Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The American is invisible on Saturdays
jnewyouth Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bearcats
The American is invisible on Saturdays
Here I sit on a Saturday afternoon, flipping through the channels looking for AAC games to watch with no luck. I live in Cincinnati, have Time Warner Cable, and subscribe to the Sports Package yet still can't find a single Conference game on the TV. This deal with ESPN is pathetic and is making me lose interest in college football.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 02:46 PM by jnewyouth.)
10-26-2013 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
RE: The American is invisible on Saturdays
The new TV deal hasn't kicked in yet, drama queen.

This is still your old Big East deal.

UH v Rutgers was on ESPNN
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 02:49 PM by Borncoog74.)
10-26-2013 02:48 PM
Houston Coog Offline
Water Engineer

(10-26-2013 02:46 PM)jnewyouth Wrote:  Here I sit on a Saturday afternoon, flipping through the channels looking for AAC games to watch with no luck. I live in Cincinnati, have Time Warner Cable, and subscribe to the Sports Package yet still can't find a single Conference game on the TV. This deal with ESPN is pathetic and is making me lose interest in college football.

Funny...I'm in Houston and I've seen Louisville, Rutgers, UCF, and even South Florida play multiple times this year. I was watching the UH/Rutgers game but the UL/USF game was just one or two channels away.

I am liking the ESPN exposure....much better that the CUSA coverage from last year.
10-26-2013 02:50 PM
jnewyouth Offline
2nd String

This might e the old Big East deal, but we're getting far worse coverage than the old Big East got. We are being completely relegated to weeknights, ESPN news, regional coverage, and ESPN360 these days. I used to be able to find conference mates easily, now it's very difficult. Houston v Rutgers was an exception this year.
10-26-2013 02:53 PM
The Original Timmy Chan Offline
Bad Mammy Jammy

I Root For: my wife
(10-26-2013 02:46 PM)jnewyouth Wrote:  Here I sit on a Saturday afternoon, flipping through the channels looking for AAC games to watch with no luck. I live in Cincinnati, have Time Warner Cable, and subscribe to the Sports Package yet still can't find a single Conference game on the TV. This deal with ESPN is pathetic and is making me lose interest in college football.

That might be because there are four AAC games today, and three of them are already over.

UH-Rutgers and UL-USF were shown on ESPN channels today (and UConn-UCF was on ESPN3).

The games were visible if you tuned in while the games were being played.
10-26-2013 02:54 PM
jnewyouth Offline
2nd String

UConn-USF was regional and not shown in Cincy.

Were living in different paradigms. You guys are happy because the coverage is better than CUSA's that you're used to, we're unhappy because it's worse than he old Big East. We're both correct in our opinion of the coverage because of our differing experiences.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 02:57 PM by jnewyouth.)
10-26-2013 02:55 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
i have seen ucf, u of l, usf, houston and rutgers today. navy is on right now. the announcers after the louisville game commented and talked for a while about how much better the American conference is than they thought it would be.

maybe you should find a new cable company
10-26-2013 02:58 PM
chrisiskingx Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
I saw UCF on the Warner Channel on basic cable...so weird lol
10-26-2013 03:01 PM
The Original Timmy Chan Offline
Bad Mammy Jammy

I Root For: my wife
What we don't like here in Houston are all these 11 am games.

For the Memphis-Houston game it was really strange hearing the PA announcer saying, "Good morning, Cougar fans."

Football is not meant to be played in the morning. Night games are preferred by UH fans.
10-26-2013 03:02 PM
dezagcoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coogs!
(10-26-2013 02:53 PM)jnewyouth Wrote:  This might e the old Big East deal, but we're getting far worse coverage than the old Big East got. We are being completely relegated to weeknights, ESPN news, regional coverage, and ESPN360 these days. I used to be able to find conference mates easily, now it's very difficult. Houston v Rutgers was an exception this year.

We've been on Espnnews three times now actually.
10-26-2013 03:08 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
(10-26-2013 02:48 PM)Borncoog74 Wrote:  The new TV deal hasn't kicked in yet, drama queen.

Thread should have ended here!
03-lmfao

+Reps

/Thread
10-26-2013 03:11 PM
Advertisement

sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

Time Warner sucks. Dish had three AAC games on.
10-26-2013 03:31 PM
L1C4 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL

UofL/USF was on ESPN2
10-26-2013 04:02 PM
fresnofanatic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: fresno state
(10-26-2013 02:53 PM)jnewyouth Wrote:  This might e the old Big East deal, but we're getting far worse coverage than the old Big East got. We are being completely relegated to weeknights, ESPN news, regional coverage, and ESPN360 these days. I used to be able to find conference mates easily, now it's very difficult. Houston v Rutgers was an exception this year.

Sorry, man. Out of all 120+ FBS members and with the latest conference shuffling.....UCONN, Cincy and USF got the biggest shaft.....welcome (back) to the "non-power-conference" world.03-banghead

What I do is I don't watch PowerMember vs PowerMember games....i'll watch an AAC, CUSA, MAC, Belt and even FCS matchup if no MW games are on. Right now i'm watching Rice roll UTEP and waiting for the AFA game vs NotreDame.....FTP5!
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 04:14 PM by fresnofanatic.)
10-26-2013 04:10 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-26-2013 03:11 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  
(10-26-2013 02:48 PM)Borncoog74 Wrote:  The new TV deal hasn't kicked in yet, drama queen.

Thread should have ended here!
03-lmfao

+Reps

/Thread

Exactly. This deal CANNOT be worse than the old Big East deal, b/c it IS the old Big East deal. 01-wingedeagle
10-26-2013 04:31 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
Louisville vs USF was on ESPN2. Houston vs Rutgers was on ESPNNEWS. Navy vs Pitt was on the CBS sports network and UCF vs UCONN was Syndicated throughout Different Markets as the American game of the week.
10-26-2013 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
This is also the old Big East deal the new deal starts next season for football. But let's not let facts get in the way of anything
10-26-2013 04:40 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati

Weird...I live in the same city as you and subscribe to the same cable service and somehow managed to have UConn-UCF (Channel 117-WKRC-2 (AAC Channel)), Rutgers-Houston (ESPN News), and Louisville-USF (ESPN2) on the TV for the early rounds. You might need to check some equipment...and it ain't the cable box.
10-26-2013 04:48 PM
Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

He can subscribe to all the channels he wants to, but if he doesn't pay his cable or electric bill he is going to continue to be dissappointed with the coverage.....
10-26-2013 04:50 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(10-26-2013 04:48 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Weird...I live in the same city as you and subscribe to the same cable service and somehow managed to have UConn-UCF (Channel 117-WKRC-2 (AAC Channel)), Rutgers-Houston (ESPN News), and Louisville-USF (ESPN2) on the TV for the early rounds. You might need to check some equipment...and it ain't the cable box.

I checked into those game before leaving for the UC basketball game. Yes, the TV deal has issues but its the same issues the old Big East deal. Exposure during weeknights its good under this deal and the lack of a conference championship game gives the league more games to show during the final few weeks of the year. There are also more conference teams this season which could mean a few more lower tier games.

I expect a whole lot of ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU Friday night game next season mixed in with Thursday too. Weekends will probably include ESPN2,ESPNU, ESPNews, and CBSSN (or another network that sublicense saturday games). The regional package is gone which is a good thing. Hopefully there a few prime spots on ABC and ESPN too.
10-26-2013 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.