice to happen, but it took us being ranked 11 and having zero ranked vs. ranked match-ups that week to get gameday, and you just know eSpin is going to hype LSU and Bama like the best thing since man harnessed fire.
10-28-2013 02:16 PM
Advertisement

MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

(10-28-2013 02:08 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 02:04 PM)MagicKnightmare Wrote:  Even if Houston had beaten BYU and UCF had beaten South Carolina, we still would have been a dark horse at best.

Word from Rivals was that they want any excuse to be on our campus. They almost did it for the USCe v. UCF game.

Persevere! ESPN has shown an odd interest in our program. Let's take advantage of it while we can!

We used to have a Disney Executive on the Board of Trustees. But she resigned in February and moved to California to become President of Operations for the US and France. Maybe she is pulling the strings for us.
10-28-2013 02:20 PM
knightastic Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
(10-28-2013 02:08 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

probably just Corso not wanting to travel
10-28-2013 02:29 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

Quote:@LSUsportsNEWS
LSU-Alabama Set for Primetime on CBS: BATON ROUGE -- The Nov. 5 matchup between LSU and Alabama will start in pr... http://bit.ly/qTmgVg

Will this work in our favor? Will ESPN want to promote a CBS game?
10-28-2013 03:02 PM
FonzKnight Offline
Special Teams

I respect the effort, but I give this like a .5% chance.

Good luck though
10-28-2013 03:03 PM
Advertisement

MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

(10-28-2013 03:02 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
Quote:@LSUsportsNEWS
LSU-Alabama Set for Primetime on CBS: BATON ROUGE -- The Nov. 5 matchup between LSU and Alabama will start in pr... http://bit.ly/qTmgVg

Will this work in our favor? Will ESPN want to promote a CBS game?

They do it all the time. LSU @ Georgia earlier this year was a CBS game. A 3:30 p.m. CBS game I will add.
10-28-2013 03:52 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Gameday coming to UH for UH/SMU came out of no where. We were good, SMU most certainly was not. This UH/UCF game looks to be a much more enticing matchup.

Anything can happen. I believe they book hotels in 3-4 locations, and make the decision on where they're going just a week beforehand.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 03:54 PM by Kronke.)
10-28-2013 03:53 PM
MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

(10-28-2013 03:53 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Gameday coming to UH for UH/SMU came out of no where. We were good, SMU most certainly was not. This UH/UCF game looks to be a much more enticing matchup.

Anything can happen. I believe they book hotels in 3-4 locations, and make the decision on the Sunday before the games.

They normally announce on Saturday afternoon and have in the past announced during GameDay the week before.
10-28-2013 03:54 PM
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

I Root For: HoustonCougars
If the game is for AAC championship and a BCS bowl brith, they will probably consider it.
Campaign for it would be good for all involved.
10-28-2013 08:00 PM
Advertisement

NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Houston needs to beat USF first.
10-28-2013 08:03 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(10-28-2013 08:03 PM)NothingButKnight Wrote:  Houston needs to beat USF first.

Isn't that a given that Houston wins? 01-wingedeagle
10-28-2013 08:12 PM
den2010 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
Trying to restrain myself from saying "Screw it." and attending this game.
10-28-2013 08:14 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(10-28-2013 08:14 PM)den2010 Wrote:  Trying to restrain myself from saying "Screw it." and attending this game.

It will be a good atmosphere. You can make a nice weekend out of it too. There should be cheap flights from Houston to Orlando.
10-28-2013 08:18 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(10-28-2013 08:14 PM)den2010 Wrote:  Trying to restrain myself from saying "Screw it." and attending this game.

That's the plus of Orlando.

Come to see the game, stay to see the sights, go back home knowing you had the time of your life.
10-28-2013 10:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.