Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UT Fan Site Accuses WKU players of murder
Bookmark and Share
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
UT Fan Site Accuses WKU players of murder
A facebook site, Rocky Top Blitz, posted that trouble was brewing for Petrino. They later changed this to trouble brewing on his watch. They insinuated that he was the subject of an investigation.

This site then made a turn, claiming that two unnamed WKU players were wanted in connection with the shooting death of a WKU student.

Since, the reports have been refuted by every media outlet in BG, as well as a denial of any truth to the reports by BGPD. This guy was whoring for attention IMO, and it worked. Every time someone tries to go on there and say that he is lying, or that he is being wildly unethical and irresponsible, he just deletes your post and blocks you from posting again.

Never been so disheartened by human existence. This guy fabricated facts about a murder, just so he could get more traffic on his facebook page and smear our good name.

This issue transcends past football, but I have never wanted to win a game so bad in my life. Their entire attitude this week has been asinine and flamboyantly arrogant. I want this game, bad.
09-06-2013 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: UT Fan Site Accuses WKU players of murder
Yea UT fans makes UK fans look like angels...
09-06-2013 10:12 AM
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

(09-06-2013 10:12 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Yea UT fans makes UK fans look like angels...

Not to worry after the game on Sat this numb nut will be looking to shoot himself
09-06-2013 10:45 AM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
Some (not all) Tennessee fans are among the worst in all of college football
09-06-2013 10:48 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
(09-06-2013 10:11 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  This issue transcends past football, but I have never wanted to win a game so bad in my life. Their entire attitude this week has been asinine and flamboyantly arrogant. I want this game, bad.

Best thing you can do is ignore it. Go in there and play a good football game and keep that mo' goin'.
09-06-2013 10:55 AM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(09-06-2013 10:11 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  A facebook site, Rocky Top Blitz, posted that trouble was brewing for Petrino. They later changed this to trouble brewing on his watch. They insinuated that he was the subject of an investigation.

This site then made a turn, claiming that two unnamed WKU players were wanted in connection with the shooting death of a WKU student.

Since, the reports have been refuted by every media outlet in BG, as well as a denial of any truth to the reports by BGPD. This guy was whoring for attention IMO, and it worked. Every time someone tries to go on there and say that he is lying, or that he is being wildly unethical and irresponsible, he just deletes your post and blocks you from posting again.

Never been so disheartened by human existence. This guy fabricated facts about a murder, just so he could get more traffic on his facebook page and smear our good name.

This issue transcends past football, but I have never wanted to win a game so bad in my life. Their entire attitude this week has been asinine and flamboyantly arrogant. I want this game, bad.

Welcome to the worst fans in the SEC.
09-06-2013 11:01 AM
Advertisement

gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
I was in Chattanooga last year for the GSU V UTC game, in a bar prior to the game, UT v S.Carolina was on. They CHEERED like MADMEN when Marcus Lattimore went down with that knee injury.

Sub.

Human.
09-06-2013 11:07 AM
Yosef84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian St
I will be pulling HARD for the Hilltoppers in this one. As I was riding up the elevator to my office this morning, a guy got on wearing a TN shirt. I commented about them having WKU this weekend and he said "Yes, that's actually where I went to college, but I'm a Tennessee football fan." I can't stand that stuff! I was raised a Georgia fan (father and most of my extended family went to Georgia) and I still pull for them but NEVER over my alma mater! I lost all respect for the guy. For some reason, it just has a fire lit and I REALLY want to see WKU smack the Vols down.

Kick their tails, Hilltoppers!
09-06-2013 11:24 AM
mathenis89 Offline
Sucks at NCAA Football 14

I Root For: WKU, Miami, OSU
Disgusting.

I haven't had much exposure to many Tennessee fans, so I never had anything against them.

I do now.
09-06-2013 12:05 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(09-06-2013 11:24 AM)Yosef84 Wrote:  I will be pulling HARD for the Hilltoppers in this one. As I was riding up the elevator to my office this morning, a guy got on wearing a TN shirt. I commented about them having WKU this weekend and he said "Yes, that's actually where I went to college, but I'm a Tennessee football fan." I can't stand that stuff! I was raised a Georgia fan (father and most of my extended family went to Georgia) and I still pull for them but NEVER over my alma mater! I lost all respect for the guy. For some reason, it just has a fire lit and I REALLY want to see WKU smack the Vols down.

Kick their tails, Hilltoppers!

Thanks. After two years in a row against UK, we are hoping to break that trend with locals pulling for UK
09-06-2013 12:25 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
OHHHHHHHH

UT = Tennessee.

In Texas, if you say UT, you only mean the longhorns in Austin.

Had me confused for a minute.
09-06-2013 12:30 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
On of the Hog sites resolved the UT/UT thing with
EOEA and EOEK
Evil Orange Empire Austin, Evil Orange Empire Knoxville.
09-06-2013 12:45 PM
NashvilleEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga. Southern
(09-06-2013 11:01 AM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 10:11 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  A facebook site, Rocky Top Blitz, posted that trouble was brewing for Petrino. They later changed this to trouble brewing on his watch. They insinuated that he was the subject of an investigation.

Yep. If you win, run as fast as you can out of Knoxville..the big orange can get nasty.
09-06-2013 01:47 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(09-06-2013 01:47 PM)NashvilleEagle Wrote:  

Yep. If you win, run as fast as you can out of Knoxville..the big orange can get nasty.

I think the swine are the worst.
Not many are this inhospitable to their guests.
[Image: w151570564.jpg]
09-06-2013 02:20 PM
swampbear Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana

You have me on your bandwagon....far as I am concerned you can't beat Tennessee bad enough...good luck this weekend to the Toppers
09-06-2013 03:37 PM
OsageJ Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
My daughter and son-in-law live in Knoxville and go to the Tennessee games. Both of them are stAte alums. When we played over there a couple of years ago they showed up at the game dressed in red and black. They got funny looks and a few questions from folks they always sit by but nothing bad. Of course if we had won the game I wonder if it might have been different.
09-06-2013 03:46 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-06-2013 02:20 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 01:47 PM)NashvilleEagle Wrote:  

I think the swine are the worst.

Along the same lines, I remember a few years ago they took a poll of players/coaches in the SEC about the "dirtiest" team in the SEC in terms of how they played. The answer was overwhelmingly Arkansas. I think 10 of the other 11 teams (before Texas A&M and Missouri) said Arkansas was the dirtiest team they faced.
09-06-2013 04:12 PM
gsu95 Offline
Fifth Estate

I Root For: USC, GS
(09-06-2013 02:20 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  I think the swine are the worst.

Wow.
Still, I'd say bad Georgia fans are as bad as any on the planet. But bad fans anywhere are no fun. Mix alcohol, sweat and that living vicariously thing some folks can't seem to separate from reality and they can make life unpleasant for those around them.

The thing that bothers me about "fan sites" is that even if someone goes in and sues this guy's pants off for malicious libel, and somehow manages to prove it and wins, it won't stop the next guy from doing the same thing, over and over again. I'm all for freedom of press and information, but with any freedom there are responsibilities. Or supposed to be anyway.
09-06-2013 05:34 PM
Chrono124 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Go TOPS beat their orange arses.
09-06-2013 05:57 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

Made my first visit for a football game at UT and I'm sure they have their crazy fans but I was honestly surprised by the fans I met. We walked the 1.5 miles from the parking lot with groups of UT fans and I found they are no different than most fans of your opponent. A lot of good luck, a lot of thank y'all for making the trip, a few we are going to kick Western's butt..type talk, no smart*ss just bragging.

Stopped in a couple shops along the walk and we had UT fans to offer to buy us a drink (coke)ask us about BigRed and BP talk. Finish the walk to the stadium with a older couple and a few college kids and joined them in the watching the band march in we were about the only one's dressed in red and not one rude comment.

Get to the stadium took our seat in section C row 10...45 yardline which from my understanding is a huge upgrade for visiting fans. Instead of the corner section then nosebleed seats now UT gives the visiting school...the first 10 rows running from the 10 yardline to about the 25 on the other end. Had UT fans right behind me and they talked about their team's weakness just like we all do. Heard one very rude fan sitting about 50 feet from us making rude and sexual remarks to the WKU fans in front of him. The first thing that happened was the UT fans called him out on it...not one but as a group. I can't say the same for the drunk ULL fan at last years WKU-ULL game with his words to the mother of a WKU player...rude and sexual comments. Anyways the guy made one more comment and the UT fans asked him to leave and when he wouldn't he was forced to by the police their fans contacted by text.

Same thing after the game a lot of have a safe trip home and things like that and I was very surprised at what we encountered from their fans. Had Western won would it have been different maybe but I don't think so. For the most part all fans are the same...a few rude loud mouths and overall nice people. I assume the way we visiting fans act can have some effect on it also.

I will say this UT's tailgating wasn't very good
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 01:02 AM by WKUYG.)
09-08-2013 12:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.