Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

just seems odd
Bookmark and Share
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
just seems odd
I went on the ESPN website to see the Sun Belt schedule this week. It was odd not seeing our former members on there. I know Texas State and Georgia State are officially in the Belt but it became real to me when I look at that schedule. We all talk smack but the season is starting tonight and four of our fellow Belters have left us and it's weird not playing them. WKU will leave next year and four new teams will make the move to the Belt. The loss of our former brothers is really starting to sink in.
08-29-2013 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DTD343 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: just seems odd
(08-29-2013 02:51 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  I went on the ESPN website to see the Sun Belt schedule this week. It was odd not seeing our former members on there. I know Texas State and Georgia State are officially in the Belt but it became real to me when I look at that schedule. We all talk smack but the season is starting tonight and four of our fellow Belters have left us and it's weird not playing them. WKU will leave next year and four new teams will make the move to the Belt. The loss of our former brothers is really starting to sink in.

I feel your pain
08-29-2013 03:04 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

It's not pain. It's just odd. Just as we were starting to build a strong conference we are having to start over. I can't even talk smack to the new guys because it's not the same. MTSU was always fun to smack talk with. The F_U schools thought they were going to be world beaters which made the smack talk fun. Don't even get me started on UNT and how the dominated the first four years of the Belts life and thought they still did after having multiple losing seasons. Then we have the gods of all things WKU. They own everybody.
08-29-2013 03:39 PM
runninjoe Offline
Special Teams

I will miss the former members but I for one am very excited to have Texas St in this conference. I think they have insane potential. Great name, great recruiting area, beautiful campus, and they already are scrappy. They beat UH and took a good (as much as I hate to admit it)La Tech team to the wire. App St will bring a lot too. Loyal support and brand name recognition.

Add UL, stAte, Troy, ULM and soon USA and you have some giant killers. I am not too bothered by the conference situation to say the least. All we can do is keep winning.
08-29-2013 04:06 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I was only pissed about the losses of MT and WKU. The two Florida schools are a wash, I would rather have kept FAU though.
08-29-2013 04:14 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(08-29-2013 04:06 PM)runninjoe Wrote:  I will miss the former members but I for one am very excited to have Texas St in this conference. I think they have insane potential. Great name, great recruiting area, beautiful campus, and they already are scrappy. They beat UH and took a good (as much as I hate to admit it)La Tech team to the wire. App St will bring a lot too. Loyal support and brand name recognition.

Add UL, stAte, Troy, ULM and soon USA and you have some giant killers. I am not too bothered by the conference situation to say the least. All we can do is keep winning.

Thank you brother! Keep it up, and I feel confident that we can make you an "Honorary Bobcat." The season'e finally here, Let's GO SUN BELT, and take some folks to the Woodshed! 04-rock
08-29-2013 04:14 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Its only really weird for MTSU. I ran across their schedule, and it was strange to not see a single SBC school on it. To be honest, I had almost forgotten that UNT and FIU were a part of the conference.
08-29-2013 04:24 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(08-29-2013 04:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Its only really weird for MTSU. I ran across their schedule, and it was strange to not see a single SBC school on it. To be honest, I had almost forgotten that UNT and FIU were a part of the conference.

But UNT was the top football program in the conference.
08-29-2013 04:45 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-29-2013 04:45 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  
(08-29-2013 04:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Its only really weird for MTSU. I ran across their schedule, and it was strange to not see a single SBC school on it. To be honest, I had almost forgotten that UNT and FIU were a part of the conference.

But UNT was the top football program in the conference.

That was back in the days when ESPN only had two channels.
08-29-2013 04:47 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
Funniest post of the day
08-29-2013 05:06 PM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(08-29-2013 04:06 PM)runninjoe Wrote:  I will miss the former members but I for one am very excited to have Texas St in this conference. I think they have insane potential. Great name, great recruiting area, beautiful campus, and they already are scrappy. They beat UH and took a good (as much as I hate to admit it)La Tech team to the wire. App St will bring a lot too. Loyal support and brand name recognition.

I think Texas State, Georgia Southern, and App State are all excellent additions to the Sun Belt. I think they'll all regularly contend for the Sun Belt title. Not as sure about Georgia State, but they too have potential. I think Benson did a very good a job in replacing the schools that left.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013 05:52 PM by BRtransplant.)
08-29-2013 05:51 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
UNT was nice. Gave me another decent length road trip. No one coming in replaces that.
08-30-2013 10:21 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-29-2013 04:14 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  I was only pissed about the losses of MT and WKU. The two Florida schools are a wash, I would rather have kept FAU though.

I'm with you on the Florida schools and hate to see MT and WKU leave, but how do you feel about UNT leaving?
08-30-2013 11:39 AM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
(08-30-2013 10:21 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  UNT was nice. Gave me another decent length road trip. No one coming in replaces that.

Compared to Denton, San Marcos is totally worth the extra 3 hours...
08-30-2013 12:47 PM
Buzz Lightyear Lite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TROY
(08-30-2013 12:47 PM)tx.state Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 10:21 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  UNT was nice. Gave me another decent length road trip. No one coming in replaces that.

Compared to Denton, San Marcos is totally worth the extra 3 hours...

Having lived in Texas for about 10 years.....a definite yes to that...convincing wife to make a Troy trip there into a 4 if not 5 day event for the Hill Country...
08-30-2013 01:05 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I like San Marcos but that adds six hours to a weekend round trip.
08-30-2013 01:41 PM
Advertisement

bokobobcat1919 Offline
Sun Belt

I Root For: Texas State

awww shucks. We think you guys are pretty ok too.04-cheers
08-30-2013 02:04 PM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(08-29-2013 02:51 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  I went on the ESPN website to see the Sun Belt schedule this week. It was odd not seeing our former members on there. I know Texas State and Georgia State are officially in the Belt but it became real to me when I look at that schedule. We all talk smack but the season is starting tonight and four of our fellow Belters have left us and it's weird not playing them. WKU will leave next year and four new teams will make the move to the Belt. The loss of our former brothers is really starting to sink in.

But we are here now and we are awesome! Have our fans told you that lately? 04-cheers
08-30-2013 03:02 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern

Once you see how intense your games with App and Ga Southern will be, the teams leaving will be long forgotten.
08-30-2013 03:44 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(08-30-2013 11:39 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(08-29-2013 04:14 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  I was only pissed about the losses of MT and WKU. The two Florida schools are a wash, I would rather have kept FAU though.

I'm with you on the Florida schools and hate to see MT and WKU leave, but how do you feel about UNT leaving?

Honestly I could care less about UNT. They didnt play baseball, and they will always be the 6th fiddle in the metroplex behind Texas, A&M, TCU, SMU and Oklahoma.

I just don't see them as a huge loss. We gained a lot more with Tx State.
08-30-2013 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.