Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for TXST fans
Bookmark and Share
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Question for TXST fans
Do you think Fran has been intentionally keeping our offense vanilla in order to surprise Texas Tech? I hold out hope that this is true, maybe they knew they could win their first two without giving away everything before we play the hardest game on the schedule. I hope we win, I don't expect us to win, but I do expect us to keep it more competitive than the last two blowouts.
09-17-2013 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dewclaws Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Question for TXST fans
I was also thinking/hoping that is the case too. Have no idea, but it would be nice to see some new and effective offensive wrinkles from now on.
09-17-2013 07:51 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Why would you keep your offense vanilla so Texas Tech cant watch? Wouldn't it make more sense to hold it so SBC teams don't get a lot of film?
09-17-2013 07:58 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I know there have been some position changes and they have added more stuff over the 2 weeks. Probably just more from the actual play book. I doubt anything too far out of the ordinary realm of plays. ie: no trickery
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 08:19 PM by CatMom.)
09-17-2013 08:19 PM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
[Image: onrbk.jpg]
09-17-2013 08:25 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-17-2013 08:19 PM)CatMom Wrote:  I know there have been some position changes and they have added more stuff over the 2 weeks. Probably just more from the actual play book. I doubt anything too far out of the ordinary realm of plays. ie: no trickery

I think you'll see it if your coaches think the game is within the realm of possibility.
09-17-2013 08:28 PM
Advertisement

txstatebobcat Offline
Bench Warmer

No, I really don't see it changing at all. Fran's offense is the type of "you know what's coming, but there is nothing you can do to stop it" kind of offense. So really what we've seen in the last two games has been pretty much it.
09-17-2013 09:38 PM
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I think Fran has shown very little of anything in our win over Prairie View. Fran would like a win against Tech but we will have to wait and see what he and Shultz do on offense.
09-17-2013 11:04 PM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

Fran is on record saying that he played conservatively against southern miss.. So yes, Tech has not seen everything yet. but Fran also said this week that we would need a southern miss type of game defensively to have a shot here. That we cant reasonably expect to win a 40-38 shootout with them.
09-18-2013 12:55 AM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

(09-17-2013 07:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Why would you keep your offense vanilla so Texas Tech cant watch? Wouldn't it make more sense to hold it so SBC teams don't get a lot of film?

being competitive with other texas football teams is how you measure your salt here.
09-18-2013 12:59 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

It is a Texas pride thing you wouldn't understand.
09-18-2013 01:19 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(09-18-2013 12:59 AM)bokobobcat1919 Wrote:  
(09-17-2013 07:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Why would you keep your offense vanilla so Texas Tech cant watch? Wouldn't it make more sense to hold it so SBC teams don't get a lot of film?

being competitive with other texas football teams is how you measure your salt here.

Ahh. Coming from a state where it is essentially taboo to play other in state schools, its hard to see why that would be important. Such is Texas I guess..
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 01:39 AM by chiefsfan.)
09-18-2013 01:38 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

hard to avoid it when you have 12 FBS programs competing in one state
09-18-2013 02:05 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I think this is pretty much it. We kept thinking he was going to shake things up last year and make second half adjustments and they never came. How many weeks in a row did we go last year without scoring in the second half? Six? Frans game is kill the clock on offense and hope the defense makes stops. Super boring to watch. I miss the days of George airing it out.
09-18-2013 08:09 AM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(09-18-2013 08:09 AM)slycat Wrote:  I think this is pretty much it. We kept thinking he was going to shake things up last year and make second half adjustments and they never came. How many weeks in a row did we go last year without scoring in the second half? Six? Frans game is kill the clock on offense and hope the defense makes stops. Super boring to watch. I miss the days of George airing it out.

You and me both... Give me a 49-42 game over 14-7 any day.

It has been fun to watch KSAT's (San Antonio ABC affiliate) sports coverage on the nightly news this week. They are spinning this week's game against Tech as a "battle of unbeatens". They are hyping the fact that Texas State has the #1 ranked Rush and #4 scoring defenses in FBS VS Texas Tech's high power Air Raid offense.

Looking back 5 years ago, who would have ever thought the storyline for Texas State football would be our #1 ranked defense?
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 09:16 AM by chrisattsu.)
09-18-2013 09:15 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

(09-18-2013 09:15 AM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(09-18-2013 08:09 AM)slycat Wrote:  I think this is pretty much it. We kept thinking he was going to shake things up last year and make second half adjustments and they never came. How many weeks in a row did we go last year without scoring in the second half? Six? Frans game is kill the clock on offense and hope the defense makes stops. Super boring to watch. I miss the days of George airing it out.

You and me both... Give me a 49-42 game over 14-7 any day.

It has been fun to watch KSAT's (San Antonio ABC affiliate) sports coverage on the nightly news this week. They are spinning this week's game against Tech as a "battle of unbeatens". They are hyping the fact that Texas State has the #1 ranked Rush and #4 scoring defenses in FBS VS Texas Tech's high power Air Raid offense.

Looking back 5 years ago, who would have ever thought the storyline for Texas State football would be our #1 ranked defense?

It's funny how we went from top 10 offense and bottom defense (in FCS) to top 10 defense (in FBS) and bottom offense.
09-18-2013 09:31 AM
Advertisement

YouCanUseaMint Offline
2nd String

I do think that DJ Yendrey will be a surprise to one of these teams.. for all we know, he could be healthy just waiting for the right moment to make an introduction 04-rock
09-18-2013 09:46 AM
bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

when is gaines coming back? lord knows we're probably going to be returning some kicks this weekend.
09-18-2013 11:23 AM
Yosef84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian St
(09-18-2013 01:19 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  It is a Texas pride thing you wouldn't understand.

Everyone SHOULD understand the impact that local bragging rights would have on recruiting in Texas. Good luck on Saturday!
09-18-2013 11:24 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(09-18-2013 11:24 AM)Yosef84 Wrote:  
(09-18-2013 01:19 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  It is a Texas pride thing you wouldn't understand.

Everyone SHOULD understand the impact that local bragging rights would have on recruiting in Texas. Good luck on Saturday!

Yeah, this.

I've gone so far to order port-o-potties to my buddy's tailgate (he's a Tech grad).

I told him his guys are gonna be cr@pping their pants when they get mudstomped by the #4 defense in FBS.
09-18-2013 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.