Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC to be in the Bahama, Miami, & Boca bowl (LINK)
mwp1023 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
AAC to be in the Bahama, Miami, & Boca bowl (LINK)
We are going to share them with the MAC, MWC, Sunbelt, and CUSA.

Excuse me while I go Throw up....03-puke

Dear God this stinks
10-07-2013 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
RE: AAC to be in the Bahama, Miami, & Boca bowl (LINK)
In other news Japan bombs Pearl Harbor
10-07-2013 01:50 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
Something's better than nothing.
10-07-2013 01:53 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-07-2013 01:50 PM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  In other news Japan bombs Pearl Harbor

Exactly. As AttackCoog says, it isn't hard to figure out what bowl games we were going to be in, and who the opponents would be. I guess the Pac 12 #8 isn't coming to Miami. Seemed a stretch.

At least the article finally acknowledges that the bigger bowls and the P5 were active participants in freezing out the rest of us.
10-07-2013 01:58 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-07-2013 01:53 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Something's better than nothing.

Agree. Except for Montgomery, those are nice locations. And Montgomery is about a ninety-minute drive from my house.
10-07-2013 02:00 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
(10-07-2013 01:58 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 01:50 PM)Bleeds_Purple Wrote:  In other news Japan bombs Pearl Harbor

Exactly. As AttackCoog says, it isn't hard to figure out what bowl games we were going to be in, and who the opponents would be. I guess the Pac 12 #8 isn't coming to Miami. Seemed a stretch.

At least the article finally acknowledges that the bigger bowls and the P5 were active participants in freezing out the rest of us.

No I was talking about the fact that this has already been posted twice
10-07-2013 02:01 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army

Why in the world were so many of you holding out hope for the PAC #8 to come to Florida to play the AAC in a Bowl Game????? If the PAC is going to play against a non-P5 school in a bowl, why would they want to travel all the way across the country to do it? They can do it in their own back yards.--and have done it. (New Mexico Bowl, Hawaii Bowl, Poinsettia etc.) Or wait a minute, is it because the AAC is that much better looking to the PAC than the MWC is? Who believes that the PAC actually sees a difference between the two conferences? Enough of a difference to leave the West Coast for Florida to play Tulsa or UCF in a minor bowl game?
10-07-2013 02:20 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(10-07-2013 02:20 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

Why in the world were so many of you holding out hope for the PAC #8 to come to Florida to play the AAC in a Bowl Game????? If the PAC is going to play against a non-P5 school in a bowl, why would they want to travel all the way across the country to do it? They can do it in their own back yards.--and have done it. (New Mexico Bowl, Hawaii Bowl, Poinsettia etc.) Or wait a minute, is it because the AAC is that much better looking to the PAC than the MWC is? Who believes that the PAC actually sees a difference between the two conferences? Enough of a difference to leave the West Coast for Florida to play Tulsa or UCF in a minor bowl game?

It seemed possible because the Pac-12 dumped the EXACT bowl you are pointing at to make your point. They obviously DID NOT want to play another game vs the MW in their own backyard. If they did, the pac-12 would have stayed in the NM Bowl.

Now, that doesn't mean they WANTED to play another G-5 across the continent (or anywhere else for that matter)---but there were not (and still are not) a lot of other options for the Pac-12 #8.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 02:27 PM by Attackcoog.)
10-07-2013 02:27 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(10-07-2013 02:27 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

It seemed possible because the Pac-12 dumped the EXACT bowl you are pointing at to make your point. They obviously DID NOT want to play another game vs the MW in their own backyard. If they did, the pac-12 would have stayed in the NM Bowl.

Now, that doesn't mean they WANTED to play another G-5 across the continent (or anywhere else for that matter)---but there were not (and still are not) a lot of other options for the Pac-12 #8.

You are correct, there isn't a lot of options for the PAC #8, but that isn't a good reason for them going to a Florida bowl game for peanuts either. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the PAC #8 gets a tie in with the HOD/Ft Worth Bowls on the other side of Big 12/Big
10-07-2013 02:31 PM
Attackcoog Offline

Yup. Pretty much process of elimination. And with the P-5 boxing us out, about the only big gripe I have that we could have done anything about is the New Orleans Bowl. I'd have preferred New Orleans over any one of these new test tube baby bowls (and frankly, I don't think Im alone in that thought). Beyond that---we were in a poor position and were forced to take what was left.
10-07-2013 02:33 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(10-07-2013 02:31 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 02:27 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

You are correct, there isn't a lot of options for the PAC #8, but that isn't a good reason for them going to a Florida bowl game for peanuts either. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the PAC #8 gets a tie in with the HOD/Ft Worth Bowls on the other side of Big 12/Big

Maybe. The Pac-12 lower level teams don't travel well outside of their footprint---so they may be stuck filling in for P-5 vacancies. The only other option that makes much sense is the Poinsettia. There are 4 slots left there.
10-07-2013 02:37 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame

Can you not read? I said it was a stretch to ever think they were coming, and I have posted many times here that I didn't care, and it didn't make any sense, so don't lump me in the crowd you want to lecture.
10-07-2013 03:14 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

(10-07-2013 03:14 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

Can you not read? I said it was a stretch to ever think they were coming, and I have posted many times here that I didn't care, and it didn't make any sense, so don't lump me in the crowd you want to lecture.

OK. My bad. I'll take your word for it and won't go back and read your previous posts on the subject. But don't say you don't care; You wouldn't be responding if you didn't care and it's not a bad thing. That's what this board is all about.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 03:21 PM by billybobby777.)
10-07-2013 03:20 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-07-2013 03:20 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 03:14 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

OK. My bad. I'll take your word for it and won't go back and read your previous posts on the subject. But don't say you don't care; You wouldn't be responding if you didn't care and it's not a bad thing. That's what this board is all about.04-cheers

I meant I didn't care about whether we got the P12 #8 or not. I repeat. I DON'T CARE. Context is your friend. 03-lmfao
10-07-2013 03:27 PM
EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

I Root For: AAC
(10-07-2013 02:33 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  And with the P-5 boxing us out, about the only big gripe I have that we could have done anything about is the New Orleans Bowl. I'd have preferred New Orleans over any one of these new test tube baby bowls (and frankly, I don't think Im alone in that thought).

I agree with that. We didn't want to play the sunbelt for whatever reason, although there's not much difference between them and C-USA. We'd get a conference champ with the NOLA bowl and more AAC teams are relatively close to NOLA.
10-07-2013 03:58 PM
flyin'tiger Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: memphis
So now there are 78 teams playing exhibition games. When will the NCAA stand up and start a playoff for the championship. Invite every conference champion and some at large teams. If those teams opt out and choose to play an exhibition game so be it. Fill their slots with other teams. I would prefer to incorporate the bowls in the tournament but if they have to go the way of the nit so be it.
10-07-2013 04:14 PM
Advertisement

HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
I still think an AAC vs MWC champions bowl would be in both leagues' best interest. At least that way, your champ is gauranteed to play a half way decent team and at least the AAC and MWC conference fanbases might be intrigued by it.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 04:20 PM by HartfordHusky.)
10-07-2013 04:20 PM
UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
(10-07-2013 04:14 PM)flyintiger Wrote:  When will the NCAA stand up and start a playoff for the championship. Invite every conference champion and some at large teams.

The NCAA can't change the post-season format without a vote from its membership. Roughly half of the FBS membership is in the Power 5 who don't really have any reason to want to include every conference champion in the playoff. Without their votes, the NCAA can't really do anything. There is a reason why the NCAA is not in charge of the new playoff committee after all.

(10-07-2013 04:14 PM)flyintiger Wrote:  If those teams opt out and choose to play an exhibition game so be it. Fill their slots with other teams. I would prefer to incorporate the bowls in the tournament but if they have to go the way of the nit so be it.

Even if the NCAA could somehow force a playoff on FBS football, it would still have a major problem. Without the Power 5 schools, the playoffs would lack a lot of marquee/brand name football programs that tend to bring large TV ratings. Without those marquee names, the playoffs would likely be unable to sign a lucrative TV contract and would end up being a money loser or revenue neutral like the FCS playoffs.

Think of it like this, would the NCAA tournament be worth as much as it is if you took out all of the marquee programs and filled the slots only with Cinderella teams?
10-07-2013 05:10 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Awful somehow keeps getting worse.
10-07-2013 07:17 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(10-07-2013 02:00 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-07-2013 01:53 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Something's better than nothing.

Agree. Except for Montgomery, those are nice locations. And Montgomery is about a ninety-minute drive from my house.

you can even pick me up on the way
04-cheers
10-07-2013 07:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.